Author Topic: upkeep unnecessary  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: upkeep unnecessary
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 09:25:38 am »
Upkeep is a very fine thing. Without it we would have "the ages of tincans" back after 1 week -.-

But some upkeep could need a slight change (bodkin arrows for example :/  they break 8-9 times out of ten -.- )

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 10:03:17 am »
wtfnecro?  :shock:
guys really, look at the date.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 11:06:22 am »
But some upkeep could need a slight change (bodkin arrows for example :/  they break 8-9 times out of ten -.- )

Thats the price of gettin a ranged bec de corbin with 122343240 range on your machine gun bows....  infact its a small price to play to get such an insane dmg bonus....  :|
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 11:09:59 am »
+1
i really think upkeep is unnecessary and is more of a burden for players then anything. why would u add something to make things harder for people.

upkeep adds unbalance to builds because some builds require more upkeep then others. builds should not be balance by what u can buy and support but should be by stats and skills.

it would be much more fairer(and funner) if we all just got less money and didnt have to worry about upkeep and not being able to use our items again for while.

no one wants to lvl to max lvl just to not be able to use full gear all the time thats not fun and means u are always grinding even at max lvl.

So you would prefer people like me who has over 1 million gold to go raping your sorry peasant butt with plated charger, full plate and best fucking armor in tha' game + weps to rape your sorry as every round?! I know repair is a burden but c'mon better to have that than having 20 plated chargers running around...   8-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Patricklus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotL
  • Game nicks: Patricklus_OotL
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 02:41:43 am »
im with the original post i would gladly prefer it if we all hadd plate an no upkeep than 6 guys with +3 everything  and owning siege/battle cause atleast then it WOULD be fair and would not take 2-3 months too make a few hundred k  gold and lose it all in a week wearing full plate. or you could nerf plate too be uber slow like they should be

Weight nerf have been already done, but one more time it impact more heavier armor, it's the same...
Upkeep is good cos it force to wear lighter armor but also cheaper weapon(so less damage) and with archer cut nerf you don't need to wear uber armor to be protected.
blondie your out of your head if you think they nerfed weight on plate 5 athletics with lamellar armor straw hat rus boots an leather gloves and many plates are just as fast as me. i may have not understood your post though. that being said i miss the old crpg where it was you had to be in the thick ofthe battle too make gold and you got more if you killed more.

Offline whitepaladin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • holy king of the order
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Griffin
  • Game nicks: King brandis,Paladin Brandis
  • IRC nick: Brandis
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 12:49:34 am »
my idea was tincan vs tincan peasant vs peasant normal vs normal just like that so the game can please everyone
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:51:58 am by whitepaladin »

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 01:18:49 am »
Upkeep is totally fine and I don't think it will never be taken out of the game.

It was a very nice idea and it still is. Do you guys think that swords or armours were cheap in medieval times? Do you think every fucking soldier was running around in full plate? My goodness this makes the game more realistic, fair and also varied.

Stop whining every week just because you have no plated armour atm or maybe because you can't afford the money to wear it 24/7  :rolleyes:

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 07:03:42 am »
my idea was tincan vs tincan peasant vs peasant normal vs normal just like that so the game can please everyone

Why did you revive a nine month old thread?  Make a new thread for an idea as substantive as creating three new servers and doing away with the upkeep system.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 08:57:11 am »

Double necro, same thread. Nice.

Offline whitepaladin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • holy king of the order
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Griffin
  • Game nicks: King brandis,Paladin Brandis
  • IRC nick: Brandis
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 11:08:19 pm »
yes but this game is for fun not realism or anything like that,thats why I introduce a system that pleases everyone

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 11:34:23 pm »
yes but this game is for fun not realism or anything like that,thats why I introduce a system that pleases everyone

...michael?

Make a new thread and outline your idea in full.  You won't get much traction with a double-dead thread and piecemeal posts.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 01:41:45 pm »

No, no upkeep will only make it fun for tincans. Your system does certainly not please everyone.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 02:40:56 pm »
No thanks... I don't want everyone riding around on a plated charger with black armor, because of no repairs. It's good the way it is.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sawbone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 02:43:24 pm »
+1
Better balance = upkeep is superfluous

Why can a guy with full Plate Mail jump? Or a plated charger? Or a guy in Full plate on Plate charger jumping over you head? Why does the plate guy not take much more time to get up when falling on his back than the peasant in cloth? Why do plate not slow attack speed?

Play with the mechanics, don't add grind that lifeless players negates anyway because they're loaded with gold. An army of tin cans should be an army of turtles: not viable and easy targets - even if they can take a huge beating.

People used plate to survive battles, not to kick more ass jumping head first in the opposing army.

There's many good ideas in this mod - upkeep ain't one of them. I personally like style over stats anyways, so you'll never see me in that horrible black armor ;)

Cheers,

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 02:50:33 pm »
You don't really need to grind to overcome upkeep. Just use cheaper gear.