Poll

Which european nation has the greatest history and was the most powerful?

Great Britain
France
Italy
Spain
Greece
Germany
Denmark
Ireland
Portugal
Austria
Russia
Other...
Christmas Island :)

Author Topic: Who is really the greatest european nation?  (Read 50445 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Re: Who is really the greatest european nation?
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2012, 12:19:01 pm »
+2
England!
No big downswings compared to the others, almost always on the top, at their best top world power for centuries, great history, culture...
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 12:58:40 pm »
Sooo... It's UK vs Germany!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 03:46:35 pm »
+3
Sooo... It's UK vs Germany!

I say Germany is the best fuckin country in the world.

(click to show/hide)

Open Spoiler after you replied.

"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 08:12:34 pm »
ISRAEL,

cuz jews = money = power = influence = controll = everything = Israel is everything and is also europe means ISRAEL won !

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2012, 01:46:31 pm »
Israel = Money ? Look toward Saudi Arabia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2012, 02:22:21 pm »
+4
well holy crap,  I almost predicted that nobel prize incoming on page one, ha!

on a side note: 

first:  this thread is about history,  not status quo,
second:  germany  only rose from the ashes of wwII successfully because of US interessts

third:  all of europe is  and was a clusterfuck of nations.  a great book about german history from BEFORE the wars,  "die geschichte der deutschen",  describes wonderful how germany always was a melting pot of ethnic and cultural groups,  eastern germans being more related to their slawic neighbros than to western germans with francophone relations.  not to mention the north south descripency.

thats also what made germany a candidate for being THE neutral and balancing power in the heart of europe,  helping overcome the eastern powerblocks differences with the western ones and vice versa during imperialism.  sadly,  it never came to this because of prussio-austrian differences,  and not only in sexual orientation but also penis size for that matter. 
 Ignoring the last scentence,  lets move on:  EVERY SINGLE EUROPEAN country had great moments of acedemic,  political,  social and military enlightment,  not one is better than the other or worse,  because they are not to be compared. 
Because,  if it comes down to the individual,  it is neither one mans success,  nor identification,  on which side of a border he was born,  or decided to live,  or fled to.
the only thing man kind may say is:  we are all one,  and we must all strive for the better of each and everyone one!
anyone of different opinion will be circumcised to death.

ah, so much more to say,  so many facettes to this.  but in the end,  it really comes to this:  evolving humanity must overcome national thinking.

accept during hobby racism,  ofc.   
cause thats funny.

Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2012, 12:27:52 am »
+3
Switzerland, always been there laughing there asses off at the silly wars people have been having around them for 500 years. Having democracy for ages, ranked 6th in the GDP per capita ranking. They are rated as the most innovative European country and have the most competitive economy, while still having relatively low income disparity. It is rated as the second country for quality of like. It's one of the most respected countries in the international scene often mediating between others and a clear advocate for human rights. They also have a completely CO2 free energy production system.

Most importantly it does not have a history of exploiting colonies, slavery or imperialism, which some of you seem to value very highly. Dickwaving does not make a country great.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2012, 12:36:13 am »
+5
Switzerland
(click to show/hide)

and was the last country in the civilized world to allow women to vote (1990 in the kanton Appenzell).  dont get me wrong,  its a good country.  just not better.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2012, 02:13:15 pm »
i know my answer isnt serious aswell butthe question was a bout the most strongest country (in terms of military ) culture, and all the other stufff... u might like switzerland (which btw has made a lot of crimes about money banking blabla so its not as brilliant as u want to to see it

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2012, 02:19:56 pm »
There is only one way to find out...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2012, 02:45:04 pm »
+3
Switzerland, always been there laughing there asses off at the silly wars people have been having around them for 500 years. Having democracy for ages, ranked 6th in the GDP per capita ranking. They are rated as the most innovative European country and have the most competitive economy, while still having relatively low income disparity. It is rated as the second country for quality of like. It's one of the most respected countries in the international scene often mediating between others and a clear advocate for human rights. They also have a completely CO2 free energy production system.

Most importantly it does not have a history of exploiting colonies, slavery or imperialism, which some of you seem to value very highly. Dickwaving does not make a country great.

the problem is if everybody would behave like switzerland in foreign politics (would always just try to profit), the world would be much different place. we'd all either speak german or russian. fuck switzerland i say and their selfish attitude.

i'm sure that if alliens would land on the earth killing all the humans, switzerland would be gladly lending them money and gold at good interest.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:54:37 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2012, 03:43:03 pm »
the problem is if everybody would behave like switzerland in foreign politics (would always just try to profit), the world would be much different place. we'd all either speak german or russian. fuck switzerland i say and their selfish attitude.

i'm sure that if alliens would land on the earth killing all the humans, switzerland would be gladly lending them money and gold at good interest.

Yeah and france would leave the planet... fuck your prejudice!
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2012, 03:46:44 pm »
+1

Lol, are you quoting this from the official swiss website for tourism? :D
Switzerland is a peasant state. The landscape is beautiful, but that's really the only positive thing about this pig-headed country. They have quite a history though...

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2012, 06:23:58 pm »
Yeah and france would leave the planet... fuck your prejudice!
its not prejudice, its history.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2012, 07:06:20 pm »
Switzerland, always been there laughing there asses off at the silly wars people have been having around them for 500 years. Having democracy for ages,

And, what is most important, giving women right to vote in 1974  :lol: