Author Topic: Protection after battle working as intended?  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Protection after battle working as intended?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 09:47:20 pm »
I don't know anything about aboozing this mechanism by UIF or anyone else. Black Tea in battle against us had roster full of UIF guys so for me they looks like UIF. About Wataga I thought they are friends with UIF but maybe I'm wrong, dunno. Ok, shit happens 8-)
Wataga attacks anyone and everyone. UIF is even more targeted by them (since UIF has more caravans, I believe to be the reason). Black Tea is completely neutral. Last time I talked with them they get mercs mainly by paying people and making deals for it. Like, they will set up a trade route and sell their goods in your fiefs, paying tax etc, if you help mercing for them in their battles. Dunno what they do now with the S&D, though...
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 05:26:25 pm »
Wataga attacks anyone and everyone. UIF is even more targeted by them (since UIF has more caravans, I believe to be the reason). Black Tea is completely neutral. Last time I talked with them they get mercs mainly by paying people and making deals for it. Like, they will set up a trade route and sell their goods in your fiefs, paying tax etc, if you help mercing for them in their battles. Dunno what they do now with the S&D, though...

Ye, probably you're right and I was wrong, sorry  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 06:09:06 pm »
+1
I don't know why you question if it's working as intended?

You said Wataga attacked them an hour after your battle.  One hour was the cooldown timer in strat 3, and it appears that it's the same in strat 4 (based on your own experience).

I personally like the cool down timer.  For me in strat 3 (before the timer was implemented), I literally attacked someone right on the doorstep to a large City.  I won the battle, and the second it was over I entered the city.  The second it was over, someone waiting on top of me attacked.  I physically showed my guy being in the city (could buy stuff, see myself and the other people inside the city, etc), however the guy attacked me and I was forced to fight the battle (and lose).  I bitched up a storm to the admins about this, and that may be part of the reason this was implemented, to fix that issue and give the people a chance to retreat slightly before someone else can attack.

The point of waiting 24 hours is to give the defender a chance to get people to sign up for their roster, but that 24 hours also allows someone to march over and wait for the battle to be over, so I think that's why it's necessary to leave the 1 hour cooldown after battle. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 01:58:44 am »
I don't know why you question if it's working as intended?

You said Wataga attacked them an hour after your battle.  One hour was the cooldown timer in strat 3, and it appears that it's the same in strat 4 (based on your own experience).

I personally like the cool down timer.  For me in strat 3 (before the timer was implemented), I literally attacked someone right on the doorstep to a large City.  I won the battle, and the second it was over I entered the city.  The second it was over, someone waiting on top of me attacked.  I physically showed my guy being in the city (could buy stuff, see myself and the other people inside the city, etc), however the guy attacked me and I was forced to fight the battle (and lose).  I bitched up a storm to the admins about this, and that may be part of the reason this was implemented, to fix that issue and give the people a chance to retreat slightly before someone else can attack.

The point of waiting 24 hours is to give the defender a chance to get people to sign up for their roster, but that 24 hours also allows someone to march over and wait for the battle to be over, so I think that's why it's necessary to leave the 1 hour cooldown after battle.

Hear HEAr!
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4