Author Topic: NA Siege is Dying  (Read 10546 times)

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
Re: NA Siege is Dying
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2012, 10:59:45 pm »
+1
The last thing battle needs is more village maps.

Also, If I remember correctly, NA1 used to have all the strategus villages in the rotation but were taken off some time back.

I loved it when NA1 had all the village maps.  It added so much variety.  I get kind of sick of the maps currently in rotation and whenever we get a random plains some admin just changes it back to one of the maps we are always playing. 

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2012, 11:09:12 pm »
+1
NA Siege has been ruined by clans min/max specializing their builds to it. Both MB and KUTT run 10-20 guys in str builds and 60+ armour.

Just dumb, can't compete against someone with twice your armor, can't kill them fast enough to overcome choke/flag camp or massed push.

Battle still balanced, STR builds/armor definitely do not rule when there's room to maneuver and no 3 feet wide chokes or flags but siege is now a joke balance wise.

Dumbass please name 5 KUTT members who run actual STR builds and wear 60+ armor and I'll give you 500K crpg gold no joke

Also KUTT hasn't even been playing actively on seige the past few days, no more than maybe 4 of us on there at a time for no more than a hour or two.

Seige sucks because there was a new map rotation submitted and said by the devs to be implemented then never was. So great play once again by the devs. Something so simple to fix was once again just ignored and put on the back burner
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:13:09 pm by Adrian »

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2012, 11:46:04 pm »
+2
SIege has bad maps

that's why
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2012, 11:52:57 pm »
+8
So from what I got after reading this thread is that we need to ban NA.
nah that i should be in the old black armor with a bec. Sounds like everyone wants that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2012, 11:53:26 pm »
+1
Dumbass please name 5 KUTT members who run actual STR builds and wear 60+ armor and I'll give you 500K crpg gold no joke

Also KUTT hasn't even been playing actively on seige the past few days, no more than maybe 4 of us on there at a time for no more than a hour or two.

Seige sucks because there was a new map rotation submitted and said by the devs to be implemented then never was. So great play once again by the devs. Something so simple to fix was once again just ignored and put on the back burner

Tretter

He counts as atleast 5 str builds. Putting stones on the market for 500k right now.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2012, 11:56:40 pm »
+2
nah that i should be in the old black armor with a bec. Sounds like everyone wants that.

It definately is.  I miss the old "Goretooth hunting parties" where our archer squads would try and see how quickly we could take down the beast.  (and make bets on how many arrows it would take)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2012, 11:58:36 pm »
It was a rite of initiation that new members had to go Goretooth hunting. Many laughs were had while seeing people slaughtered by that bec trying to do so, or see so many arrows sticking out of a solid-red Goretooth that was still standing and hacking away.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2012, 12:01:18 am »
+1
I loved it when NA1 had all the village maps.  It added so much variety.  I get kind of sick of the maps currently in rotation and whenever we get a random plains some admin just changes it back to one of the maps we are always playing.

Nothing says variety like countless village on a hill/village in a bowl maps.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 01:32:00 am by oprah_winfrey »

Offline Ragnar_Ulfson

• Count
  • Renown: 185
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulfson
  • IRC nick: Ulfson
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2012, 03:39:17 am »
NA Siege has been ruined by clans min/max specializing their builds to it. Both MB and KUTT run 10-20 guys in str builds and 60+ armour.

Just dumb, can't compete against someone with twice your armor, can't kill them fast enough to overcome choke/flag camp or massed push.

Battle still balanced, STR builds/armor definitely do not rule when there's room to maneuver and no 3 feet wide chokes or flags but siege is now a joke balance wise.

Some MB are str builds, but no where near the amount of KUTT, I can count maybe 5 to 7 in MB that are full str.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2012, 03:40:06 am »
Some MB are str builds, but no where near the amount of KUTT, I can count maybe 5 to 7 in MB that are full str.

That's around the same, if not more than KUTT has.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2012, 06:08:59 am »
+1
NA siege is not dying, there are many people like me that only play NA Siege and nothing else. 

I personally can't stand battle, dying in the beginning of the round and then waiting 3 min to respawn makes me cry, I have no idea why anyone would willingly play battle when it includes so much down time.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2012, 02:11:03 pm »
+4

Idgaf what builds people use, it's just that KUTT/MB's average armor level is pretty high (Heraldic Mail up to Light Kuyak or Transitional), even if it is brought down by a few people in Lamellar or Fur Coats.

I swear I haven't seen Negga wear anything other than his Heavy Light Kuyak/Black Gloves combo for months, which if heirloomed is 51 body armor. THIS isn't terrible in itself, until you consider the fact that he's going to be team-balanced based on banner instead of any reasonable and equitable variable, which can lead to some really unbalanced teams, which frankly isn't fun for anybody. So if MB or KUTT are all wearing heavy (40+ body armor; yes, that is a high value, yes, that includes gloves) and are balanced on the same team they're at a serious advantage regardless of builds involved.

The easy answer, one that I've been lobbying for for month after month now in all modes, is changing away from a system of banner balance into something based on more concrete values like loadout cost, stat allocation, and performance.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:31:34 pm by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2012, 02:59:16 pm »
The old map rotation (classic native maps) was awesome, then most of them were removed from the rotation due to ladder abuse. Now that ladders are removed, these maps should be added back in. Most of the current maps involve attackers walking up a hill for 30 seconds followed by beating on a door. Dull.

Also, when a clan shows up and focuses on objectives, they roll the server for hours on end, and everyone rage quits. Lately, that's either MB or KUTT. In the rare event that they both show up en masse, the brilliant autobalance system puts them on the same team half the time. When it's either all randoms or two big clans on opposite teams, siege is a total blast.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:41:29 pm by Phew »

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2012, 03:29:55 pm »
Idgaf what builds people use, it's just that KUTT/MB's average armor level is pretty high (Heraldic Mail up to Light Kuyak or Transitional), even if it is brought down by a few people in Lamellar or Fur Coats.

I swear I haven't seen Negga wear anything other than his Heavy Kuyak/Black Gloves combo for months, which if heirloomed is 51 body armor. THIS isn't terrible in itself, until you consider the fact that he's going to be team-balanced based on banner instead of any reasonable and equitable variable, which can lead to some really unbalanced teams, which frankly isn't fun for anybody. So if MB or KUTT are all wearing heavy (40+ body armor; yes, that is a high value, yes, that includes gloves) and are balanced on the same team they're at a serious advantage regardless of builds involved.

The easy answer, one that I've been lobbying for for month after month now in all modes, is changing away from a system of banner balance into something based on more concrete values like loadout cost, stat allocation, and performance.

Its even worse then you think Mala, Loomed heavy kuyak and heavy gauntlets is 64 body armor. Maybe it is just me, but I would say the average body armor has gone up over my time playing this game. I consider my haubergeon to be medium armor, but now I hear people calling it light armor, and medium armor being heavy kuyak-pronoia armor. To me this is crazy, but maybe it has to do with the nerfs to lordly body armor.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2012, 06:40:04 pm »
+2
Come on, anything under a total of 70 body armor is light armor.