Author Topic: too mutch repair costs??  (Read 2463 times)

Offline lar53

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
too mutch repair costs??
« on: September 23, 2012, 08:05:28 pm »
after 1 round of defend the virgin i need to repair 2 items?
i had 6k gold and now after some matches im at 200gold....
i cant repair my items anymore and i cant get more gold becous when i have some gold i have to repair with it!!!!!
a month ago or something i nefer had to repair and now eferymatch??

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: too mutch repair costs??
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 08:29:03 pm »
+3
after 1 round of defend the virgin i need to repair 2 items?
i had 6k gold and now after some matches im at 200gold....
i cant repair my items anymore and i cant get more gold becous when i have some gold i have to repair with it!!!!!
a month ago or something i nefer had to repair and now eferymatch??

Ever considered using cheaper gear?

(And please, please use the search function, there are over 9000 threads related to this ;-))
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 08:39:14 pm »
i got in my 12th gen 220 000 gold.
You just need to use cheaper gear and weapons. All gear cost should not go over 30 000 gold and you will slowly make money depending on your multi.
After first generation you can sell your loompoint for 450 000 gold and buy plate and plated horse and play with it whole generation not worrying abbout repairs at all.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:03:44 pm »
+6
i orlso always fink to mineself that therrs too muctch repair costs in crpg cos when i was wearing foll playte on my playted charger i lost loads of money :/
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:51:35 am »
+2
There is three major factor to consider :

(1)-Your build :

How much PS/PD/PT do you have, and how much wpf for the weapon type.
If you exceed 6 for less than 80 wpf or 7 for 111 per example, your weapon will breaks really often (maybe almost double cost compare to a balanced build 6ps/140wpf).

(2)-Your armor(+horse) cost :

How much golds in this, it shouldn't exceed 20K.

(3)-Your weapons cost :

How much multiplied by (1)  => if you get a good power/wpf ratio your can get a higher tier weapon without losing much golds with it. Otherwise try to use a cheap but effective one.

Cheap weapons:
Polearms : Long Bardiche (really good), Long Axe (faster), Long Spear (good utility)
2H : Morningstar, Longsword, Bar mace, etc ...
1H : I dont know much 1hs, but i know the Iberian Mace is op for it's cost.

And remember, it is not because you have a higher cost gears that you will succeed. Unless you are a heavy cavalry and you can spend over 60k on it (fuck these guys  :( )

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 02:22:59 pm »
Unless you are a heavy cavalry and you can spend over 60k on it (fuck these guys  :( )
Don't forget heavy infantry, 60k is reached quickly ;)

If you want to use heavy equipment all the time you need an x5. I rarely play DTV, so i'm not sure how much gold you earn there, but when i play there i only lose gold. You should join Siege or Battle, if you get the x5 often enough you can pay your repair bill for 70-80k equipment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 11:56:20 am »
+1
just don't play DTV if you want to earn some money.

Offline Snork

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 04:54:14 am »
I still lose money with a 27k gear... the upkeep is a bit too much IMHO

Offline PhigNewtenz

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Literally A Clan
  • Game nicks: Literally_PhigNewtenz, Literally_Not_PhigNewtenz
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 03:19:45 pm »
+1
Wow, people sure do bitch about this a lot. Possible explanations:
  • Are you using ranged weapons? Projectiles break roughly twice as often, so you should count them twice when adding up your build cost.
  • Are you using expensive weapons without having any proficiency for them? Proficiency lowers break chance. Things break a lot at little to no proficiency. Note that melee weapons share proficiency across one-handed, two-handed, and polearm classes.
  • Do you average a low multiplier for some reason? This could happen if: you make your team lose a lot (unlikely), you leave servers and rejoin a lot (you're always re-starting at an x1), or you're playing a game mode (like DTV) where normal upkeep math doesn't hold.
  • Are you complaining without having a large enough sample size? Break chances are random enough that to really have them average out takes many hours. I've had moderately long spells where I lost money with 30,000 gold in gear, as well as spells where I made money with my full lancer load-out of 60,000 gold in gear. If this is the case, go out and play for ten or more hours and then post your profit (what will happen) or loss.

Losing money in the long term with 27,000 gold in gear is extremely unlikely. Unless one of the four things listed above is true, people will find your complaints hard to believe. In the future, post more information when you're complaining about something as complicated as upkeep costs.

Edit: Add to the third bullet the possibility that you're keeping a menu open while in game that is preventing you from receiving ticks.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:31:33 pm by PhigNewtenz »

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »
Defend the virgin is a gols sink in disguise. Unless you go real cheap you will lose money. Battle and seige are fine though, ex last night I played for 4ish hours with brig, hourglass gauntlets, elite cav shielf and italian sword and made 15k. Not the most expensive loadout, but still pretty high (for me anyway).