Author Topic: About this multi account business....  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
Re: About this multi account business....
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 12:05:09 am »
+3
Come on, any serious strat player isn't gunna leave because of a wipe.  Yeah maybe casual ones will but its not going kill the community...

Im sure alot of the serious players would quit, losing hundreds of hours of work because a few idiots decided to cheat? How can anyone take strat seriously if its just gonna be wiped everytime someone tries to exploit/cheat. There is always gonna be something to exploit, especially with strat, wiping it every time something like this happens is not the answer, strat would never get anywhere.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 12:23:26 am »
Im sure alot of the serious players would quit, losing hundreds of hours of work because a few idiots decided to cheat? How can anyone take strat seriously if its just gonna be wiped everytime someone tries to exploit/cheat. There is always gonna be something to exploit, especially with strat, wiping it every time something like this happens is not the answer, strat would never get anywhere.

lets rephrase this. Lets just wipe EU. NA rarely(if at all) cheats. Different mentalities i guess. NA it's all about battles and fun, EU all about that pixel crack.(though NA likes their pixel crack too)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 12:33:24 am »
+3
Well the fact that an effectively an entire NA clan was for a time banned seems to escape you Anders, granted they may not have been intentionally cheating but what they were doing is definitely ambiguous, and I'm sure looking back we could find other evidence of misbehaviour on both sides of the Atlantic...

Furthermore there have been wipes before and strat has continued, people didn't mass rage quit then why the hell would they now. 

Still i doubt there will be a wipe nor am i an advocate for one, i just think your point is invalid.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:53:39 am by Casimir »
Turtles

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 12:47:09 am »
+2

And by a few idiots you mean a quarter/third of EU, right? That is a bloody huge number. This is not 'someone' or even a clan, this is 'a chunk of an entire dominant alliance plus a bunch of random other people.'

NA rarely(if at all) cheats.
In the last two strats I can already think of three notable incidents *shrugs* NA cheats less often because they have less people.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:55:45 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 01:07:12 am »
+1
Well the fact that an effectively an entire NA clan was for a time banned seems to escape you Anders, granted they may not have been intentionally cheating but what they were doing is definitely ambiguous, and I'm sure looking back we could find other evidence of misbehaviour on both sides of the Atlantic...

Furthermore there have been wipes before and strat has continued, people didn't mass rage quit then why the hell would they now. 

Still i doubt there will be a wipe nor am i an advocate for one, i just think your point is invalid.

They have been unbanned and allowed back to strat in 1 week. Also, whole clan? 3 guys is surely a lot. Actually, I think they are around 6 but either way, small clan. If it's 2 guys in a clan, if both are banned(for any reason), whole clan is banned yes? Sounds more imposing than it is. Now STR...like 40 keys gone, that's entirely different.

@Tears: What Incident are you talking about, outside of Fallen?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 01:08:48 am »
+1
Well there is a certain NA clan that recently did some account-sharing, and another a while ago that duped gold in previous strat.

*shrugs*

Don't mind me, carry on *waves*
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 01:10:04 am »
+1
Evidence shows EURO have a greater percentage of cheaters in strat. I would say that goes back as far I have been playing strat. Pale all got banned sure.. 6 guys who were just moving another around. no big deal. Euro has had multiple ban waves for major cheating.. So I would say the eu seem to cheat more is appropriate... and add that they also do not learn from it.
Leader of BS

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 01:10:33 am »
Well there is a certain NA clan that recently did some account-sharing, and another a while ago that duped gold in previous strat.

*shrugs*

Don't mind me, carry on *waves*

Hosp didn't dupe gold if I understand what you are talking about. Please tell me who it was. Either name names or don't speak. I can accuse people all i want of cheating(Fallen Arab Oil anyone?), doesn't mean it's right.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 01:12:09 am »
But the Fallen Arab Oil Money was correct...  :|

I can accuse people all i want of cheating... doesn't mean it's right.
I agree.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 01:17:29 am »
+1
But the Fallen Arab Oil Money was correct...  :|

Right....
No, he is pretty much still batshit crazy about the money used as bribes. Classical made it very public with multiple posts even in the stickied donation thread that he was running out of money, so naturally we wanted to keep them financed as they ran smoothly. Pretty standard troll tactic of using a single shard of truth to create some warped fantasy. Now excuse me while I take a shower in $100 bills.

Also think this needs moved somewhere else If we going to continue.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 10:31:42 am »
Evidence shows EASTERN EURO have a greater percentage of cheaters in strat.

Just to make this correct and clear  :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tuonela

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuonela, Merc_Tuoni
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 05:30:01 pm »
+4
One may not gain benefits from criminal actions. All criminal actions are punishable too. They got banned, they got punished. Their side still has benefited from criminal actions. This isn't fair for those who has spend a lot of time organizing their clans for strategus. Those clans/persons who has troops/gold/equipment from the banned players/clans should have them reduced or removed.

Offline Herr_Thomas

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wolfgang
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 12:44:28 pm »
Ban.

Oh, and style matters way more than anything else regarding armor.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 01:16:09 pm »
+2
.... Now STR...like 40 keys gone, that's entirely different.

Not really, cause they had about 5 players.
I don't know enough

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 06:49:26 am »
I quess the only way to keep richboycheaters away from the game is admins lurking in their TS or something or getting some inside info of the clans activity from the INSIDE from acctual people who do give a shit.

I quess its purely right to call an entire clan a cheater if they got like 3 multiaccounters. Cause its more then certian most of the members and definately the leaders are fully aware of this, if it did occur. Or atleast they should give their suspicions to the admins for them to check it.

One of my suggestions whould be to not let less than a month old Crpg accounts in Strategus. I mean this one could really work. A acctual fresh member first learns the mechanics of mod before he goes in the full Strat shitstorm anyway. Yea they could still join Strat after 1 month, but atleast  Sir Moneybags whould have missed alot of action by that time until he returns to his gameruining deeds.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:16:05 am by TiberiusX »