Author Topic: all cRPG CLAN FALLEN TOURNAMENT (number 06)  (Read 21029 times)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Re: all cRPG CLAN FALLEN TOURNAMENT (number 06)
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2011, 04:34:39 pm »
I wasnt talking about the points at all i was talking about the fighting system, this one was chaotic, i think clans should go trought the qualifications based on their own strength and should not have to worry about  and/or rely on the teams of other clans that are figthing beside them.
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »
I wasnt talking about the points at all i was talking about the fighting system, this one was chaotic, i think clans should go trought the qualifications based on their own strength and should not have to worry about  and/or rely on the teams of other clans that are figthing beside them.

This system had 2 advantages: there was no downtime, everybody got to play in every single match, and it led to larger scale 15 vs 15 battles. The disadvantage was that luck had it's role when a clan can't achieve victory by itself, but must cooperate with 2 other clans that might be weaker or stronger - for me it looked like a challenge and considering the previously mentioned advantages it was worth trying.

Also, I am open to suggestions, if you have any ideas about a more balanced qualifying system (appart from the classic one) that wouldn't involve more than 15-20 matches per session feel free to share.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2011, 07:00:06 pm »
Finals start in 1 hour.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2011, 07:08:31 pm »
More things to be said... (just my oppinions)

I see more new tournaments systems comming (shogunate, chad's ladder - maybe). These are serious things...

Fallen Tournaments shouldn't compete with these tourneys when it would come to fairnes or seriousness. We have other advantages (more clans at the same time, short event where everybody fights everybody, feel more intensive for more people at the same time, we can use different fighting formats...). But yeah, the cost for this is it is less "fair" sometimes.

I'm not telling I'm aiming for unserious stuff on purpose - the fighting system we used now for qualifiers was never meant to be random. I still kinda believe that the odds were always equall - always 3x5 fighters in the arena on separate TSpeaks - same for everybody. I also believe that if you put 3x5 good fighters against 3x5 bad fighters the result should be that the first team will win. The only difference was that some clans took pikes and crushtrhogh weapons (like Turks and my old friends) and some brought shielders (Mercs), but this comes to your decisions/mistakes (we did the same btw).

To the Ladder - the point will of course go to the Ladder, it was announced and I see no reason why it should be changed. The ladder itself starts to work quite well, I think always somebody will have a bad day or he will go through unlucky tournament where will be more random qualifiers (like this one and Grey Order and you). But this is not a problem in a long run, we had 6 tournaments so far. With more and more played one big blow in one Tournament won't play a role. Also counting of LPTS can change a bit over time (especially in performance ladder)...

Lastly the most important thing
A lot of guys (Mercs mostly) complain. Well why not, but if you complain you should also give some other option/solution. The ideal thing is 100% fun and 100% seriousness at the same time (this can never be achieved, but we can try to get close to it). I said and asked that having always the same qualifiers would make the tournament boring - I haven't got any answer to this (how the qualifiers should look like, if they should always be the same etc...) from anybody here on forums yet. The current idea is to have a bigger stress on FUN in qualifiers and bigger stress on FAIRNESS in finals. The point shoudl be that good clans should make it even through a bit more random qualifiers to the finals, where position from that you qualify plays no role. The finals are than quite FAIR with same chances for everybody...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:10:44 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2011, 07:27:13 pm »
maybe you could try something with classes

for example a tournament with shielders vs shielders, cav vs cav, ranged vs ranged, it'd look more medievalish and could be quite fun imo

Edit : other suggestion if you want bigger fights could be to do a tournament with 2 clans signing in together, for example Mercs + my old friend, Greys + STR, Risen + Hre, that way people would play together with some more teamplay and always with the same guys in bigger fights
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:31:33 pm by Olwen »

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2011, 07:45:05 pm »
good ideas  :!:
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2011, 08:31:06 pm »
Beau please show me the reason of banning me ?
With some reasonable proofs ?
Thanks for abusing Mr. Serious.
Good luck with next tourneys this aint fun anymore...

Offline Reyiz

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Smell of Money
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rainbow
  • IRC nick: Jewianna
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2011, 08:31:41 pm »
We wont participate any Fallen Tournament if Beau will be still admin or referee

PS. No offense to any other Fallen Members
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:33:48 pm by Reyiz »

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2011, 08:34:30 pm »
Beau, plz show me your reason to ban me permanently!! Either kick all the members of the clan for your "valid" reasons or be reasonable and understand the fact that being an admin does not give you the right to ban people from a server which is not in your command.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:39:01 pm by BattalGazi »

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2011, 08:36:32 pm »
Seriously.. i didn't even notice or heared someone of us punched someone..just read ban message at the very start of the crap.

Anyway..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG9cg7zk63g

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2011, 08:43:01 pm »
Turks are banned from any future Tournaments organized by Fallen.

Reason: Douchebaggery. You can't read the rules and won't even stick to them after being penalized several times. You started punching again, although the Rules still clearly say NO PUNCHING, NO KICKING, NO FIGHTING OUTSIDE THE OFFICIAL FIGHTS! You got a warning, the player was kicked. You couldn't keep quiet, you started raging without thinking, you were banned. Simple as that, and still correct.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Kunio

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Only MEB can nerf me!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouk_Kunio
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2011, 08:44:08 pm »
Thanks Fallen for this tournament, it was precious before Beau's stupid judgments...
çok samimi şakalı komikli bi ortam vardı

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2011, 08:53:00 pm »
from beginning
i kicked one guy that was kicking (as i did to anybody else who was doing the same in previous sessions). i know it was for fun, i even thought the rules might change a bit for future tourneys (like you could punch/kick clanmates and shouldn't overuse it ). but still the rules are the same for everybody now and tournament is not the place where they should be discussed. it still was a kick, no big deal...

after this you started to argue, including calling me an idiotic admin (Reyiz). the only thing i replied was that the rules are the same for everybody and asked you if you desire to have special rules only for turks. you kept arguing so i said something like that if you want to keep behaving as retards, there will be in the end no penalty high enough.

during this discussion Kapikulu_HarunYahya was showing me for couple of minutes that i jerk off over my admin rights (by that funny switch weapon mode movement)  - i though that you will stop but if you kept that going for couple of minutes i slashed you over had to make you stop. you continued to do it so i banned you.

aside from that i gave no bans/kicks.

if you don't like the rules that almost everybody else (mostly aside a few randomers) is able to follow than it is really your problem, not mine.

(btw i suppose the bans are displayed as permanent in a chatlog, but in fact they are only for a limited time. like when it comes to the tourney, imo 30 min ban is enough as its only to prevent the player not to come again to the session, but it shouldnt punish anybody to play on the server in the future. ill have to find out the length of bans, for sure nobody should be banned just because of the tournament for a longer time than couple of mins/hours).

edit: i suppose you want to be removed from the ladder system too, right?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:55:53 pm by Beauchamp »

Offline Sir_Bertran

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Robber-baron of The Pillagers.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Pillagers
  • Game nicks: Sir_Bertran
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2011, 09:04:17 pm »
Regards Risen, that was really Great.
We'll pillage your village!

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2011, 09:05:00 pm »
Good game men.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login