Author Topic: Ban Guard_Whale_Tosser  (Read 826 times)

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
Ban Guard_Whale_Tosser
« on: April 20, 2011, 12:34:08 am »
After losing several rounds in a row to a group of archers, this player let everyone on his team know that he will be droping invinsible shields the next round.
(click to show/hide)

I dont know if this should be under bugs also, that shield took a beating from kasper's throwing lances and a 2h tears sword for a while.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
Re: Ban Guard_Whale_Tosser
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:55:27 am »
It's a bug. I'm not going to tell "how" of course, because that would lead to another epidemic of cheaters. But anywho, it gives your shield lots and lots of health. I used it for one round to test its capabilities (On a server with 8 people) and asked if anyone wanted one. Then "sir justice" here thought a permaban was in order. And no, I didn't take it out because there was a naked guy spamming throwing lances. I took it out so I could test if it even worked. For one round.

I stopped, if that helps at all.
Geese. It's a stronger shield. It's not like I'm hacking the server.  :?
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:12:27 am »
Nothing against you bro, I figured it out 2 months ago, its bannable and I think that everyone needs to know not to use it, and its not just the tourney shields, When c-rpg first was up with the upkeep shit arrows did that too, like 3000 damage or some shit.

I hope this scare tactic worked and you wont be seeing whale tosser using them again.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 03:28:19 am »
Using Dented shields by mistake is something,

Using that glitch , and make other people use that glitch to gain advantage in battle is obviously illegal.

If I ever see you do that myself, knowing that you're aware of that bug, it's perm ban right away...

For now knowing you did it, and I wasn't there , it isn't to me to decide if it worth a ban right now, I let Nindurr decide that. But be warned that I better not see you doing it on any NA server. Understood ?

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 06:42:13 am »
Well it was a test. I saw a youtube video with a guy with some fucking awesome glitched shield and I wanted to see if it was fake.
It wasn't fake (obviously)
I hope I didn't frustrate any players out of their minds by using a seemingly unbreakable shield for one round in a server with 8 people.
Cough. Huscarl. Cough.

PS: Could you people please refrain from posting on public boards how to use this exploit? As I said before, we don't want another glitch for hundreds of players to use (and subsequently be banned for) which will result in forum-wide rage.

And Kryser, I wouldn't be talking. You exploited this glitch for weeks before you
were finally reprimanded.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:43:43 am by Whalen207 »
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 06:44:48 am »
Well it was a test. I saw a youtube video with a guy with some fucking awesome glitched shield and I wanted to see if it was fake.
It wasn't fake (obviously)
I hope I didn't frustrate any players out of their minds by using a seemingly unbreakable shield for one round in a server with 8 people.
Cough. Huscarl. Cough.

PS: Could you people please refrain from posting on public boards how to use this exploit? As I said before, we don't want another glitch for hundreds of players to use (and subsequently be banned for) which will result in forum-wide rage.

And Kryser, I wouldn't be talking. You exploited this glitch for weeks before you
were finally reprimanded.
saying u saw it on youtube just made it op  :| and as a thrower and bowmen u made my build suck more then it did befor

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 07:40:22 am »
It is already listed in the bug section , and I didn't tell how to make it invincible. I know a few people in NA who have those shields, and I didn't have admin before but now that I do, they know if they use when I'm around it's instant perm ban , and I just wanted to make sure you knew that if you use them again on NA server, it's perm ban. Luckily for you, it's not like multiboxing; you can't get your cd key banned for that, but still, not being able to play on NA would suck, so I strongly recommand you "fix" your shields (*wink*) and don't try it again :)

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 04:24:54 pm »
You will not be banned for this offence. If you are ever caught using known glitches again, regardless if you claim you were "testing" you will be removed from all the NA servers and I will pursue you to the EU servers.

As a further note, any player ever caught using this shield bug will be banned and you will stay banned as long as I am around. Ignorance is not a defense. Educate yourselves, if something doesn't seem right, chances are it's not.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 06:22:00 pm »
Nindur is right, if you use a bug on any of the NA servers, not only will you be perma banned, you will be reported to the eu servers.

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 11:51:07 pm »
Okay, verdict administered. Close this topic before anyone gets any ideas.