• Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
Fun
« on: August 19, 2012, 12:14:52 pm »
+44
I have a couple of things to say.

All the maps are made so "perfect" that they don't have any funny places to go to (some might call them glitches). Is some map has some funny spot, it get's removed soon. For example Commercial city had places to hide while you watched teams run circle and you could take out lone wolfs. Also all roofs where it's hard to get are blocked by force field.

And about ladders. They brought creativity to the mod, escpeially in siege. It is stated that attackers could easily win with ladders, but I'm not sure if that was right, except in some maps. At least I don't remember that it was much harder to defend. Anyway they were funny, and I prefer fun before balance. Same thing goes to weapon racks and such (though amount of siege shields and such should be limited for defenders).

My last thing is about drowning. It might be realistic but it also limits your gameplay. CRPG used to have lot's of options to do, now it's just boring hack'n'slah (and shooting)

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
Re: Fun
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 12:16:48 pm »
+5
true story elmuri,bring back the ladders

I don't care was it advantage for archers or not...it was fun as hell
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1932
  • Infamy: 1565
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 12:47:09 pm »
+14
There are still one or two places they haven't patched, I hope they never find out.

Seriously, turning cRPG into hack&slash no brain fest, makes it boring. We already have siege for that and in siege, you can hide at secret places although you're not helping your team that way.

You're slowly turning this mod into some zombie cRPG, which is old cRPG melee tanks bashing each other but this time without strong ranged, variety of builds (I can officially say: R.I.P. hybrids) and less fun than ever.

I get more excitement earning gold on marketplace than actually playing cRPG...

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 01:26:34 pm »
+10
The "balance" lobby has won over the last couple of months a lot of battles (upkeep, no ladders, slower speed, map corrections, items revamp, turning nerf)  and the "fun" people not so much (valor, yells, rageball, chamber kicks... and when you dont like rageball its not much :mrgreen:).

If armor packs (and weapon packs!) were released more often, even if they were implemented in the game as gimmicks and/or in a "balanced" way (and with no overloading of the game engine... which I know from my small experience that is the main issue with adding more and more items IG) would keep the "fun" part of the community on its toes. This and the future patchs which should up the game speed a notch (wpf revamp) and some other gameplay tweaks for more fighting variety should vastly improve the way the community feels about this game.

But in the end, you cant please everyone with ONE game...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:29:37 pm by Butan »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 01:35:53 pm »
+1
There are still one or two places they haven't patched, I hope they never find out.

Seriously, turning cRPG into hack&slash no brain fest, makes it boring. We already have siege for that and in siege, you can hide at secret places although you're not helping your team that way.

You're slowly turning this mod into some zombie cRPG, which is old cRPG melee tanks bashing each other but this time without strong ranged, variety of builds (I can officially say: R.I.P. hybrids) and less fun than ever.

I get more excitement earning gold on marketplace than actually playing cRPG...
Same shit here, did play 10 mins or so the last days but done over 5 trades, its just fucked up, I have no fun by playin except on my Hoplite (funny strenght fuck)

All the maps are made so "perfect" that they don't have any funny places to go to (some might call them glitches). Is some map has some funny spot, it get's removed soon. For example Commercial city had places to hide while you watched teams run circle and you could take out lone wolfs. Also all roofs where it's hard to get are blocked by force field.

And about ladders. They brought creativity to the mod, escpeially in siege. It is stated that attackers could easily win with ladders, but I'm not sure if that was right, except in some maps. At least I don't remember that it was much harder to defend. Anyway they were funny, and I prefer fun before balance. Same thing goes to weapon racks and such (though amount of siege shields and such should be limited for defenders).

My last thing is about drowning. It might be realistic but it also limits your gameplay. CRPG used to have lot's of options to do, now it's just boring hack'n'slah (and shooting)

This guy is the one, praise him!
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 01:44:01 pm »
+4

+1

The changing battlefield with ladders was great. You never knew where the enemy was coming from. Now it's all boring and predictable. And slow. And samey.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 01:57:25 pm »
+4
nah, ladders were crap, every round was a massive camp fest on battle, with both teams camping one or another roof, and the infantry impotent to get at them.

It sucked ass.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 01:59:29 pm »
+2
Dont forget the (short) time when the map switched after 3 rounds - was harder to hold x5, but also gave alot of variety imho
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 02:04:32 pm »
I think some people are just getting bored of the game in general. Every game will do that to you if you play for years..putting ladders in, buffing ranged, having glitchy map areas, whatever..you will still get bored because you played it for years already. Take a break, do a stupid build that makes you totally underpowered, sell all looms, roleplay some stupid theme in a clan..

Personally I think the game is fun as hell but can still be improved without going backwards. I don't want people glitching maps, don't want OP ranged pew pew classes ruling servers, don't want people hiding on buildings with ladders. Do want harder cav, harder (yet rewarding) ranged etc. I don't think any of the recent melee nerfed were bad..I like that pole stagger is gone eventhough I am high level polearm. I have addapted to turn speed nerf. I think it had a good impact on mauler spammers and adds a little more skill to landing turning hits

I am quite apprehensive over the multi changes, think it could result in less team work (less reward for simply winning the round). I like that support damage is rewarded though

Shields are still a bit dumb. Need some more player skill when it comes to defending with a shield, less forcefield for melee hits etc
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 02:11:13 pm »
+1
It's now an old man's game, where you don't need to think outside a very limited routine or have reflexes. Everything is laid ready for you, charge the enemy spawn, you probably see them spawning already or they will always come from this same bottleneck. The best way to deal with an enemy mob is to run amongst them, since they can't get you with an overhead or they must risk a sideswing and teamkilling.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 02:17:17 pm »
+2
Make ladders siege only.

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1350
  • Infamy: 916
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 02:18:07 pm »
Ladders were an issue in battle, no doubt about that.

But I never suggested removal of ladders.

Actually wanted to see non realistic but functional ladders, that would weight 0 or some low weight and that would take zero or max 1 slot. That way everyone could have pocket ladders in order to counter ranged campers on roofs, at any time of the round without having to sacrifice speed.

Instead, they removed ladders and other siege equipment from battle...

I honestly think that old riding skill system was better (1 riding per 6 agi), that shield skill should use similar system. That way, people won't have to sacrifice a lot of points to be able to carry decent shields and ride horses. But no, they put more and more limitations and they still keep doing it.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 02:24:41 pm »
Actually wanted to see non realistic but functional ladders, that would weight 0 or some low weight and that would take zero or max 1 slot. That way everyone could have pocket ladders in order to counter ranged campers on roofs, at any time of the round without having to sacrifice speed.

That was the beauty of the ladders-everywhere system. Anyone could keep a pocket ladder in addition to their 2h sword and surprise the archer nest from behind. Surprisingly, not many did.

Again, whining won over fun and tactics.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:27:44 pm by Contra »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2635
  • Infamy: 1458
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 02:28:12 pm »
+3
Lizard Man was always carrying ladders :D

Problem was that ladders weight a ton and because of that you have to get rid of them early to be able to fight decently.

Those ladders were needed later, when ranged were already at roofs, but no one had them at that point.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 02:31:56 pm »
+1
Lizard Man was always carrying ladders :D

Problem was that ladders weight a ton and because of that you have to get rid of them early to be able to fight decently.

Those ladders were needed later, when ranged were already at roofs, but no one had them at that point.

That's a good point, a big weight reduction would have enabled people to keep them for the later stages as well.