Author Topic: World Of Tanks  (Read 58122 times)

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ayween_the_Quail
  • IRC nick: CaveSquirrel
Re: World Of Tanks
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 12:01:20 pm »

Y But I kind of like sticking to at least Tier 8, as those tanks have the most potential for improving your skills. From T8 on you can actually try out angling and most of the other fun stuff, as the HP-Pool is high enough to let you last a bit longer than in lower tiers.

Though, some Tier 8 are pretty useless, Panther II for example, was sometimes fun playing with that one but against other Tier8 tanks it doesn't have a chance.

E-50 is fine for me atm, even though I don't have the best gun and engine, they cost around 60k each, takes some time to get that.

Also played with the Churchill VII, may have a good armor-rate, but the guns are useless against higher tiers, even the Black Prince doesn't seem better.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 12:04:55 pm »
I'm still stuck at tiers 5-7, probably because i own some 10+ different tanks in different trees from every nation, spreading my playing time pretty thin amongst them.

PzII (i still own it, with crew at 100% and first skill at 90%, with some added equipment) and Covenanter are still my favourite tanks, with perhaps T1 HT taking the third place.
I do love assaulting and these tanks are just perfect for that.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 12:11:09 pm »
I'm still stuck at tiers 5-7, probably because i own some 10+ different tanks in different trees from every nation, spreading my playing time pretty thin amongst them.

PzII (i still own it, with crew at 100% and first skill at 90%, with some added equipment) and Covenanter are still my favourite tanks, with perhaps T1 HT taking the third place.
I do love assaulting and these tanks are just perfect for that.

I have like 20 different tanks. Got a King Tiger which is so boring to play I'd rather facedesk for 10 minutes than play it. Then I have a Type 59 that my friend bought me for my birthday last year. Probably to troll me :D

It's pretty fun, though. My favourite tank is StuGIII. It's the greatest thing ever. Ever.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 12:22:25 pm »
My favourite tank is StuGIII. It's the greatest thing ever. Ever.

Most fun I had when I played this game was with it.

+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 12:30:58 pm »
It is a great TD, but nothing beats being able to swiftly flank an enemy force, then unload on their backs from your autoloader cannon for massive burst damage :D

I love autoloaders :)

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 01:40:34 pm »
Got a King Tiger which is so boring to play I'd rather facedesk for 10 minutes than play it.

I mean, it's a classic Def-Tank... but boring? I never once had a boring game in it, and I'll keep it in my garage even though I got the E-75 now (which is even better imo). Average XP on KT is around 730, so I'm not doing too bad. :p Again, it's all about how you use it, not about how fast you can die in it. :D

Not a big fan of Autoloaders... neither with having them nor as my enemies. :D Usually trying to ammorack them before they get more than 3 shots into me. Means I got pretty much only 1 try, but hey, whoever said it's an easy game :D
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 03:01:47 pm »
i have panther and i am pretty close to GTX because i get thrwon agaisnt tier 9 so damn often and i jsut cant do anything to them since it takes avarage 10 or  even more shots to kill tank. Stug was pretty fun , but i got jagpanzer now and it is also fun, pretty low tank it is hard to hit compared to some other tak destroyers, jsut imagine fun i will have with ferdinand  jsut standing like a boss and nobody cant penetrate me from front  :)
Also i got hummel which is pretty easy mode, my record is doing 999 damage on IS with a single shot. As well i have amx elc  which is pretty much of a troll tank, i just run around and maybe destroy some weaklings or arty, city maps are most fun with tha one since i lure through buildings and hide like  a boss.Ad ofcourse kv 1S shity armor and less hp than any other heavy tank but one damn powerfull canon.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 03:23:59 pm »
Dont quit on the panther, i dont know if you have the l100 gun, but if you do have, play as if you are a tank destroyer. Averagely I kill 3-4 tanks every round with panther, the gun is just really sick.

For me Jagdpanzer was ok, i used the l70 after the buff instead of the 88, i though the accuracy and penetration were more important than the damage, but jagdpanzer 4 isnt really special or unique.

I have jagdpanther now, a pretty solid TD, but due to the increase of the tank size, it is much harder to remain hidden in bushes as you are used to with the lesser tanks. Honestly not really interested in the later tier tank destroyers, but if i were to carry on, i would go with the jagdpanther 2, think the mobility is more important that the armor, especially in higher tier battles.

Easy Eight is simply the coolest tank i have now, with 100% crew, vert stabilizer, gun lay drive and a rammer, the thing is soo damn good on the move, very agile and accurate and can turn enemy tanks to scrap in seconds. I have unlocked the T20 and the M36 Jackson but i wont advance any further in the American tree, easy eight is the best.

I also have an IS and KV3 available but i just really dont like the heavy tanks anymore, i had fun with KV1 and derp gun back before patch, and when the KV3 was tier 6, but now it is moved up, Ive dropped it. Also felt a bit cheated because i wasted xp on the IS and then the KV4 came.

Pzkpfw 4, i didnt use it in its Schmallturm era, but i bought it after patch, pretty solid tank, but definetly weaker than the pz3/4, and also poor gun compared to the T-34 and M4 sherman counterpart, they should buff the L48 gun (actually overhaul all the german guns), with it i am going for tiger because it is a sexy and iconic tank, and maybe King Tiger, but then no further.

I also intend on keeping the Panther, Pz4, Easy Eight and the Tiger and Jagpanther and i am pretty statisfied. All the other is just cool extras.

Though the E50M and the future Leopard 1 really do look sexy  :oops:

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 03:32:30 pm »
PzIV, back in the schmallturm era, used to have the best gun out of all the mediums of it's tier - decent speed, great penetration, great shell velocity, sniper precision (like, really, SNIPER).

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 10:23:33 pm »
+1
Sometimes i feel like i'm ready to move on from this game. And then something like

(click to show/hide)

happens. So little time to spend :(

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 07:05:44 am »
I found this site http://mwreplays.com/ you can upload your replays or download others. It  gives you an opinion about the tank which you will get.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:13:14 am by Xside »

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 06:16:21 am »
I love world of tanks! I have a completely pimped out MT M2

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 07:11:41 am »
Guys, I recall playing this and the game ran like absolute shit on my computer.

Did they do anything with it? It looked pretty average and way too demanding anyway.

I'm a bit bored and might re-download this to have a look.

Also, you guys are awesome. Not only I've learned how to play EU3 here, but also DOTA which I thought I'd never get into.

Can you give me a few tips about WHERE to shoot these metal boxes? Other than the back, is it varied for each enemy tank, how am I supposed to know where's an ammo rack/module/crew member, hell, if it's even in that place ingame.

I'm not that much of a tank nut u.u

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 07:36:15 am »
The two targets you want to shoot for are the engine(fire) and ammo rack(blows up). Ammo rack storage places differ on tanks somewhat and can be hard to target. Engine placement however is quite obvious and almost always at the back. You can find skins on tanks that show different critical area target places but I think that just ruins the game.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 07:38:34 am »
+1
Guys, I recall playing this and the game ran like absolute shit on my computer.

Did they do anything with it? It looked pretty average and way too demanding anyway.

I'm a bit bored and might re-download this to have a look.

Also, you guys are awesome. Not only I've learned how to play EU3 here, but also DOTA which I thought I'd never get into.

Can you give me a few tips about WHERE to shoot these metal boxes? Other than the back, is it varied for each enemy tank, how am I supposed to know where's an ammo rack/module/crew member, hell, if it's even in that place ingame.

I'm not that much of a tank nut u.u
this should be enough
http://wot-shot.com/
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.