Author Topic: KITTIYA ... ... ... Big battle upcomming.  (Read 15480 times)

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
Re: KITTIYA ... ... ... Big battle upcomming.
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2012, 05:41:48 pm »
Yes Mercs are always honest, but truth hurts sometimes and we are sometimes misunderstood.

We took a 700 men army bought goods and tried to go to other city to sell it for 24 gold. We got attacked by Nords.
And then Victory. i went into Haen, but it had suddenly drooped all most 700 SD without traders there. Hmmmmm weird
i sold some stuff to and used up there SD in that fief. Then i suddenly update thir, and it went from 1300 to 700 then to 500 then to 300 and then 0 at the end.

So Nords really eight er buy up all the goods for 20 gold each or they buy sell in same fief getting a -10 gold a pice.
Eight er way i think that form of warfare is a bit dirty.  We at least was honest and didn't send 100 men false army and sell buy in same fief.

Told the fief owners yesterday evening to BUY (not sell)all the S&D up incase of a defeat. Didnt sell any of it yet, not gonna make much profit on the S&D in Haen thou :/
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2012, 05:59:27 pm »
+2
Told the fief owners yesterday evening to BUY (not sell)all the S&D up incase of a defeat. Didnt sell any of it yet, not gonna make much profit on the S&D in Haen thou :/
So you think that a enemy army buying low price and earning a lot of gold there is abusing.
But buying at high price fiefs to stop a enemy to sell his goods there is just wrong.
You will then loose gold, with my calculations over 30k used so about 10 to 15k lost. And this tactic is okey ?

i don't get it really. but thank you for helping me destroying your own economy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2012, 06:10:44 pm »
I'm pretty much nice guy  :lol:

Simple Jack (2009)Full Extended Trailer

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2012, 06:47:02 pm »
So you think that a enemy army buying low price and earning a lot of gold there is abusing.
But buying at high price fiefs to stop a enemy to sell his goods there is just wrong.
You will then loose gold, with my calculations over 30k used so about 10 to 15k lost. And this tactic is okey ?

i don't get it really. but thank you for helping me destroying your own economy.

Hmm? no your confused.... im going to use those goods on trade convoys, im not gonna sell them in there point of origin, that would be stupid I agree, its simply something we have allowed capital for in each fief too counter S&D terrorism. Sorry Ginger.

Edit: So if i sell the 24 gold goods for 300% trade bonus at 20 price, im still making money its just less. Total gold income per item is 60 Gold, so buying for 24 instead of 6 costs me a bit of profit, but means at least I can use the S&D in each fief instead of loosing it totally.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:50:03 pm by Andswaru »
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2012, 08:40:30 pm »
Hmm? no your confused.... im going to use those goods on trade convoys, im not gonna sell them in there point of origin, that would be stupid I agree, its simply something we have allowed capital for in each fief too counter S&D terrorism. Sorry Ginger.

Edit: So if i sell the 24 gold goods for 300% trade bonus at 20 price, im still making money its just less. Total gold income per item is 60 Gold, so buying for 24 instead of 6 costs me a bit of profit, but means at least I can use the S&D in each fief instead of loosing it totally.
Yeah sounds like your going to earn allot of gold with your trading. because buying for 20 gold is a really good thing :P
and about what 2000 x 20 there going to be transported a long way into grey lands for you to have profit, and get rid of some grey SD :D

If your in future do this then i just salute you and say good luck with it.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:58:39 pm by Gingerpussy »

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2012, 06:25:29 pm »
Seems the Nords got a headache about our Army up North, army and army well a trader then.
So they came with all the STR to try and get her, sadly they where outplayed and tomorrow the battles will show if we played it right or not.

So to early battles tomorrow guys:

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=582

Help the SoA here think it will be a good fight-

And

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=574

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2012, 06:20:56 am »
Help the SoA here think it will be a good fight-

And

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=574

Was promised this village free of conflicted since i arranged for a new eastern village :-). Lets see.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2012, 10:28:03 am »
+1
Yes you would have got it free of conflict, but then you delcared war on us, and attacked an SoA trade caravan, whom you were still in agreement with.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2012, 11:00:59 am »
+4
Was promised this village free of conflicted since i arranged for a new eastern village :-). Lets see.

Kingdom of the Nord
9 survivors
312 of 321 killed
commanded by
Nord_Jacko
Sovereignty of Aegis
218 survivors
232 of 450 killed
defending
Aldelen

Well dude you need all the help you can get

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 11:37:30 am »
+1

Lol yea you offered to trade it for sumbuja, and while micah was on the way to make the trade you declared war and attacked.  Furthermore we then had to secure sumbuja by our own means (we got it from torben).  I think its fair to say all deals are off there  :wink:

That said you are more than welcome to make another attempt to come and get it, looks like it was a good fight, very sorry that I couldnt make it.

Ty to all who fought for us  :D

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 12:30:57 pm »
+2
Regarding Aldelen/SoA/Nords.

Facts:
  • SoA was within Nord claims.
  • Nords could have wiped SoA easily in the beginning with little effort.
  • Nords let SoA keep Aldelen.
  • De Bitre takes two of SoA's former fiefs as part of the agreement.
  • Nords let SoA trade.
  • Nords organize a fief swap, Aldelen for Sumbuja. Hence SoA got a free fief instead of nothing. Plus nothing in Sumbuja had been used. SoA spammed the PP in at least 1 fief (two afaik) with lowering and raising the same feature to waste all points.
  • Nords attack Ismirala Castle at 18:00 GMT+2, attack is pushed to 03:00 GMT+2. Due to the nature of the night time abuse Nords clearly state that anyone signing against will be considered enemies (we'd never do it otherwise).
  • (click to show/hide)
  • SoA signs for Merc/Templar 3AM defence.
  • Nords organize nothing in terms of Sumbuja defence or otherwise. Andswaru even went to SoA's TS to tell them who to contact if there were any defences or issues with taking Sambuja. SoA never said anything.
  • Bandits (1 in the clan is a Nord outside Strat) attack SoA travellers in Nord lands. Nords support with roster (you sign against us we sign against you, fair enough. Obviously we had more than 3 sign-ups given it was regular hours and not 3am in the night.)
  • Nords offer to reimburse alleged SoA/Nord trade caravan for the full amount of its worth.
  • SoA defends Aldelen against friendly takeover.
We are fine with the defences though, we expected it (hence the -3 gear crap). Battles = XP. Just don't block primetime attacks and there won't be any sour smiles from us :wink:

The only thing anyone can put their finger on regarding Nords is the response to SoA signing against and obviously people will disagree. Everyone will always think they're in the right, that one specific incident where they believe they were wronged is enough to justify outrageous responses. As someone else wrote in another thread, surely plenty feel wronged and now they're on a holy mission with god given purpose behind. Hopefully that fact should remind people of simple human history.

We see our roster support as a fair response given we did announce it prior to the attack, and its a response we have only used ONCE ever in our clan's life, everyone else knows that we else have no issues with people signing against us, even friends, but as written above, given the nature of of abuse, yes we took offence, tit for tat. All fair in our opinion.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:34:13 am by Nessaj »
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 12:57:01 pm »
With regards to all that, first off I have no issues with the nords attacking adelen, it was expected since the outbreak of war, hence the fact that the defences there have been built up.  As you have said, the tit for tat stuff leads to both sides feeling justified in their actions whilst getting annoyed at the conduct of the other.  So its not worth it, at the end of the day, regardless of how we got here, we're at war so lets enjoy it :P

However I will reiterate that SoA took possession of Sumbuja by its own means, the village fell to Torben (we had no influence on that) and it was no longer for the Nords to offer to give away, so on those grounds it is reasonable to say the "deal" was off.  Also, the deal was proposed in peacetime, shortly afterwards war was declared and, as said by Gurni in the "annexation" thread (I dont know how to cross-topic quote  :oops:)

"Anyway, Cooties decided that SoA in our territory should be attacked on site, even though we mentioned the fact that they were promised to move through our land peacefully. That's what you get from a bad siege, a mad dictator wielding his whip mercilessly. :P"

So again, reasonable to assume any friendly deals are off at this time yes?  :P

Also, "claiming" a fief does not make it yours and whilst I will grant that we would have been hard pressed into to hold them I take a slight personal exception to the air of superiority that surrounds the way you talk of such things, lets keep it respectful, we are all just playing a game here after all  :D

Finally, if it was a friendly takeover then why'd you march straight up and besiege the place, rather than signalling your intentions/desires to us beforehand?  :P

Good luck in you future attacks  :)

EDIT : Also, I appear to have caused some confusion... The "alleged Nord/SoA caravan" you refer to was Micahs party, that was travelling through Nord lands to carry out the "trade" of the villages of Adelen and Sumbuja, not a goods trade.  My bad for not being clear on that point.  The reason I complained about that in the first place is that Micahs party would have been well clear of Nord lands if not for that proposal making him change his route and head deeper in.

The "bandits" who have one crpg Nord member.... to me at least, them attacking creates the image of Nords "releasing the hounds" for lack of a better phrase, sending others to do the work for them, and with that in mind, I've taken it to be basically a direct Nord attack, again different viewpoints across the battlefield I guess.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:06:37 pm by Crob28 »

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 01:01:24 pm »
+3
Let me add few facts that you are skipping over there
Regarding Aldelen/SoA/Nords.

Facts:
  • SoA was within Nord claims. Nord claims weren't annoucend until Ismirala sitaution, Mercs tried to help you about that as much as possible by speaking to our allies
  • Nords could have wiped SoA easily in the beginning with little effort. Nords have played safe, didn't attack anyone because it was easier to give a false impression and take stuff for free
    • Nords let SoA keep Aldelen. with what promise?
    • De Bitre takes two of SoA's former fiefs as part of the agreement. again with what promise?
    • Nords let SoA trade. ah right, giving two fiefs for trade agreement
    • Nords organize a fief swap, Aldelen for Sumbuja. Hence SoA got a free fief instead of nothing. Plus nothing in Sumbuja had been used. SoA spammed the PP in at least 1 fief (two afaik) with lowering and raising the same feature to waste all points. as Nords sent Ribes Krigere to Merc fiefs with the same goal
    • Nords attack Ismirala Castle at 18:00 GMT+2, attack is pushed to 03:00 GMT+2. Due to the nature of the night time abuse Nords clearly state that anyone signing against will be considered enemies (we'd never do it otherwise). Nords started an unprovoked attack on SOA allies, don't be so self righteous
    • (click to show/hide)
      And calling STR and Greys to help you when you can't handle Mercs alone is righteous? If you give false promises then attack someone unprovoked, expect the worse from your enemies. If you announce your claims 10 minutes before the attack to justify your act, I think you have to expect your enemy to mess with your mind a bit
    • SoA signs for Merc/Templar 3AM defence. After you broke all of your false promises yes it did happen
    • Nords organize nothing in terms of Sumbuja defence or otherwise. Andswaru even went to SoA's TS to tell them who to contact if there were any defences or issues with taking Sambuja. SoA never said anything. Because all of our Allies know your diplomacy, give false promises so there is nothing to talk anymore.
    • Bandits (1 in the clan is a Nord outside Strat) attack SoA travellers in Nord lands. Nords support with roster (you sign against us we sign against you, fair enough. Obviously we had more than 3 sign-ups given it was regular hours and not 3am in the night.) Get all the help you can get, SOA now has the full support of eastern block, you can get help and they cannot? ask more troops and funds from STR
    • Nords offer to reimburse alleged SoA/Nord trade caravan for the full amount of its worth. Nords can't be trusted, period
    • SoA defends Aldelen against friendly takeover.Friendly? There was nothing friendly about Nords since the start, we were friendly you chose to trick us

We are fine with the defences though, we expected it (hence the -3 gear crap). Battles = XP. Just don't block primetime attacks and there won't be any sour smiles from us :wink:
    We shall not play by your rules, this time is over now, we had a very open and rather friendly diplomacy to you, you chose the UIF way so be it, just keep attacking us with the stuff you borrowed from STR

The only thing anyone can put their finger on regarding Nords is the response to SoA signing against and obviously people will disagree. Everyone will always think they're in the right, that one specific incident where they believe they were wronged is enough to justify outrageous responses. As someone else wrote in another thread, surely plenty feel wronged and now they're on a holy mission with god given purpose behind. Hopefully that fact should remind people of simple human history.
    Exactly

We see our roster support as a fair response given we did announce it prior to the attack, and its a response we have only used ONCE ever in our clan's life, everyone else knows that we else have no issues with people signing against us, even friends, but as written above, given the nature of of abuse, yes we took offence, tit for tat. All fair in our opinion.
    Likewise. We shall support the people who we consider as people whom keept their promises instead of shady diplomacy
Could you also please write about how you took fiefs for free and broke every promise you gave by saying

We haven't agree to it we said we will discuss it within the clan

Also Ismirala was offered to Nords, you guys chose something silly like "I can give you 90 days of NAP for this castle"

I believe your arrogance was damaged when you attacked us and saw what happened, also your raid have failed and we could reinforce our army to catch the running army of Andswaru (which you had reinforcements from other clans) I promise you could never see them on Nord lands again. Just our naked army of horsemen did enough damage to your pride I believe. So you can say anything you want, but please leave your arrogance behind when you are doing it.

Cheers.[/list]

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 01:04:33 pm »
+3
We seem be to at war. Lets kill each other and get it over with. The survivors will decide how it goes into the books anyway.

17:00 today, i think both well equipped. This has epic battle written all over it again.

Have fun all.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 01:09:57 pm »
All diplomacy aside, I should have took more notice when attacking, early morning battles are horrible (it wasn't a cheese attempt, just a misstake on my part). I also noticed the attacker spawn was faulty, will hopefully be fixed before the next attack. Don't forget to report map issues!
Monkeys!