Author Topic: Give free untradable loompoints to new players.  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Re: Give free untradable loompoints to new players.
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2012, 11:57:42 pm »
I'm coming at this as a new player, so my theory-crafting might be all wrong on this.  I don't think giving new players free heirloom points will solve anything.

Perhaps the problem is being looked at the wrong way.  I'm looking at the gear and there is no reason to use +1 looms.  The bonus going from +0 to +1 is tiny, +1 to +2 is bigger, +2 to +3 is even bigger.  So of course anybody with all +3 gear is going to completely outclass anybody in something less.  Give the gear diminishing returns for looming, so the +1 items are actually viable items.  So instead of running around with 1 +3 item for min maxing purposes, you'll run around with 3 +1 items.  And since the difference between the +3 and +1 gear has shrunk, there is less of a curve between those with all +3 looms and those who are running around with +1 and +2 looms.  New players are still boned, but at least their first few loom points will help close that gap much quicker, by Gen 5 they'd be in a pretty good place, mostly +1 armor a +1 weapon.

As an example, take any armor piece, instead of giving +1, +3, +5 armor bonuses, give as +3, +4, +5 bonuses.  Lordly armor would stay the same, but the gap between Thick and Lordly would shink.

As of right now, there is no reason why I'd want anything other than a +3 chest.  Why use a +1 chest, +1 boots, and +1 gloves to get a measly +3b/+1l armor, when I can just wear a +3 chest and get +5b/+5l.  With the proposed values, you're looking at +6b/+6l if you wore those same 3 +1 looms.

If you want to fix the gap between fresh players and those running around with looms, then just nerf those +2 and +3 looms altogether to bring their bonuses down across the board.

This basically.  He's right.

Both the bonus to leveling gained from generations and the way looms stack (+3 best, +1 almost worthless) should be INVERTED (or at least reworked) if you want to help new people / people with less.

And overall I agree with Thovex on this - average cRPG skill level has gone up a lot (I've been around off and on for some time now - im sure not as long as some of you but long enough) and new players have a hard time really doing much of anything, let alone getting kills lol.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1146
  • Infamy: 2850
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2012, 12:05:15 am »
He needs to take a week long break from cRPG.

I know from my own experience, if you play a lot you lose perspective. Of course you'll think cRPG is the best thing ever if that's only thing you play :)

New player buy this game, hear about cRPG being like MMORPG somwhere, download it from chadzRPG flashy site and try it out. After half an hour, after being devoured he'll stop playing forever.

As Thomek said, skill level is already ridiculously high, no need for grind to make a difference between players.

When I started, there were extremely high level people but there was a ton of lowbies like me. Grind bought me a horse and I started killing other peasants who weren't much worse players than me.

Nowadays everyone has loomed items and is high level, lowbies stand no chance. Giving them better gear won't make them invincible and certainly won't make them harder kill if you're decent player.

I'm really looking forward to Project Asisnus but I hope that chadz will soften grind, making it different. It's not as bad as in most korean MMORPG but it's there and I don't like it.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2012, 12:11:31 am »
There is loads of stuff in our bank, if you want to borrow something just ask Schmatso :p. I only have 3 MW's myself and that is all I need. If you feel like you suffered while grinding, how can you say that grinding and looms should stay? Only because you are too selfish to lose them now if they get removed altogether? You would be equal with everyone else, no one would have any advantage over anyone apart from skill. Would be awesome in my opinion.

Imagine you are building a realy nice house,and you almoust finished it,and i come and say to you,hey man lets destroy all ur houses and live in tents to be equal.
No i don't want to be equal to peasants,and i don't want to be equal to someone who is playing this mod longer then me.
With weapon,gloves and armor you are equal to someone who is having more mw,because body armor and hand armor and weapon is what matter moust,rest of gear is just for fun. If you are cav horse is also important.
I grinded 250k gold in one gen,if i can do it,everyone can,with a little selling of items you dont need you can collect enough money to buy yourself +1 item (i bought rus scale armor for 300k),and peasants after gen one can upgrade that item to +2.
After second gen it is already mw. Or they can trade 2 loompoints for mw item.
I could grind over milion exp in one day,average gamer can do at least 500-600k per day,so in one week he is completed his gen.
They don't deserve a thing to be given for free.
This is not communism,we don't want to be equal.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 215
  • Infamy: 1711
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2012, 12:18:53 am »
+1
We aren't equal, some people are better than others at this game.

What you want is to minimize the skill difference with grind. It's okay for you to wish for that but I don't think most would agree. This isn't World of WarCraft MMORPG type of game, this is skill based competitive game.

Btw. you don't have a house, you merely have a shack, I have a house :)

And I'm not boasting to make myself feel better, I'm doing it to make you realize how insignificant is what you own in this game. The sooner you realize that the better for you.

Don't get me wrong, I grinded this game like hell but I enjoyed most of the time. If I didn't I would quit a lot earlier. From your posts I feel you didn't enjoyed it.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2012, 12:35:13 am »
Dude i will never get that much skill to be the best in this game.
Crpg have some mission,some reason to play,it is not stupid game like CS where you buy same gear over and over,and over again and play same map.
I like it cuz i keep my stuff and money.
I like to loom stuff,cuz they look then special and shiny,i enjoy having them.
Realy like dtv more then battle and siedge. Bouth of game modes are very tense and stressfull and i get angry easily so i play even worse,so i like dtv because i don't worry abbout anything and can relax.
I don't like anyone to get anything if we don't get same item as them,because we all beated game on ultra hard and some new ppl are gonna play it on normal.
You leshma have finished this game,you are lvl 35,have 20 looms,you played,you had joy owning ppl that are lvl 30 or less,but some of us want to feel that too. You can't force us to play different just because you are fucking boored.
Why dont you delete ur main and looms and start from lvl 1 again?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2012, 12:42:01 am »
+2
I actually wrote a reply to Mlekces bs here but I ended up realizing that arguing with him is impossible as he's saying exactly the opposite of what he just said and you therefore cannot address his arguments without argumenting for what he just said.

But I'll just throw in an old example of Mlekces hypocracy:

Back when Mlekce was a lancer he was moaning and bitching about how pikes were to good about lancers but about that when he was playing inf in strat battles he weren't good enough with a pike...
...Now, when Mlekce stopped being a lancer he imidiatly started bitching bout how pikes are to good against infantry and to weak against cavalry...
..Essentially Mlekce is saying that he doesn't want new players to have the same experience as him while playing lancers and pikers as he wants them nerfed.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2012, 12:49:16 am »
I actually wrote a reply to Mlekces bs here but I ended up realizing that arguing with him is impossible as he's saying exactly the opposite of what he just said and you therefore cannot address his arguments without argumenting for what he just said.

Back when Mlekce was a lancer he was moaning and bitching about how pikes were to good about lancers but about that when he was playing inf in strat battles he weren't good enough with a pike...
...Now, when Mlekce stopped being a lancer he imidiatly started bitching bout how pikes are to good against infantry and to weak against cavalry...
..Essentially Mlekce is saying that he doesn't want new players to have the same experience as him while playing lancers and pikers as he wants them nerfed.

That was 10 gens ago,in the mean time i went trough all classes,and tried a lot of builds.
Every class is fun to play for 2-3 hours,after that you realy see how every class have it's weakness and have its OP ness in something.
Mod is pretty balanced now,after native i realy love our archers,and lancers,and pikers,and 2h. Ok i lie abbout 2h,but there isn't any class that is realy op or easy.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2012, 12:50:01 am »

How do you that, you sometimes seem retarded while looking very clever the next moment?

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2012, 01:02:50 am »
Just have all gen 1 new players able to get to level 40 in the xp it currently takes to get to level 31. They don't even need looms that way and it's a much simpler solution.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1375
  • Infamy: 2322
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2012, 01:08:47 am »
+1
Why dont you delete ur main and looms and start from lvl 1 again?

Some things you do only once in your lifetime :D

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2012, 01:10:57 am »
Some things you do only once in your lifetime :D

Oh realy? :D

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2012, 01:23:58 am »
+1
How do you that, you sometimes seem retarded while looking very clever the next moment?
75% of the time I seem retarded I'm joking and I'm perfectly fine with being the only guy laughing.
The other 25% is just me being so brilliant you cannot comprehend it.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2012, 02:54:24 am »
75% of the time I seem retarded I'm joking and I'm perfectly fine with being the only guy laughing.
The other 25% is just me being so brilliant you cannot comprehend it.

Seems legit.

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2012, 03:03:52 am »
well Mod seems pretty dead cept the nerds already playin it since 2 yearsxD

maybe we should concentrate on noobfriendly Introduction of crpg for M&B2

1 MW Item at start WHY NOT????

start at Lv30
Gen bounded Server maybe till gen3(nab server)

make a TS channel with some kind guys like too help Newcomers and explain the Melee system at Duels and maybe make trainee groups at battel/siege/CONQUEST mode

how too attract more peeps too Strat+CRPG at once:

make a Strat Faction which every Participant of Strat belongs too when he enter Strat ,this Faction will exist too the End and is indestructabel, its welcome any Newcomer while hold a large Area too also welcomes any Traders with good prices and also Mercenaries/small Clans with Jobs for good Coin like protecting Caravans of this Faction  and patroulling the  Factions Area too fight against Bandits which try too raid the caravans(AI based).
Also Clans could trade with that Faction in the Middel of the Map.
Looking for Members/Goods/Troops/Wepons/Mercenaris it would be quite a good spot for the big Clans too...
Well too attract more peeps too crpg generally we need too implement INDEPENDET Mercenaris for strat.Too give a Goal and Way too players too improve their Gear and Skills while
interacting with crpg.(opposite of the stare RPG world we got now)
its all should be connected and not seperated.While advance into the game in the starter Strat Faction peeps will find Connection too the Game and join the Clans or seek fortune in being lonly Hero like LoLwen.
So 1 Way too catch more people could be Strat ,through rewarding they invested Time through Gold/Exp/Looms/Knowlege/ and finding a Clan.Symbotic with plain playin Crpg.
When i think bout it right now
Why not taking the Kingdome suggestion was made here :

[url]ttp://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/crpg-kingdoms/[url] 

and connect it with the starter Strat Faction?
so useless Rounds of battel and siege get replaced by givin any Round a "Sence" in Strat.
1 Battel could last 1 day or something.
so crpg meets strat noobfriendly :)

im out
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline MarktpLatz

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: MarktpLatz_HRE MarktPole_HRE MarktArcher_HRE MarktShielder_HRE
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2012, 04:39:11 am »
+3
1 MW Item at start WHY NOT????

-Because it would be unfair for all the other players who had to grind a lot to get a MW item.
-Because it won´t help the newcomers very much since, once more: skill>equipment.

start at Lv30
Gen bounded Server maybe till gen3(nab server)

-I think we´re fine with the under lvl 20 server, server would not be really populated since other clan members can´t join the server, therefore it would be easier to get xp and experience while playing on a regular server with a clan.

make a TS channel with some kind guys like too help Newcomers and explain the Melee system at Duels and maybe make trainee groups at battel/siege/CONQUEST mode
Actually not a bad idea, but nobody wants to spend time sitting in an empty channel just waiting for hours :P
Solution: Join a clan, they will help and explain.

make a Strat Faction which every Participant of Strat belongs too when he enter Strat ,this Faction will exist too the End and is indestructabel, its welcome any Newcomer while hold a large Area too also welcomes any Traders with good prices and also Mercenaries/small Clans with Jobs for good Coin like protecting Caravans of this Faction  and patroulling the  Factions Area too fight against Bandits which try too raid the caravans(AI based).

Big faction for all no-faction members without leadership: Worse than no faction, because:
It doesn´t give you any advantage since there is no leadership to organize something
No more neutral raiding targets / Very effective raiding because you can see what the other guys are carrying.

How would you connect the neutral castles with reality? "No, you cant attack us, because ______ ???"
Big clans would just occupy the trading routes between the castles=> not much S&D left for randomers.
Factions could not be wiped from the map in any way since they can just go to this invulnerable refugee and rebuild their armies :P

Nuff said.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login