Author Topic: Secondary modes explained? Also which wpf do they base off?  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
Re: Secondary modes explained? Also which wpf do they base off?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 09:39:33 pm »
Hm, probably I just don't have enough experience with using secondary mode, never thought it worth using, gonna try it.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 11:21:22 pm »
How do you know when it is changing to pierce or blunt? Just guess based on the animation and the look of the weapon?
I'm in favour of adding the secondary mode stats to the website. Now you either have to know, ask someone, or guess from the picture of the item. I've been playing this for so long (and actually using multiple weapons and classes, unlike those who've been 2h greatsword user for 3 years straight) that I know all the secondary modes by heart. Don't know all the stats, ofc, but I know what weapons change to what.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 01:55:50 am »
+4
Secondary mode 1H won't work as there's speed penalty (30%?) when you enter 2h mode. Just grab a Katana instead and spam that shit.

Damn noob doesn't know what he's talking about, don't listen to him.

@Milky:

1h with 2h secondary mode are: cudgel, military sickle, fighting axe and langes messer

1h with 2h secondary mode get all these bonus in 2h mode: +2 speed, +4 damage and 2h animation (except the langes messer which get the polearm thrusting animation) they all use 2h wpf in 2h mode.

All other 1h with secondary mode on the website are switch between 2 kind of damage with different stat. Still use 1h wpf.

2h with secondary get a 30% malus to speed and damage if you use them as 1h (this mode only work with a shield or on a horse) and will use 1h wpf.

2h also have another secondary mode which is polearm mode, use polearm wpf and don't get malus, just different stat and animation.

polearm with secondary mode are switch between 2 kind of damage with different stat. Still use polearm wpf.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:01:42 am by Dach »
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 10:51:33 am »
1h with 2h secondary mode get all these bonus in 2h mode: +2 speed, +4 damage and 2h animation (except the langes messer which get the polearm thrusting animation) they all use 2h wpf in 2h mode.

Only Fighting Axe receive +2 to speed and +4 to damage in 2H mode.  Sickle receive only +2 to damage and 0 to speed, and Langes receive +2 to damage and +2 to speed.

Also. do not forget about goedendag, this weapon is hilarious in 1h mode - onehander with 117 lenght, stab and knockdown. Doubt that you can outreach goedendag's right swing with anything. (Flamberge maybe)

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 10:09:29 pm »
oops  :oops: :mrgreen:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 10:25:20 pm »
Only Fighting Axe receive +2 to speed and +4 to damage in 2H mode.  Sickle receive only +2 to damage and 0 to speed, and Langes receive +2 to damage and +2 to speed.

Also. do not forget about goedendag, this weapon is hilarious in 1h mode - onehander with 117 lenght, stab and knockdown. Doubt that you can outreach goedendag's right swing with anything. (Flamberge maybe)

Goedendag's 1h mode can only be used when you equip a shield, and it only can do the thrusting animation.
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 11:48:56 pm »
Yay that's what I wanted to hear!

Also I changed my secondary mode key to Alt. I started using this with napoleonic wars since you switch to bayonets so often. It lets you go in and out of alt mode without removing your fingers from the wasd keys.
Sorry for not contributing to the thread but how is pressing x any different from pressing alt? You don't press x with your thumb? The keys are right on top of eachother.

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 01:13:28 am »
Sorry for not contributing to the thread but how is pressing x any different from pressing alt? You don't press x with your thumb? The keys are right on top of eachother.

I'd end up pressing alt+x instead. Thumb runs parallel to the keyboard, causing it to effectively only be able to hit the very bottom row keys.

Offline WhiteAndMilky

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 06:16:44 am »
It's a more comfortable position for the thumb to use, if you're going to be using the key constantly (Like in napoleonic for example)

I use the alt key in every game I ever play on PC, so it is a very comfortable key to use for me. And sometimes because of the weird angle for the thumb, the x key does not register the stroke, and it feels awkward for me.