Author Topic: Dear NA Factions  (Read 3127 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Dear NA Factions
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 04:04:09 pm »
But Lemmy Winks, what if a clan has only 1 member (lets say you Lemmy Winks) and that members has only 1 fief (lets say for example, oh I don't know, Faraway Ibiran) to trade in, all the rest are closed borders and then that 1 fief is taken from him. 

Who would dare attack him? ...OH IC

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »
Independant traders boned? Maybe you might, god forbid, make trade agreements with the owners of fiefs? You know, like offering to pay their exorbitant taxes to let you sell your stuff there?

Of course I do make sure I get permission. But it's stupid. I'd do better just raiding people than being a legit trader. Either that or Mercanary company.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 05:38:12 pm »
+1
I think the system works perfectly fine as it is.  There's plenty of 15 and 18 gold fiefs out there with 1000+ S&D.  Hospitallers have not said we're locking down our borders, nor has KUTT as far as I know.  Tulbuk Castle is at 20 gold price and has 1800 S&D.  Sungetche Castle is at 18 gold price (should be 19 or 20 today) and is at 1300 S&D. 

You might have to sell for only 15 gold (default) at a fief, but if you're getting 300% bonus (or even 200%) you should be able to make a hefty profit. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 05:51:41 pm »
That too, people need to be a bit less greedy about only selling in 23-25 cost fiefs. There's tons of 750-1500 S&D fiefs on map around 15 price.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 05:54:06 pm »
You see that's a problem. Why make 15g per good when I can get 10 more per good by locking out others thereby making(at bonus) 20-40 more per good than at that cost.

Yes you can make SUPERIOR trades with the 15g but it doesn't bring in the profit that a 20g does. It's economics simply.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 06:51:05 pm »
And if you want to make money, you have to have a demand for your supplies.  If not, you don't make money.  Economics.

You can be a stickler about trying to sell at the 24-25 gold fiefs, but everyone is trying to sell there, over-saturating the market.  You might have to sell for less, or wait until there's more demand...

Like I said, there's a lot of fiefs even higher than the default 15 gold good price (but lower than 23/24/25) that have high hundreds, into the 1000's for demand of goods.  You might have to sell at one of these, just like the big factions might have to start doing that as well (I Know I will have to when I get back to our territory).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 06:54:03 pm »
+3
Strat 4: Where everyone all of a sudden has a masters in economics.

"It's economics simply."

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 06:57:07 pm »
I never took economics, so take what I say with a grain of salt...but it seems like what I'm saying is common sense.

Or you could get a bunch of horses and sneak into faction territory at 3am and buy or sell a bunch of goods and GTFO before they wake up. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 06:59:05 pm »
+3
I never took economics, so take what I say with a grain of salt...but it seems like what I'm saying is common sense.

Or you could get a bunch of horses and sneak into faction territory at 3am and buy or sell a bunch of goods and GTFO before they wake up.

I personally would enjoy this as you know certain people or clans would go full on sperg mode
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 07:00:23 pm »
+2
If someone is sitting on a lot of S&D and 25 good price,  and I was heading that way with goods on a nice F.A.G. bonus I'd just blow through his "closed borders" and sell anyways.

Chance I might get intercepted but If I am moving fast due to having a lot of horses (and possibly hitting quickmarch) it's gonna be hard unless there is some observant and well armed sentry perfectly placed to intercept me. If he misses, what's he gonna do attack me on the way out? I have no more goods to steal, he can't take my gold, and assuming the trader is decently armed, all Mr. Closed Border is gonna get is an expensive fight, lose hundreds of soldiers and tens of thousands of gold worth of gear just to teach me a moral lesson? The people who do go to all this effort of actively guarding S&D are going to find it very costly in both battle costs and opportunity costs, so let them, they'll fall behind doing it.

I say this to traders: Don't be scared by "closed borders", these threats of hanging you are emptier than they seem. It's very difficult and very costly to intercept and beat a fast moving (horse equipped) and well armed trader. Just keep chasing that S&D, the payoff outweighs the risk especially where some fools are trying to hoard it (and especially S&D in high price good fiefs).

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 07:03:00 pm »
I wasn't finding any cheap goods near me that had 100's of S&D, and was friendly or neutral.  I had to go and buy a bunch of goods on the border fief of an enemy faction from last strat.  They've made no announcements about protecting their S&D, but I figured they wouldn't take it too kindly either...so luckily I was able to time it that I arrived at 3am...I was hesitant to set an alarm on my phone...didn't want to wake my wife up for a video game, but also luckily, my internal clock woke me up to piss at like 4am :D
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 07:46:02 pm »
+3
I say this to traders: Don't be scared by "closed borders", these threats of hanging you are emptier than they seem. It's very difficult and very costly to intercept and beat a fast moving (horse equipped) and well armed trader.

It's really not. Even a mounted caravan can easily be caught by mounted chasers carrying no crates. A foot caravan has no chance at all of making it through if anyone on the other end is watching, and the fight is always worth it when you take the goods.
Don't.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2012, 08:02:36 pm »
It's really not. Even a mounted caravan can easily be caught by mounted chasers carrying no crates. A foot caravan has no chance at all of making it through if anyone on the other end is watching, and the fight is always worth it when you take the goods.

It can be caught, but probably not worth it to fight as long as the merchant is only carrying a moderate amount of goods.

If the merchant has 200 armed soldiers, carrying 150 goods. Assuming 150x25x3 is worth about 11,000 gold. meanwhile to beat such a decently armed caravan in field, assuming 1:1 kill ratio and even equip value, you'd lose over 20,000 worth of gear + 200 soldiers.

So to punish the intruder and protect your precious 150 S&D, you just spent close to net 15,000 gold, not to mention the opportunity cost of more productive activities that interceptor party could have been doing.

To enforce your closed borders will be costing much more than is offset by the sale of seized goods.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 08:05:54 pm »
+1
Fuck it, run through those trade embargoes

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2012, 09:53:25 pm »
+2
If someone is sitting on a lot of S&D and 25 good price,  and I was heading that way with goods on a nice F.A.G. bonus I'd just blow through his "closed borders" and sell anyways.

Chance I might get intercepted but If I am moving fast due to having a lot of horses (and possibly hitting quickmarch) it's gonna be hard unless there is some observant and well armed sentry perfectly placed to intercept me. If he misses, what's he gonna do attack me on the way out? I have no more goods to steal, he can't take my gold, and assuming the trader is decently armed, all Mr. Closed Border is gonna get is an expensive fight, lose hundreds of soldiers and tens of thousands of gold worth of gear just to teach me a moral lesson? The people who do go to all this effort of actively guarding S&D are going to find it very costly in both battle costs and opportunity costs, so let them, they'll fall behind doing it.

I say this to traders: Don't be scared by "closed borders", these threats of hanging you are emptier than they seem. It's very difficult and very costly to intercept and beat a fast moving (horse equipped) and well armed trader. Just keep chasing that S&D, the payoff outweighs the risk especially where some fools are trying to hoard it (and especially S&D in high price good fiefs).

All its gonna do is make you look like an asshole that is above everyone else which will ultimately lead the people you wronged to come over your nice little area of the map and wipe the floor with you leaving you with nothing in the process

Good way of thinking champ.
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames