Author Topic: NA Siege is Dying  (Read 10550 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: NA Siege is Dying
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2012, 07:28:58 pm »
+1
Come on, anything under a total of 70 body armor is light armor.

This is honestly true. When I first started, NA had an average value of about 50 counting looms when you looked at people, but now it really is close to 70 when you look at all the +3 crap people wear.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2012, 07:45:46 pm »
It even happened to me. When I first started, my Heraldic Surcoat was considered heavy armor, but I eventually upgraded to Transitional Armor as my standard armor. I've only stopped wearing it because I want to make gold faster. Even in my Transitional, I only come to 68 body armor. I'd be in the 70s if I had higher rated gloves than Red Wisby, but such is the price for fashion.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2012, 07:57:30 pm »
Siege has an inherent problem when banner stacking isnt limited, a problem that battle does not have. 

Every siege map is some sort of castle or stronghold with rather obvious defensive flaws left in it on purpose by the designer so as to balance it for offense and defense.   This is usually designed to be balanced if the server has an average population going, and if there are a somewhat equal number of organized players (or lack thereof) on either side. 

If that balance gets thrown off too far - either by too high or especially too low a population, OR by one side being comprised of a large % of members from the SAME CLAN, and the other side having only scattered amounts of clan members from this or that clan (but not all organized together) and mostly "randoms" - the result is rather bad when it comes to siege, and results will be widely one sided. 

I still think siege could use a lower banner balance limit (is there one at all currently?) than battle...

** As for KUTT - I'll be the first to admit you guys are not all STR/armor builds anymore, but most people refer to a time when you largely were.  For me, it was always more the overwhelming numbers than anything else.  Again, more of a fundamental issue with banner balance than with you guys. 
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2012, 08:08:55 pm »
+1

This is honestly true. When I first started, NA had an average value of about 50 counting looms when you looked at people, but now it really is close to 70 when you look at all the +3 crap people wear.

Keep in mind that even though a lot of players have +3 armor now, it has become impossible to achieve 70 body armor without heirlooms since Black Armor was removed.

Besides, I doubt that the average player has +3 Transitional and +3 Hourglass Gauntlets, which comes out to exactly 70 body armor.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2012, 08:49:35 pm »
Its more HP + armor than it is just armor that makes someone take 50,000 hits...

The issue is mostly people in medium-heavy loomed armor with 75+ HP (and some have upwards of 90) that makes them take so many hits. 
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2012, 10:06:27 pm »
Dumbass please name 5 KUTT members who run actual STR builds and wear 60+ armor and I'll give you 500K crpg gold no joke

Also KUTT hasn't even been playing actively on seige the past few days, no more than maybe 4 of us on there at a time for no more than a hour or two.

Seige sucks because there was a new map rotation submitted and said by the devs to be implemented then never was. So great play once again by the devs. Something so simple to fix was once again just ignored and put on the back burner
ARTIEthestrongestmanINTHEWORLD
Para
Tanken
Tretter
TurmoilTom
Wolfgang

Those are just the ones I'm SURE have a strength build.
I could use the money.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:22:04 pm by Froto_the_Loc »
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2012, 10:12:39 pm »
+1
Its more HP + armor than it is just armor that makes someone take 50,000 hits...

The issue is mostly people in medium-heavy loomed armor with 75+ HP (and some have upwards of 90) that makes them take so many hits.
Unfortunately, even a balanced 21/18 build with max IF (70 HP) will take a silly number of hits to kill with 70 armor.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2012, 10:16:07 pm »
Para
Tanken
Tretter
TurmoilTom
Wolfgang

I could use the money.

I haven't had over 21 strength in 4 gens.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2012, 10:20:51 pm »
+4
85% of the maps on the official servers are terrible. Shitty village maps and shitty castle maps.
You think with the mod being out this long they would have a standard map rotation that the majority populace agreed upon.

It's like they just don't give a fuck about maps. Not everyone will like every map, but this mod literally has the worst map rotation of any game in history.
It's like they throw in village maps and say fuck it. Which is utterly terrible.

Community_1 literally has better maps that are updated the same as the official server maps. Thing is, Airith, who owns the server; doesn't even play this game, but still pays for it and still updates it when people ask me and I or someone else can get a hold of him, which is relatively frequent.

Now I'm not shitting on the devs or anything. I know they do an awful lot of work, but put someone or a group of people that actually play the game in charge of the map rotation and let them handle it. These. Maps. Suck.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2012, 11:28:36 pm »
+5
As far as armor values go...

...if it takes more than 2 hits to kill you, you're armor crutching.

The game is 1000 times better when you and the people around you die in 1-2 mistakes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2012, 11:48:19 pm »
+1
That 1-2 figure though goes out the window when you consider the "AGIwhores" attacking people with 4-5PS, or the "STRcrutchers" smashing people with 9-13.

We are bound to see massive deviations given the range of possible damage values vs the range of possible armor values. Even in native it usually takes about two to three strikes.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2012, 11:51:57 pm »
That 1-2 figure though goes out the window when you consider the "AGIwhores" attacking people with 4-5PS, or the "STRcrutchers" smashing people with 9-13.

We are bound to see massive deviations given the range of possible damage values vs the range of possible armor values. Even in native it usually takes about two to three strikes.

Not on the duel servers...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2012, 11:52:39 pm »
+1
Not on the duel servers...

Duel != Battle or Siege
Separate worlds that require radically different builds. Prime example is Cav, which are marvelous in battle and near-worthless in duel, or the fact that all the top native duel players are two-handed heroes.

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2012, 12:00:19 am »
Para
Tanken
Tretter
TurmoilTom
Wolfgang

I could use the money.

I would give you the money if these were actual str builds.

Only person listed there that specs high str is Tretter.

Everyone else on there is currently specced 21 str or less and only Para/Tretter are currently using anything close to heavy armor on that list
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:11:39 am by Adrian »

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2012, 12:11:04 am »
Some MB are str builds, but no where near the amount of KUTT, I can count maybe 5 to 7 in MB that are full str.

Only people specced over 21 Str in KUTT are as follows:

1.)Tretter Who is of course full Str and crutches full plate normally

2.)Negga Who is specced high str and wears a kuyak and black gloves

3.)Artie Who is a pure thrower who typically wears NO ARMOR at all unless you consider a straw hat heavy armor...

I dont see how these 3 people would label a clan as STR crutches

MB I see running around with what I believe to be more balanced builds like 24-15. However, I see like 50% of your clan crutching transitional majority of the time with 2h swords. Combine that with a reasonably high Str build like 24-15 and you have a far worse 2h hero to fight against than a full str build who has no mobility or speed and just tanks hits.

Not hating or anything because MB is the only clan that actually goes back and forth with us in siege which makes it more fun, but I think you misevaluated your clan