Poll

Fix this!

YES
90 (87.4%)
NO
13 (12.6%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: Give strat ticks for fighting in strat battles  (Read 3033 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Give strat ticks for fighting in strat battles
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 04:40:43 pm »
+3
So woody, people who only play strategus and not c-rpg shouldn't be able to be useful in the strategus overview, even though they participate in battles (aka play strategus)?  That makes absolutely no sense...these are people who are playing strategus, but can't do anything on the overview because they don't play in c-rpg public servers.  That's completely ridiculous.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 08:38:20 pm »
Point is to try to provide some integration between crpg and strategus by making players new to strategus who are not clan based of some value.

Already strategus is limited to very closed users, I would be interested to see number of inactive strat players who have tried and given up.

Main motive now seems to be large sieges that generate masses of xp for strat clans, which are closed to most non clan users. I am not the worst crpg player but cannot get accepted for any large battles.

I would guess Strategus has maybe 400 active users tops, take away troop farmers and number would fall to just active ones in same few clans. Look at rosters for large sieges in last 30 days on EU, willing to bet most large sieges fought by predominantly same users.

As for anders - says I am wrong one aim of ticks was not to get people in crpg servers it was to get people active in crpg servers. Wow that told me, devasting argument. Assume English is not your first language? And yes I do go to TS when accepted. 

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 08:47:54 pm »
Hey yo,
i upvoted thread and gave +1 no worries Lt. Anders :D

BUT in my opninion, they should Not give strategus ticks for strat battles, because then even more players would only play cRPG when there are strategus battles and the official servers (EU1, EU2,...) would be even less populated...
maybe it will not be like this when they change it, but i think so and thats why i wouldnt add this.

greets,
chris :)

(click to show/hide)
Bros never die!

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 08:58:04 pm »
+1
Add ticks for strategus battles. Normal battlemode sucks nowdays. >.<
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2013, 08:59:41 pm »
Add ticks for strategus battles. Normal battlemode sucks nowdays. >.<
thats what i meant...

if they want to play strategus they HAVE to play on official servers what keeps the game up...aderyn would be the first saying "good life NA1, im going to camp NA3 now"

you see my point?
Bros never die!

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 09:02:35 pm »
+2
thats what i meant...

if they want to play strategus they HAVE to play on official servers what keeps the game up...aderyn would be the first saying "good life NA1, im going to camp NA3 now"

you see my point?

err, let's see if i understood you correctly...

So you want to force people to play a boring game mode in order to be able to do something in the fun game mode?
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2013, 09:16:45 pm »
So Chris,

You think it's fair (or correct) that people who only play strategus battles/sieges can't do anything in the strategus overview?

That just seems backwards as fuck...here you have people actively playing in strategus battles, but can't recruit troops or get gold in the overview without playing in the cRPG public servers (which are in no way tied to strategus except for strat ticks gained in cRPG public servers)? 

Looks like you and Woody are in a 7.5 to 1 minority (aka 13% of people agree with you, aka 87% of people disagree with you)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2013, 09:41:19 pm »
err, let's see if i understood you correctly...

So you want to force people to play a boring game mode in order to be able to do something in the fun game mode?
without cRPG there would not be strategus, so cRPG as mod itself is the real game in this and strategus is the submod for it...so basically yes, i would try to force people playing cRPG instead of let them play only strategus battles where they gain there huge xps and thats it.
i think chadz has made this game to have a nice community playing one game everyday and when you think its boring strategus battles should be boring aswell (i mean strategus battles are still cRPG mechanics right?)

You think it's fair (or correct) that people who only play strategus battles/sieges can't do anything in the strategus overview?
yes, because the origin game chadz made for us is cRPG and not strategus.

this is my opinion and for me it is totally uninteresting if they add this or not, because i like playing on public servers alot and thats the reason why we all play this mod, because we like it anyhow, and i will not stop playing on EU1...but im scared that sometime after they have added this...i will be alone on EU1...and then the mod is really dead...and then there will be no strategus anymore (which i like alot aswell)

my thaught, my opinion, you cant change it.

greets,
chris
Bros never die!

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2013, 10:02:45 pm »

Thats enough for 314days ... Muahah ... i kinda got enough :-D
(click to show/hide)

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2013, 10:08:21 pm »
UA_Segd

Strategus Ticks Left: 1

Had this for months :(

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2013, 10:16:11 pm »

E-peen: 2.038.149
noice :D

i realized that mine is much smaller   :cry:
(click to show/hide)
Bros never die!

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2013, 10:47:35 pm »
+2
i realized that mine is much smaller   :cry:
(click to show/hide)

Heh, notice: You got 4000 ticks, I am a VERY busy person and can rarely put in 2-3 hours of crpg. (Due to: Work, School, or I just can't stand grinding)

But, if it's 1.5 hours, I can usually do that, and I will often, to play a strat battle. So for someone, like me, it's important. I can't play often and when I do, it's often a long strat battle. I've fought in MANY battles, yet I have such a dismal amount of ticks. I was happy I had 200!

As for anders - says I am wrong one aim of ticks was not to get people in crpg servers it was to get people active in crpg servers. Wow that told me, devasting argument. Assume English is not your first language? And yes I do go to TS when accepted. 

As I can't understand this: The argument was that there WERE no ticks, and people could do anything in strat. The Ticks were a way of REDUCING Multi accounting(it's ease of use). Since there were no restrictions, it came down to how many "troop Farmers" you could get, and multi accounting(IE 1 guy with more than 1 character on strat or 1 guy controlling all characters) allowed you to have very High(and very inactive) troop farmers.

Now with ticks you still HAVE the farmers, but they have to play crpg(and maintain a x2 or higher) to get strat ticks. So If you have bad x1 spurts not only do you get shit xp and gold, you get NOTHING for strat.

But most people who play strat are the ones who's opinion's matter(and this thread is aimed by us to the devs). If you don't play strat then you have no right to complain. And by playing I mean maintain a character on the strat map, not just fight battles. Everyone who fights in battles ALSO has a character on the map(even if they are a troop farmer).

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2013, 10:44:54 am »
The real issue here is that regular cRPG/Battle mode is garbage for tons of players.  It simply isn't played anymore.  Its outdated and the gameplay is awful, and most of the patches and new items honestly do nothing but make things worse or add some imbalanced flavor that no one really cares about.

Good base of the mod now only are interested in Strategus battles, as the big armies, fun maps (except some castles, mostly because of buggy as fuck siege equipment or walls that hasn't been fixed and is currently 100 percent broken), and TDM/Conquest style gameplay is actually, you know, a pretty good game.  Something Siege/Battle mode isn't.  Plus actually reasonable XP gain.  No ticks for the only good part of the mod is a slap in the face.

So, either you could try adding a TDM/Conquest mode for public servers and I (and many others) might actually play it, or just add ticks to Strat.  Ideally, change Strategus around so there's simply more battles with less bullshit to get armies together.  That way more players can participate in them as well.

I'd rather get banned for leeching EU DTV servers for Strat ticks then actually play 5 minutes of Battle, that's how bad the mod has become outside of Strat.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2013, 06:59:26 pm »
agreed, but also please give us some other ways to burn those tickets.

atm i have roughly 6k tickets and didn't even play that much the last 3 months on offcial servers. Use them to build something or repair walls after a siege ... anything but make them more usefull.

And while we are at it, renown, shouldn't that have some major new things connected?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2013, 08:54:02 pm »
agreed, but also please give us some other ways to burn those tickets.

atm i have roughly 6k tickets and didn't even play that much the last 3 months on offcial servers. Use them to build something or repair walls after a siege ... anything but make them more usefull.

And while we are at it, renown, shouldn't that have some major new things connected?

You could give a poor peasant farmer (like me) 1000 of them.  It will assure your place in heaven.