Author Topic: NA Siege is Dying  (Read 11161 times)

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: NA Siege is Dying
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 12:20:46 pm »
+7
I'll never forget the day that I was raging at all of you because we had like 10 people on and no one above 21 strength to break a fucking door.  Then for like 2 hours we had like 50 people accuse us of strength crutching. 

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 01:16:40 pm »
+2
NA Siege has been ruined by clans min/max specializing their builds to it. ....
I don't quite see it that way. On EU we have 2 clans which at times have the most players on siege, HRE and Grey Order. While it is at times unsettling to get against an organized crowed, still i wouldn't like it any other way, as the challenge is then bigger and when the pub nevertheless wins, it is the more satisfying.

Even if you have only 2 chokepoints on a map where all the time 2-5 chrushthrough are standing, it is in the most cases still doable if attackers group up, shielders first pushing taking hits, other inf following and the ranged trying not to block ladders, then you can keep constant pressure and people can slip through do damage and ware them down. But only 2 chokepoints/entrances is in the most cases just a pain in the a...
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 11:25:44 pm »
It's nearly 5:30 in Locia. There should be like 30 people on!
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 01:57:51 am »
+5
NA Siege has been shit for a while because of the maps. The vast majority are terrible and the rotation never gets changed. No one who has the ability to do anything actually gives a shit it seems.

As far as people blaming clans like Kutt, really you should be blaming the multi system. A team that is well-organized (i.e. a bunch of people in the same teamspeak) are going to win more often just through good teamwork. When people lose a lot they're stuck with a x1, which makes them mad and they quit.

Personally, I couldn't give a shit whether I win or lose. I just want fun maps to run around in for the small amount of time I actually get to play this game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 02:06:32 am »
+3
I'll never forget the day that I was raging at all of you because we had like 10 people on and no one above 21 strength to break a fucking door.  Then for like 2 hours we had like 50 people accuse us of strength crutching.

And that is why I love my siege character, 12PS with a 48 cut axe. Door? What door. Psh psh psh...

I think the main issue is indeed the maps, as some of them are a bit too boring. We need the community to post more often of what exact maps they dislike, and hopefully have some people start making custom maps that seem more alive. Too many bare-bone maps with just two choices to flag.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:10:53 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 02:57:32 am »

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 03:29:58 am »
I've always wondered how much donation is actually put back into readily improving this mod, I'd happily throw money at the developers for providing an enjoyable ftp mod, but then topics like this and bug-fix/equip-fixes go on and little is noticeably done.

I do like how they're proposing inquiries on what we want/like to see but as I said above to little too often, I can't say I can provide any developmental support besides my input and money.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 04:22:43 am »
+1
siege isn't worth keeping alive. Let it die.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 05:00:00 am »
+2

Battle is where the big boys play.  Siege has always been imbalanced, battle has always been a lot more "even".  Even meaning, either side has just a good a chance of winning as the other, no massive terrain advantage, etc.  In siege, one side always has a massive advantage. 

IMO, you should have battle and siege servers together on one game mode.  Open field battles (maps without buildings) and sieges (basically the same types of villages, castles and cities we see in strategus, and maybe some of the other battle server maps that are played on the battle server, but should really be siege maps).

A conquest game type would be what most people would suggest, I do believe.  I personally would rather see a strategus type gameplay brought to the public servers.  Maybe have like 15-30 minute rounds for sieges or battles with 500 tickets on each side.  Something like that maybe?

Havoc prefers the company of men.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:12:47 am by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 07:04:21 am »
+1

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 07:42:15 am »

(click to show/hide)
Then there's a slew of alts like that Robot gimmick guy or whatever. Some might not be rolling str now (21 or more str).

I think siege is pretty easy myself. Sometimes I enjoy it there, but I've barely even been on there the last 5 months now.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 08:04:05 am »
better newer games  :twisted: that cost too much on release.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 08:18:26 am »
Wait, what?  I made a name for myself as a strength user?  I've used something different almost every gen I've ever done.  I mixed my pikeman build up regularly.  Really, the things this community comes up with.

Offline jasonjay543

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: xX
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2012, 02:56:12 pm »
+1
Are you surprised? cRPG is starting to show its age. Battle has always been much more populated than siege and, if you ask me, siege is alot more fun with 20-50 people. (P.S. bring back ladders to siege)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2012, 04:34:54 pm »
Wait, what?  I made a name for myself as a strength user?  I've used something different almost every gen I've ever done.  I mixed my pikeman build up regularly.  Really, the things this community comes up with.

It doesn't matter if you aren't always a strength build, when I think of you (and I would say that most people would agree), I think strength build pikeman in plate armor or plated charger bump cav in plate.

Also, I have seen para playing lately, but prior to retiring at level 33, wasn't he a str shielder in full plate with a plate shield and a crossbow?