Author Topic: Level restriction on Defend the virgin! (20+ onward instead of 1+)  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: Level restriction on Defend the virgin! (20+ onward instead of 1+)
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 08:14:16 pm »
+5
low levels cant contribute on battle or siege much either and add another person to your team lets just ban them from the game so new players can never ruin this mod again?!

always knew the problem with cRPG was too many new players enjoying it
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 08:25:25 pm »
+2
low levels cant contribute on battle or siege much either and add another person to your team lets just ban them from the game so new players can never ruin this mod again?!

On battle and siege both sides get newbs so its not taht much of a problem. On dtv its your team that gets useless players, where the enemy gets more of the same skilled bots.

I totally agree though, new players prevent the mod from dying, give them some love and fun...

Also: there is a difference between lower then level 20 and peasants. I bet over half the peasants you see in dtv are higher then level 20. At level 6 you can wear good armor to play with, its all about the attitude (contribute or leech) has little to do with level.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aku_Ankka

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aku_Ankka, Minni_Hiiri, Roope_Ankka, Hessu_Hopo
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 08:34:55 pm »

In siege and battle you harras them. When your teammate is fighting against someone, just stay behind him and keep thrusting the enemy with scytche... If he doesn't block, he gets that mini stun thingy, if he does block, then your teammate gets a free chance to end him. :P

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 12:10:58 am »
This suggestion is great and I'm sure it can be done, just like EU_5 has a level cap too.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 11:41:28 am »

nobody talks about banning, in siege and battle there is some kind of team balance and in these modes everybody LOVES low lvls cuz they are easy points (easymode spawnrape). But in DTV it is PVE and the low lvls simply cannot help beyond nomads. Maybe just implement a minimum lvl of 10 or so which means that they have at least some strength or agility to be able to help the team.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 03:06:42 pm »
Minimum level of 20 would be perfect, since people could get to 20 in EU_5 quite fast.

Mammonist

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 07:57:48 am »
+1
It's not about levels, there are players below level 20 that do more than level 30 players. Moreover, there are players above level 20 that suck harder than the average level 15 player. You only really feel the level disadvantage at level 10 and lower or so.

Offline Death_Dealer

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • to Shish your enemies, see them Kebabed before you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Shishkebab, Ronaldinho, Colossus, Death_Dealer, Brunhild, Whorecraft, Fahishe, Altair
  • IRC nick: Shishkebab
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 02:43:41 pm »
when i played dtv as low lvl alone i got only bosses of each round (Weren,Varric etc.) so dont thnk they effect too much.

edit: in fact high leveled bad players will bring more bots that they wont be able to kill and it will make it even harder.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:46:59 pm by Death_Dealer »

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 09:01:55 pm »
Then cap it depending on the generation. For example, only players of minimum generation 4 can play DTV.