Author Topic: Ranged are overlooked when calculating scores!  (Read 4734 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Ranged are overlooked when calculating scores!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 12:44:22 am »
+2
My thoughts exactly. More points for headshots will encourage skilled play from ranged if they want to do well, and help balance out the amount of points they lose for being far away from the melee.
Exactly.
Yep.. Arbalest is pretty hard on the points. Pull of a long range headshot, and get an amazing two points!  :mrgreen:
^ this is how it is currently.
Currently headshot points are nerfed, you will only get 2 points for a headshot kill. It is bugged, or definitely not working as intended.

Let me paint you a picture of a round I had the other day. it was the first round of a city map, That I don't know the name of. There is a thick corridor everyone meets at amongst the buildings that rise high above on both sides. The ground is flat. It is a 30 vs 30 battle. I have run with the front of my melee pack, and since it is flat the enemy hoard is headshot heaven...

I did 10 headshot kills in a row and had 21 points, was near bottom of my team in score and the top of my team nobody had more than 4 kills but all top 10 on scoreboard had 40+ and the top 3 had 50+ points. Should've screencapped that BS.
I killed a third of the enemy team from full hp to dead, but was in the bottom third of my team scorewise. Broken system.

Meanwhile if I had done bodyshots instead of headshots, I would usually twoshot, sometimes threeshot those people, getting 3 points per shot.
Do the math
if points for damage were working as intended, I should have been narrowly on top of my team's scoreboard.
(and I was by my melee team the entire time)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:58:53 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 08:36:41 am »
3 shots to kill my 30/9 friend from a distance. 3 points total. 3  shots into him near point blank? 8 points. I have a feeling distance lowers the points you get. Also hitting a guy 4 or 5 times with my side arm gives way more points than if I get a lucky face stab in and instagib someone.

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 02:27:07 am »
+1
Agreed.  I think the assist system would be better if it included points for someone dieing soon after you wounded them instead of or in addition to someone dieing near to you.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 01:18:15 am »
+1
3 shots to kill my 30/9 friend from a distance. 3 points total. 3  shots into him near point blank? 8 points. I have a feeling distance lowers the points you get. Also hitting a guy 4 or 5 times with my side arm gives way more points than if I get a lucky face stab in and instagib someone.

That's interesting. I wonder if you got points for the kill, and extra points for being in proximity of a kill. So when at long ranges, you only get points for the kill, but not the extra points for also being near a kill (even though you did the kill).
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 09:05:06 pm »
Try to be first in EU_1 New with a dedicated crosbowman :  Almost impossible... :mad:

Try playing a real class then!

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 07:39:18 pm »
+1
No matter how many kills you get as ranged, you will almost never beat a melee with half the kills.
It's the exact opposite for me on my archer. I am almost always top 5 on my team, if not top 5 for the whole server yet I rarely match other people in kills.

Played for about thirty minutes and got this screen shot showing the exact opposite of what you claimed. My archer is still only level 26, and it's also a hybrid with 5 ps as well (insignificant 20~ 1h wpf). I hadn't even struck anyone with my niuweidao when I took this screenshot.

It may have issues, but it's no where nearly as bad as you think it is. I have constantly seen ranged at the top of the score board, dedicated and hybrids, archers, xbowers and throwers. Ive seen ranged and cav fill the top with melee nowhere to be seen and I've seen the exact opposite as well.

Edit: That screenshot is without looms as well. I don't own a mw bow or arrows, imagine how it'd be if I did. I know I don't have to bring up how much stronger archers get when they have both loomed.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:42:24 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 07:44:01 pm »
And so what ?

Achers and crossbowmen did well enough when we had radius based xp.

And yeah if you need points just find a horse and do something with it.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 08:02:40 pm »
Seems to me I always gets 2 points per shot or something, *Throw a lance at a guys chest, guy got full hp* 2 points, *Shot a guy in the leg with an arrow on my my old friendcher alt* 2 points.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 08:13:27 pm »
Being archer isn't that bad but if you're using arbalest, you won't earn many points, that's for sure.

25-0 with atleast 22 arbalest kills and not even close to the top of the scoreboard...not sure if it's even possible to top the scoreboard as a arbalest user though to be honest

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 08:18:44 pm »
Nerf ranged. Look past the score system and they kill more than they should.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 08:33:45 pm »
+1

25-0 with atleast 22 arbalest kills and not even close to the top of the scoreboard...not sure if it's even possible to top the scoreboard as a arbalest user though to be honest
Siege.

Likely this is why I don't have a problem with the score system. It could be possible that the score system is just setup in such a way that makes it harder for archers to top the score board in siege than in battle. I get a lot of points from downing cav, but in siege where people don't use horses, there isn't really the option to get points that way. It could also be working as intended as well, siege is much less about kills and far more about objectives.

Whether it is or it isn't, what it should do, is take into account flag captures, flag touches and killing people who are on the flag. You should probably also get points slowly for defending the flag even if enemies aren't right on top of it.

Edit: Not sure why I didn't realize it earlier, but clearly the proximity bonus does far more for you in siege than in battle.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:39:50 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 10:08:37 pm »

Play real class and support people around you and capture or protect the flag, not just go for the kill. Where you were when there was 7 of your teammates in flag building fighting against lesser amount of my teammates ? Shooting totally unimportant people. Great. Guess what ? We protected the flag and won the round because I was fighting inside, preventing your team from capturing the flag.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:14:39 pm by Lech »

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 10:30:55 pm »
and you know why there were lesser of your teammates? because i was trying my best to cut they Way off for the support that were on their way to Flag so i don't get what your Problem is really

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 01:15:36 pm »
And you get 99 points during that round ( if i remember right). It was nearly enough for valor (you missed it by 5-15 points). You WOULD get it with similar performance during about 90% of rounds, it's just valor system which is too all-or-nothing.

I also sometimes miss valor by few points, happens.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 04:13:08 pm »
+1
This thread needs a bump...

Can't speak for the other ranged classes, but as a dedicated arby user, I am always near the bottom of the point rankings now. Before the new system (which I like in theory), I did much much better.  Most hits I only get 2-3 points for, kill or not.  If I were an archer and could fire off a ton of arrows, this would not be a problem, but as it takes 10 seconds to reload each time, there is NO way to keep up with the other players.  I just had a round where I hit with just about every bolt fired, and was barely in the middle of the rankings... Is this intended??? 2 points for a long range headshot is just stupid and insulting..

Extra points need to be awarded for long range shots and headshots, and maybe points given for arby shots just need to be increased in general.  Please fix this soon!!!

And before anyone argues with me about this, please grab an abry and try it yourself.
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.