1 (worst)
89 (40.8%)
10 (4.6%)
11 (5%)
4 (1.8%)
5 (best)
104 (47.7%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Author Topic: The Greatest Unban Essay Ever Written (Expression, Freedom, Maturity, & Honesty)  (Read 18258 times)

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
+1
First time visiting this post since making it, not really surprised by how many trolls showed up to try to keep me banned.  Bjord is a perfect example.  The kid literally was the first person in here with multiple posts trying to undermine the truth of what I said.

Like I said, I eat trolls for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Bjord was just another nameless troll who got spanked in game then went crying to the forum to try and save some shred of the dignity he lost.
Literally no idea who he even is.  Don't worry, I get that a lot.  People I don't even recognize trying to start garbage with me because they are carrying some grudge.  I'm nothing more than a target of their anger that stems from conflict in their own personal lives.

Like it or not there are people who are genuinely full of hate who play this game.  I'm not one of them.  Do you see me taking my harassment to the forum? No.
Look at the same example I gave you, Bjord, and it's a totally different story. 

Like it or not, I don't hate anybody in this game or community.  I like plenty of people who play here and a lot of people like me.  Maybe that eats some of you up.  That doesn't really concern me. 

You know what the funniest thing about this is.

Literally one single day after posting this.  The U.S. Embassy in Egypt is attacked on the anniversary of 9-11, our flag is torn down and burned, and what do we do about it?
We issue an apology to the people who attacked us.

We issue an apology based off the fact some crackpot in California made a movie depicting Muhammad in a negative light.    Then we essentially apologize for our freedom of speech while the Egyptian security forces, we donate a billion dollars toward every year in aid, do nothing to stop the riot that occurs on American soil overseas.

What does this apology do to quell the riot?  Absolutely nothing.  The Egyptian security forces allow the riot to go as far as they deem necessary; all but to the point of burning the embassy to the ground.

This is the perfect example of what the PC epidemic of behavior accomplishes.  Absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile this event acts as a smokescreen of cover while 4 Americans, including an ambassador, are murdered in Libyan territory by jihadists.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
+2
Your post positively shot off on a tangent. Are you planning to bring it to a head, or leave us hanging with bated breath.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
+4
Let me try to boil this down further:

Frankly, I'm not entirely sure why I should be forced to apologize for talking trash while other players are allowed to get away with it even though they may be conducting it on a more minor scale.

Am I supposed to be held to some higher standard than every other player; despite not being an administrator or holding any formal title other than player?  Honestly.

I'm smart enough to see the writing on the wall here.  I can issue some fake apology for talking trash like what is trying to be forced by guidelines directly issued to me.
Other players can use this to their advantage to try and start garbage with me to use it against me in a ban.

Meanwhile, trash talking continues to be a part of every day life on the server, with only myself being visibly singled out for it.

Here's the thing:

If you make trash talk 100% against the rules, I will abide by that policy fully.  I will even report instances of it where I see it just out of principle alone(if I can't do it, why would I let someone else).

I personally feel that I'm being lured into some future trap with this.

Here's what happens.

1.  I'm essentially forced to issue an apology to the community; even though nobody from the community (that I know of) put forward a ban request on me with evidence to back it up.  This was purely a homework project by the admins themselves digging up log information in their spare time.

2. After my apology, I have a big target on my back for every player with a petty grudge to try and start shit with me attempting to goad me into asserting my dominance toward them.  They break the subjective guidelines in an attempt to get me to do the same.  Then they report me, get away with it, and I'm punished severely because the Admins hold my record above my head despite not starting the confrontation.

If the admins make trash talking and insult hurling 100% illegal, I'll be happy to follow those rules.  I can adapt to that easily.  Right now, that is not the case.  There's a huge grey area purposefully built into the rules as they stand. 

So why should I be held accountable and unprivileged to such behavior while others are allowed to continue doing the same thing at their leisure with no repercussion?
That's what I don't understand.

Why should I be expected to respect such a scenario of clear unfairness and double-standards?

Look...  I'm not ashamed of who I am, where I come from, how far I've come in life, etc...
I fucking love who I am.  That's just a fact of life.  I wish more people felt that way and maybe there wouldn't be so much fuckin bitterness in the world.

If I've genuinely offended anyone with my mindless flaming unintended for anything other than entertainment, then I apologize for my words making you feel that way, but I'm not sorry for saying any of it because it wasn't my intention to hurt you.

Considering that nobody came forward anytime recently with ban requests bolstering such claims with strictly shown evidence, I do not believe anyone is genuinely hurt by anything I've said.

If I had intended to hurt you with anything I've said, and you were genuinely damaged by it emotionally, I would feel differently.  I'm not a monster or a strict sociopath.

That's just me being 100% honest.

If someone can convince me otherwise and that I was genuinely destroying the community or whatever,  I'm all ears.
Feel free to shoot.  We can talk about it like adult human beings instead of trying to simply get our way on the issue.

I didn't type out that giant response just so I could simply get my way.  That's pretty clear. 

I typed it out to give you my viewpoint; to make an effort to impact any people who were open-minded and interested in the topic even just slightly.

Look, I genuinely 100% believe in changing people's opinions with intelligent back-and-forth rather than "my-way-or-the-highway" tactics which I have absolutely no respect for.

I want the back and forth.  I want to know why you feel the way you do and have the opportunity to convince you otherwise if I feel opposed to it.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
Your post positively shot off on a tangent. Are you planning to bring it to a head, or leave us hanging with bated breath.

Are you seriously unable to draw a connection from what I originally posted in this topic and the events that unfolded yesterday?

Or are you just playing dumb?

Also, I've never seen you lead a pub game in my entire time playing this game in 2.5 years and 35 generations so don't try saying "please works just fine for me."
By my own personal experience, I think you're completely and utterly full of shit saying that.

If I had actually seen you lead at least once, I'd probably feel differently.  However, that is not the case.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
significant megalomania, lack of empathy, ad hominems, victim blaming, deriding a "progressive movement" in america to stop people saying friend and bundle of sticks as ignorant, proudly talking about freedom of speech and business master's yet not realizing he is playing on a private server with a specific code of conduct he is violating, making the argument that going to a burger king and yelling MAKE A DELICIOUS MOTHERFUCKING WHOPPER YOU LAZY friend bundle of sticks to get better than expected lunch would be patriotic, undertones of legitimate misogyny, homophobia, and racism in every sentence

a+ would unban for entertaining essay, but as a mission statement on the life and times of spookisland and a personal philosophy it is hilariously awful

1. You've violated that same code you're speaking of, even in the position of admin, and been allowed to get away with it. 
Unless you want to tell all of us you have never violated those rules?  I'd be interested in hearing that.
If that's the case, Admins could forward me your unedited logs and we could see for ourselves. I don't think it'd take me very long to find some damning examples. 
We both know this.  So don't try to play the code of conduct game with me when we both know you're a hypocrite.

2. A really lousy strawman argument involving burger king isn't an excuse for an actual argument. 

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
+1
No abuse of in-game chat (racism, insulting, griefing...)

I believe this is the rule you've been accused of breaking.

How many insults do you think occur in your average game of CRPG?
How many people do you see getting reprimanded or banned everyday for insulting?

Do you really expect people to respect a rule that only gets enforced  when the admins simply feel like it?  Even when such admins themselves have knowingly broken such rules?
Honestly, I really want to know.

But try applying that same mentality to real-life and ask yourself if you'd feel the same if people committing fraud, theft, etc.. were only punished at all whenever Judges felt like it.

Something tells me a free society wouldn't last very long with stipulations such as that.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
I have to get to bed because I have work tomorrow morning, but I'll be back here when possible to discuss some of the issues I've brought up here tonight.  If you have a real argument or legitimate point you want to bring up in an effort to convince me otherwise, please feel more than encouraged.

If you're just going to try trolling me pathetically on the forum because you have some grudge for whatever reason, please spare me, because I'm most likely just going to ignore your stupidity and immature attempts to feel validated as a person.  Either that or I'll make an example of that style of thinking.

I do want the admins to read and respond to what I sad earlier on this page though.  I brought up some pretty good points and I'd like to see what the administrator staff feels about them.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Like it or not there are people who are genuinely full of hate who play this game.  I'm not one of them.

rofl

Actually all the above posts (serious multipost, l2forum) are fucking lol.
Someone has to mute this guy, because now he's just trolling us.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:47:54 am by Vibe »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Are you seriously unable to draw a connection from what I originally posted in this topic and the events that unfolded yesterday?

Or are you just playing dumb?

Also, I've never seen you lead a pub game in my entire time playing this game in 2.5 years and 35 generations so don't try saying "please works just fine for me."
By my own personal experience, I think you're completely and utterly full of shit saying that.

If I had actually seen you lead at least once, I'd probably feel differently.  However, that is not the case.

Which is how I have come to lead a successful clan by my criteria.

That not being the point, I have led teams. The difference being that you tended to be screaming over me, so I left you to your own devices with your freaking out at your/my team. I only took the time to address you directly when people began complaining of your frequent and abusive conduct.

I lead the team in conjunction with my clan. Unlike you, I do not scream profanities at my team in a vain effort to control their battlefield movements. You seem to link abuse and leadership together, which I can assure you is not the case, under any circumstances.

I can tell you that I make it a point not to lead a battle when you are on my team because it is frankly tiring to have to bash heads with you.

Your personal experience with me is extremely limited simply because I have chosen not to consort with you. I do not believe that you are the "leader" that you make yourself out to be simply because people do not listen to you. Perhaps you get a better response on the siege server.

Also if you want to reference people being "full of shit," make sure you read page 1, post #1.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:58:38 am by Dexxtaa »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
First time visiting this post since making it, not really surprised by how many trolls showed up to try to keep me banned.  Bjord is a perfect example.  The kid literally was the first person in here with multiple posts trying to undermine the truth of what I said.

Like I said, I eat trolls for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Bjord was just another nameless troll who got spanked in game then went crying to the forum to try and save some shred of the dignity he lost.
Literally no idea who he even is.  Don't worry, I get that a lot.  People I don't even recognize trying to start garbage with me because they are carrying some grudge.  I'm nothing more than a target of their anger that stems from conflict in their own personal lives.

Like it or not there are people who are genuinely full of hate who play this game.  I'm not one of them.  Do you see me taking my harassment to the forum? No.
Look at the same example I gave you, Bjord, and it's a totally different story. 

Like it or not, I don't hate anybody in this game or community.  I like plenty of people who play here and a lot of people like me.  Maybe that eats some of you up.  That doesn't really concern me. 

First of all, pointing out obvious flaws and arguing against them is not "undermining the truth". Maybe for you it is, since you're convinced that you're innocent and since you're so proud of your essay.

I'm not carrying a grudge, I simply saw you were banned and also saw the chat logs that led to it. Then I remembered that pathetic thread. Do you remember it? I'm sure you do, it's that one where you thought people would actually give a shit if you died. Well, some of them did but that didn't last long.

I actually believe you, Spook. I don't think you're full of hate. I think you're full of yourself. You think you're above everyone else, even the rules in this community. It's so obvious, starting just by reading a couple of rows in this essay about how great you are as a person, completely evading the goal of writing unban essays. That makes you an idiot.

I don't hate you either Spook, you should really stop thinking so highly of you. I actually think you're a pretty bright guy. As many said, you write eloquently and in some way, ignoring the bullshit there is small bits of truth. But when it all boils down, you have been spreading too much bad atmosphere for much too long. If you never realized this day would come then I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. I think you know fully well that pissing dozens of people off would eventually lead to your removal. Majority rules everything(well almost).

Maybe one day it will occur to you that being likeable is a better alternative than being "the poor little martyr" that just wants to give everyone multipliers by writing profanities in caps lock. Seriously, even though you tried to justify your chat abuse, that was the dumbest shit I heard so far.

Bjord out.
* Bjord drops the microphone on the floor and leaves the stage.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
How many insults do you think occur in your average game of CRPG?
How many people do you see getting reprimanded or banned everyday for insulting?

Do you really expect people to respect a rule that only gets enforced  when the admins simply feel like it?  Even when such admins themselves have knowingly broken such rules?
Honestly, I really want to know.

But try applying that same mentality to real-life and ask yourself if you'd feel the same if people committing fraud, theft, etc.. were only punished at all whenever Judges felt like it.

Something tells me a free society wouldn't last very long with stipulations such as that.

... Frankly, I'm not entirely sure why I should be forced to apologize for talking trash while other players are allowed to get away with it even though they may be conducting it on a more minor scale.
... Am I supposed to be held to some higher standard than every other player; despite not being an administrator or holding any formal title other than player?  Honestly.

In this quote as well as the other ones i pasted in there, it seems you believe that your being singled out in the enforcement of this rule. Do others talk shit to each-other? Yes although it is mostly shit talking amongst friends but it does happen. However the point here is that you take it to a whole nother level where real action needs to be taken to correct it. This rule is not like team killing, where if you do it once your punished for it with a ban. Its a more subjective rule and up to the admins discretion when to warn and punish. If you did it as much as a normal person does, which is not at all or only jokingly amongst your friends nothing would happen to you. But when you spend two years saying horrible things to people (everyone) youve crossed the point to where an admin does need to step in and punish you for it just to make it stop, because it has become that out of hand. And its hard to understand how you cannot differentiate between small amounts of shit talk between two friends and calling everyone of the server a bundle of sticks 37 times in less than an hour and doing it every day for two years and how the later might warrant a much more severe punishment than the former which may not require any at all. Honestly im surprised this didnt happen to you sooner, which brings me to my next point.

Your main point is that your being singled out because of your reputation and because others do not like you. I would argue that your reputation is what has enabled you to behave this way and get away with it for such a long time. If you were just some unknown asshole who was doing this you would have been banned a very long time ago. Because you are "spook island" and you have a name in this game and a "fan base" its going to take an admin alot more to ban you than it would be for some unknown player no one cared about. This is because if they do take action against you they know they are going to take alot of shit for it from the people who know and like you, and they have. If it was the unknown guy no one would come to his defense, no one would care, it would be easy. Its kind of the same reason Heuy has gotten away with so much, people know him and like him, and the admins, even though they shouldn't, do care about what the people in the community think of them. And doing something that is unpopular with certain people like banning some figure they really like is going hurt their reputation in the eyes of those people.

So you being you has only helped you not get banned for so long, it definitely has not hurt you. Not to mention behaving this way for such a long time has made people expect this kind of behavior out of you, wereas they would be appalled if someone more respectable just randomly did it one day, it would be a much bigger deal to them. You are not held to a higher standard, in terms of chat decency you are held to the lowest standards of anyone who has ever played this game. If just about anyone did what you do every day in a server, people would be all over them cursing them out telling them to shut up or demanding they be kicked or muted. You do it and everyone knows, thats spook, hes an asshole, its what he does (the admins fall victim to this mentality just as the players do). When the day comes that someone else does what you do for as long as you have done it and isnt banned for it after 2 years then you can say you are held to a higher standard, but that will never happen as i doubt anyone will ever be allowed to get away with as much as you have again.

Saying you did nto mean to offend anyone doesnt mean anything. All that matters is how the people in the server take it, and i doubt many of them like it. I dont play in seige anymore, but when i was starting out i did because seige is kind of like the D league of crpg and i was just learning to play. Anyways i was exposed to you, sometimes the stuff you said was funny, and at times it wore on me to the point where i really wished you weren't there, it gets old. Given my tolerance for this kind of talk which is much higher than the vast majority of palyers id have to imagine 80% of the palyers on there are not happy about it. I also being a casual seige player did not even know this forum existed, and didn't find out until months later, nor did i know i could complain about any of this. Not to mention most people who get banned technically are never reported by a player (few players go through the trouble of doing this even when intentionally tked multiple times as has happened to me), the admin notices the actions and takes matters into their own hands, and that is perfectly appropriate.

And comparing the rules of a server in a video game to real life laws isn't a realistic thing to do. This is not real life, this is a server owned by a group of people who do not like that kind of behavior, so they don't allow it. Again all that matters is what they think and what they want, one dev has already made his opinion known in this thread. If youd like you can buy your own server, then you can curse out anyone who comes in to play there. No doubt it will be full all the time.

And no one was expecting you to write a sincrere essay expressing your remorse for your actions, the only question there is now is will you stop doing this and behave appropriately. We did not need your in depth analysis of why the changing of American culture for the worse is reason to allow you to break the rules on a server owned by people who are not even American nor care about whatever it is your talking about. I need to stop wasting my time in these threads.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:03:52 pm by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
+1
Frankly, I'm not entirely sure why I should be forced to apologize for talking trash while other players are allowed to get away with it even though they may be conducting it on a more minor scale.
You let your dog take a crap in public on a business property, you get your wrist slapped and possibly a fine or a warning.
You let your dog crap in public on a business property every day every week every month, you go to court.

I now await your amazing tangent obvious-troll-is-obvious posts. Thank goodness that these forums exist when I am bored.

Regardless, you are not "forced" to apologize, just read what Paul said and that is pretty much the entire purpose of this thread.
I read it all, had some laughs and really hope for OP's mortal soul that he is just trolling. One point of those essays is for us to see if the subject understood why he was banned. With that we can permaban without remorse at the next similar offense because then we are sure he knew what he was doing.

Writing a "I knew what I was doing and I will do it again" essay saves us that trouble though
, thanks. Gut your fish elsewhere.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:16:40 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Post was so long I just had to + it up  :lol:

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
+14
1.  I'm essentially forced to issue an apology to the community; even though nobody from the community (that I know of) put forward a ban request on me with evidence to back it up.  This was purely a homework project by the admins themselves digging up log information in their spare time.

A) Someone requested we look through the logs.*

B) Literally everything we do here, even as admins, is in our spare time. No one wants go go through thousands of lines of text.

2. After my apology, I have a big target on my back for every player with a petty grudge to try and start shit with me attempting to goad me into asserting my dominance toward them.  They break the subjective guidelines in an attempt to get me to do the same.  Then they report me, get away with it, and I'm punished severely because the Admins hold my record above my head despite not starting the confrontation.

This is exactly how they feel when you speak to them. Why is it, do you think, that people have been directing their ire towards you so often in the form of abusive actions? It would be a taste of your own medicine, so to speak.

If the admins make trash talking and insult hurling 100% illegal, I'll be happy to follow those rules.  I can adapt to that easily.  Right now, that is not the case.  There's a huge grey area purposefully built into the rules as they stand. 

So why should I be held accountable and unprivileged to such behavior while others are allowed to continue doing the same thing at their leisure with no repercussion?
That's what I don't understand.

You've done it to the point where it isn't just trashtalking, it's a willful attempt to alienate entire servers of people. The rules have gray areas because we're still discovering and establishing the boundaries for them, it is an ongoing process. You, actually, are helping.

Considering that nobody came forward anytime recently with ban requests bolstering such claims with strictly shown evidence, I do not believe anyone is genuinely hurt by anything I've said.

*It was you who mentioned we should look through the logs.

As for the other thing, see the following under the spoiler:
(click to show/hide)

If I had intended to hurt you with anything I've said, and you were genuinely damaged by it emotionally, I would feel differently.  I'm not a monster or a strict sociopath.

If someone can convince me otherwise and that I was genuinely destroying the community or whatever,  I'm all ears.

I somehow doubt you could be convinced of other players' feelings, given your arguments and feelings on freedom.

Anyway, there's your "evidence" of people feeling so fed up with you that they willingly break the server rules to shut you up for a round. A pattern emerged where people did not like you because of what you were saying. I looked through the logs and found, well, hundreds of lines over the course of one day of instances where I would have muted you had I been online (and one time where I did mute you). You push the limits of the offensiveness rules, the chat abuse rules and then on top of that get under peoples' skin so specifically and intently that they feel compelled to act out against you. You are a negative impact on this community and you've made it clear that you intend to continue to be so.

As for the other people in this thread and the "freedom of speech" argument, the notion that Spook was banned for saying a few bad words is false. The content of his messages did impact why he was banned, but the context is much worse than that. If you want me to give you a Real Life True American example of why he's banned and not everyone else who calls people "bundle of stickss", just look up your state's local laws on disturbing the peace.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
+1
GG SPOOKFANS