Author Topic: Political correctness and all that jazz  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
Re: Political correctness and all that jazz
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 01:23:05 am »
Thanks for the support everyone, but don't get too riled up :3. It was an unfortunate misunderstanding. Talked with cmp and all's good.

You see, cRPG forums are a society of givers and takers.  Some people give the permanent bans, the rest take them.  He wouldn't of been banned if his race didn't have a culture of dependence on others to do the moderating.

That hurts my feelings smoothy  :!:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 2045
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 01:42:10 am »
Thanks for down vote, I really appreciate it.

Btw, your trolling sucks.

Now let's turn this into one of those famous communism vs capitalism threads. What's your opinion on both and can you give me advantages and disadvantages of both systems using short sentences?

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 01:44:15 am »
Thanks for down vote, I really appreciate it.

Btw, your trolling sucks.

Now let's turn this into one of those famous communism vs capitalism threads. What your opinion on both and can you give me advantages and disadvantages of both systems using short sentences?

Leshma, I care more about dirt on the ground than you.

Dirt on the ground means I might step on hidden shit.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2285
  • Infamy: 1965
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 01:49:06 am »
So no commie vs imperialist discussion? Shame, I have some interesting non biased theories on that subject.

I don't see what you're getting by insulting me but keep it up if it makes you feel good about yourself.

No minus for you, I'm not generous person like you are.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 01:56:07 am »
So no commie vs imperialist discussion? Shame, I have some interesting non biased theories on that subject.

I don't see what you're getting by insulting me but keep it up if it makes you feel good about yourself.

No minus for you, I'm not generous person like you are.

No

Berenger might if u start insulting the US though.

Kinda like his bat signal.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:02:25 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 99
  • Infamy: 1492
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2012, 02:05:24 am »
Has little to do with US, it's more about China and why they ditched communism for capitalism.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 02:08:25 am »
Has little to do with US, it's more about China and why they ditched communism for capitalism.

Cause the leaders decided they kind of didn't want to lose their heads Romania-style?

Dunno, makes sense.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2012, 11:17:24 am »
Fact : people most often only downvote posts when they think they can do it in relative anonymity, such as when a post has already been downvoted a lot of times. Downvoting people you are arguing with is usually regarded as childish.

You are disagreeing with yourself here, affirmative action means picking people based on their gender and race even if they are lacking in merit and ability compared to someone else. Postive discrimination is a disgusting concept.

IMO the problem is that people living in bad neighborhoods, no matter their individual willingness to do something great with their life (or not), will not get good education. In today's society, most people don't go very far without education, and that's what's keeping social mobility so low. This is especially true in countries where education fees force students to be from a family with some financial resources, to take loans for absurd durations like 20 years and to work during their studies. I mean, what the fuck. If even a tenth of the US's GDP that currently goes in the juridic sector was given to education centers and a considerable part of that directed to fund free mandatory education (I don't know the names but I'm referring to the one that is mandatory until the age of 16 or 18), the healthcare crisis would be resolved within 10 years, families living in bad neighborhoods would actually start having the means to get out of them and unemployment would decrease as a consequence of a lower amount of low education unemployed people.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2012, 01:29:18 pm »
+1
No

Berenger might if u start insulting the US though.

Kinda like his bat signal.

Now let's turn this into one of those famous communism vs capitalism threads. What's your opinion on both and can you give me advantages and disadvantages of both systems using short sentences?

http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-off-topic/official-pro-capitalism-discussion-thread/msg479521/#msg479521

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1866
  • Infamy: 1330
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2012, 02:06:43 pm »
@Berenger: Old thread, I'll rather do it here if you don't mind.

Cause the leaders decided they kind of didn't want to lose their heads Romania-style?

Dunno, makes sense.

(click to show/hide)

Doubt that could ever happen. Mao Zedong wasn't an idiot like Ceaușescu.

Chinese exchanged communism with capitalism decades ago but most people still think they are communist state.

I have very high opinion of Chinese folks because they seem to be only people smart enough to figure out what's wrong with communism.

You see, communism is a lot better than capitalism in early stages. Provides huge economic growth because its very violent in the begging, in most cases communism turned family members and friends against each other and replaced their love for those that were close to them with love towards state and whole nation. That's why people worked for free and with passion to build a country in early stages of communism in Russia, Yugoslavia, Cuba and other South American countries.

In capitalism it's all about individual, you have to give your best to survive and create something for yourself. It's hard to persuade large groups of people to work together towards the same goal because each one of them is working to accomplish his own goals. There's no morale boost, unity and things you see in early stages of communism.

Then why communism fails, you ask me? It's pretty damn simple. That initial sparkle doesn't last forever. Whole idea of communism is to make system where everyone will enjoy, and people work hard only at the beginning to build a foundation. Later they become lazy and that is exactly the reason why every state based on communism failed so far.

There's no such issue with capitalism, it's constant. You need work at early stage, you need to work always if you want to survive. You stop working hard and you're in a trouble.

Mao or someone close to him figured that out and changed the system to capitalism before it was too late. Now they are great country, growing day by day because they were smart unlike almost every other country that lived in communism.

What's the point of all of this?

If you want your country to grow, you should embrace communism in a way every else did. Make it as bloody as possible but build the faith and raise morale of the people. After 5 to 10 years max ditch it for capitalism and your country will prosper more than it could if you start with just capitalism.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2012, 02:25:43 pm »
@Berenger: Old thread, I'll rather do it here if you don't mind.
'

Fine. Capitalism is the solution

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2012, 02:35:38 pm »
@Leshma
Yes, building a future on the bones of those around you is smart. :rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 2304
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2012, 02:58:05 pm »
It's not humane but smart, yes I think it is. Most successful countries did it.

Humanity is fading away, it's not important as it was before.

They don't even send pilots to bomb people anyone, because human pilot is liability. Pilot can have doubts about his mission or end up being captured. That's why they send pre-programmed drones which don't give a fuck how many innocents get killed. And the guy who is programming them doesn't feel that much guilt because to him everything looks like a bloody video game.

Today are drones, tomorrow another science fiction favorite, nanobots used in medicine for treating diseases and everything else. It's not that far away actually and it's better and safer than using viruses in biological warfare.

Things few people still care about will become meaningless in the near future. Yes, I'm talking about morality, humanity, kindness, empathy and stuff like that.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2012, 06:23:01 pm »
Fact : people most often only downvote posts when they think they can do it in relative anonymity, such as when a post has already been downvoted a lot of times. Downvoting people you are arguing with is usually regarded as childish.

It's not a fact, it's only your opinion about other people's behaviour. I downvote posts - not people! - with which I don't agree or which I find stupid. It's regarded as childish you say? Well, if you care about it....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:29:11 pm by Falka »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2012, 06:26:01 pm »
It's not humane but smart, yes I think it is. Most successful countries did it.

Humanity is fading away, it's not important as it was before.

They don't even send pilots to bomb people anyone, because human pilot is liability. Pilot can have doubts about his mission or end up being captured. That's why they send pre-programmed drones which don't give a fuck how many innocents get killed. And the guy who is programming them doesn't feel that much guilt because to him everything looks like a bloody video game.

Today are drones, tomorrow another science fiction favorite, nanobots used in medicine for treating diseases and everything else. It's not that far away actually and it's better and safer than using viruses in biological warfare.

Things few people still care about will become meaningless in the near future. Yes, I'm talking about morality, humanity, kindness, empathy and stuff like that.

I don't think you can change the human nature and our natural tendency to be somewhat altruistic (or at least have some kind of value/ethics system) without a massive genetic intervention or a lot of time.