Yes?

Yes.
20 (62.5%)
Maybe?
3 (9.4%)
Naw :F
9 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Save DTV - add more waves, armed with longer weapons?  (Read 956 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Save DTV - add more waves, armed with longer weapons?
« on: November 05, 2012, 02:30:07 pm »
+6
Sick and tired of seeing DTV populated by lame people, that just sit in some unreachable spot, be it behind a fence or on top of some obstacle, and just slaughter bots all day with their long 2her/polearm? I know i am.

Solution? Bots with LONGER weapons!

Think Swiss Pikemen/halberdier waves! Or Khuyak Hero waves! Perhaps give some of the nomads LHBs? You get the idea.

Save DTV?

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Save DTV - add more waves, armed with longer weapons?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 04:27:24 pm »
+2
+1

DTV gets really boring after you've beaten it a couple of times. Since it's so easy (if you know how to play) and most players just glitch nowadays, or else they can't win, your suggestion would be great.

But what would be even better is the fact that bots could jump. Can you imagine all those glitchers behind their holy fence drooling over incoming bots, when suddenly the bots jump over the fence and kill them all? That would be a dream come true. :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »
+1
DTV is meant to be won when players cooperate, and lost when they don't. Thing is, when everybody cooperates, the game seems way too easy, and way too hard when they don't.

On top of that, there are way too many leechers and terrible players that can't even kill a bandit bot.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:53:47 am »
give rewards pls after finishing all rounds.. example one week pink  title  on all servers as defender of virgin..DTV MAPS, not this random ones.. new waves ofc

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 08:55:35 pm »
+1
I have a better idea: remove all fences and "glitchy" places from DTV maps - problem solved.

If everyone had to fight bots on solid ground in the same conditions, they would probably learn more.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 09:08:32 pm »
I have a better idea: remove all fences and "glitchy" places from DTV maps - problem solved.
What a great idea! Please tell us when you have done that!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 09:24:46 pm »

1) open the terrain builder
2) put the vegetation, hills and erosion sliders to the minimum
3) save the map
4) send us the .so file

done

Btw, this would also produce the best battle maps ever.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 09:30:19 pm »
Errrrrrrrr, one of the DTV maps has had the only ladder to a roof removed recently. Ask HRE.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 10:36:14 pm »
1) open the terrain builder
2) put the vegetation, hills and erosion sliders to the minimum
3) save the map
4) send us the .so file

done

Btw, this would also produce the best battle maps ever.
That's creating a new map, not going into every single village map and then manually find and remove every single fence and "glitchy" part of the maps, which is really time consuming and is something you should NOT ask of others.

Errrrrrrrr, one of the DTV maps has had the only ladder to a roof removed recently. Ask HRE.
So they changed one map. Good. That doesn't mean that manually changing all the maps is not a time consuming job that you shouldn't ask others to do. If you want them all those parts of the maps to be removed, go remove them yourself. Or better, make custom made maps yourself.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline BD_SUPERBEAST

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warpigs_BD_Superbeast
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 12:01:15 am »
+1
What dtv need is bots coming from all directions,like it used to be in Defend the village(this would crete more interesting situations more alike in a normal battlefield).And also, substituting actual AI for a script like the Veteran fighter AI on Nditions so bots not only spam and do some blocks and feints would be refreshing too. This 2 comboed with new waves would make the game not that boring for everyone and would not take too much work as there was already maps that had spawn points from all directions for bots in old DTV.

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Valkyrja
  • Game nicks: Valkyrja_Randgrid
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 12:16:11 am »
Are you crazy guys? If you will remove all sweet closed fences and unreachable roofs for bots. Then ppl will barely pass far than raiders - weaboos are weak enough to beat them for random ppl. What teamplay are you talking about in DTV? I saw it very few times. With 5-8 men. Yeah, with good teamplay with good high lvl players you could pass to tincans or sexies no matter of map. But ffs, we have a lot low lvl guys with scythes in shit armor\lot of leechers, lot of newbies guys who don't know how deal with bots, lot of idiots who lure each time angry bots to virgin, we have a lot of Rambo-heroes who die on first wave, - its really hard sometimes to organise ppl use advantages of "easy" maps - fences or roofs, - they just break all tactics and we have bot's mob rushing directly to the virgin. On open maps i see all the time players are losing raiders. Not even mentioned NA DTV where guys are fighting peasats and bandits each time i enter NA. And they can't beat even nomads.

So NO! Thats not the right way to make DTV more interesting!

P.S. I could suggest bots able to use blocks(not only down block) it may bring more challenge to fight bots for rambos, and those weird "bots trains" Let bots block like in singleplayer in native or in native duel servers.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:25:54 am by Firebrand »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 12:58:30 am »
Yes please.

I loved defend the village, I liked defend the virgin, but now its fencecamping or roofcamping... Both of them are BS ways of playing and pikes, long spears, swiss halberds, rondel dagger, english bills and more trowing weps might help this be fixed.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 01:10:16 am »
That's creating a new map, not going into every single village map and then manually find and remove every single fence and "glitchy" part of the maps, which is really time consuming and is something you should NOT ask of others.

So they changed one map. Good. That doesn't mean that manually changing all the maps is not a time consuming job that you shouldn't ask others to do. If you want them all those parts of the maps to be removed, go remove them yourself. Or better, make custom made maps yourself.
I never demanded anyone to do anything. I just gave an idea. So relax, buddy. Anyway, I have never seen you in EU DTV (unless I am wrong and you are American).

People have posted suggestions concerning DTV and I think none have been even taken into consideration. Let's face it: the origins of this mod had no PvE, and, when DTV was created, I bet the intention was not to be played only for grind, but it has derived into a (boring for some) easy game-mode where you can level up (without the stress of PvP). My point is that I suppose the devs don't pay much attention to DTV anymore, so it's a bit hopeless to keep asking for fixes for DTV when there are other issues with the main aspect of the game (PvP-Strategus).

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Valkyrja
  • Game nicks: Valkyrja_Randgrid
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 02:37:15 am »
I never demanded anyone to do anything. I just gave an idea. So relax, buddy. Anyway, I have never seen you in EU DTV (unless I am wrong and you are American).

People have posted suggestions concerning DTV and I think none have been even taken into consideration. Let's face it: the origins of this mod had no PvE, and, when DTV was created, I bet the intention was not to be played only for grind, but it has derived into a (boring for some) easy game-mode where you can level up (without the stress of PvP). My point is that I suppose the devs don't pay much attention to DTV anymore, so it's a bit hopeless to keep asking for fixes for DTV when there are other issues with the main aspect of the game (PvP-Strategus).
Let's make developers create new PvE mode. Commander Battle - where player commands squad of bots(cavs, inf, archers), lets players use tactics to rule bots and fight them and other players. I used to play a bit Napoleonic Wars mode CB it was really fun - reminded me M&B singleplayer battles but with lot of tactical nuances and aspects. I wish that devs made such battle system for strategus but not stupid relationship-based-roster-crap-system. Its easy mode for everybody not just for crasy skilled 35-36 lvl nerds, but for newbies and randomers its fun too, also this mode make battles more deep and tactical. U can feel kind a squad commander of soldiers and you lead them into battle using tactic to flank enemies or rush them. It may refresh bored brutal cRPG gameplay, with funny and interesting battles.
Shame that such good mod(cRPG) still don't have such kind of gamemode.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:43:07 am by Firebrand »

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 02:49:59 am »
I wouldn't mind seeing a pikeman or archer wave added in.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project