Author Topic: shielder build questions  (Read 2488 times)

Offline beez

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: shielder build questions
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 12:04:05 am »
thanks guys, it helps a lot :)

with zero ironflesh, you will realize you die quickly. So i recommend you not to give any pt skill. Here is my current build;

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 21
Agility: 15
Hit points: 70
Converted: 2
Ironflesh: 7
Power Strike: 7
Shield: 5
Athletics: 5
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 5

One Handed: 146
Polearm: 6

Equip also a pike, awlpike, or a long awlpike instead of throwing weapons. It will give you advantage against cavalary

What about that ?

Strength: 21
Agility: 15
Converted: 2
Ironflesh: 5
Power Strike: 7
Shield: 5
Athletics: 5
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 2
Weapon Master: 5

One Handed: 146
Throw: 6

I just hate polearms and I have no problem with cavalry in general, except on really open maps.
2 PT gives me access to the cheapest axes which will be ok I think since it's mainly to damage a shield or defend a ladder in siege.

Tell me what you guys think :D
Cya in game !
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:29:54 am by beez »

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 12:38:45 am »

I just hate polearms and I have no problem with cavalry in general, except on really open maps.
2 PT gives me access to the cheapest axes which will be ok I think since it's mainly to damage a shield or defend a ladder in siege.

Tell me what you guys think :D
Cya in game !

2PT isn't enough. Throwing become useful when you have at least 6PT with 100wpf on throwing, or at least 7PT.

Offline beez

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 01:07:11 am »
Well as I said I don't want to throw 24/7, I will just carry a bunch of axes to use in certain situations, to kite ppl or to damage a shield. Anyway I don't need insane accuracy so is 2 PT really too low ?
Thanks anyway :)

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 02:57:34 am »
With PS 8, you need 4-5 heavy throwing axes to break a huscarl. :-) If you mean throwing franciscas to peasants... ok. With PT2, a ninja with black lammelar armor suffers around.. 5, 10, 15 points of damage? No more.

If you want to be a thrower hybrid go for 21/15 with PT7 or 18/18 with PT6. The curve on PT is very unbalanced. From 0 to 6 is pretty useless. From 6-8 it's get a nice boost. From 8 to 10, it's awesome. From 10 to 12 is from another world or something. Just try to play a full thrower and see what I am talking about.

Offline beez

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 04:12:34 am »
Alright I got it XD. Then I will stick to 1h + shield, maybe with a polearm, don't know yet :).
Anyway thanks to all you guys for your awsome advices :D.

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 12:34:42 pm »
Well, unfortunately giving some points to PT does not live up to your expectations, especially when it's below 5. I always face situations when I regret not to have something to throw, but in order to have my throwing skill powerful, I know that I have to sacrifice my 1h skills, which is something I really don't want :)

Also keep in mind that people are talking about the new slot system which might, ( I'm not totally sure about it, check it out yourself ), alter the hybrid builds by disabling carrying a side weapon such as a pike or throwing stuff. If those are to come true, then things we are discussing right now won't even matter. My suggestion is to try both builds; polearm vs throwing as a side weapon, before the new patch comes. Then you decide which one was more effective and let us know ;)