Author Topic: 0.289 released  (Read 42872 times)

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
Re: 0.289 released
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2012, 09:14:53 pm »
Have to say that i think you are going about this the wrong way

The reason people are respeccing is because early on in Strat there is no Cav which means archers are king.  No Cav means archers are free to kite as much as they want without fear.  Once Strat gets far enough that we have Cav again all these respeccers will respec right back to melee/cav again.

What needs to happen is the following

1) Decrease the cost of the lighter horses
2) Increase in the cost of the heavier bows/xbows.
3) Fix Cav spawns (if not already done)
4) Prevent Spawning when there are enemies within 1 or 2m of a spawn flag.  This will mean that teams have to defend in FRONT of their spawn.  Currently most teams defend behind it and just charge down when needed.  This allows defending archers to hug the hill that usually occurs at the edge of the map meaning their backs are always protected.  Force them forward and they are then more vulnerable to flanking attacks and less OP.
5) Make Shield requirements strength based for Strat.  Without skill even the decent 1 slot shields will break in melee quickly so they are only really useful vs archers.  It also means better formations instead of 30 2Hs hiding behind 5 Shielders

This.

+

This looks like a vicious cycle. You basically removed cavalry from strat. Archers became free and deadly. Now you remove archers from strat. Infantry became free and deadly. Hope you will remove infantry soon, so that trees will become free and deadly.

Solution is simple: bring back cav.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2012, 12:23:24 am »
+1
people keep quoting that... but making shield based off str is terrible. you wanna see 39/3 shielders with unbreakable shields who tons of damage? no thanks.

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2012, 12:29:11 am »
What if there was a way to base a cetain amount of shield off strength?  Say, for example, you can only get a maximum of 3 shield from STR and if you wish for higher shield it would come from AGI (You would have to have at least 12 AGI to get the 4th point for shield).  This would be the only way I see this working.
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2012, 12:35:06 am »
+3
people keep quoting that... but making shield based off str is terrible. you wanna see 39/3 shielders with unbreakable shields who tons of damage? no thanks.

Shield skill will still be agility based.  It is the Shield Requirement that would be Strength based.

So 39/3 will be able to use a Huscarl or Steel Shield but only with 1 Shield Skill meaning it should break pretty quickly in melee but will protect you from ranged nicely.  If needed, basic shield stats can be lowered and shield skill can be buffed but i'd test it a bit first

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2012, 12:39:51 am »
Actually I guess chadz fixed the archery. Thats what he said at the beginning of a strat battle a couple of hours ago ...

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2012, 12:12:00 pm »
Shield skill will still be agility based.  It is the Shield Requirement that would be Strength based.

So 39/3 will be able to use a Huscarl or Steel Shield but only with 1 Shield Skill meaning it should break pretty quickly in melee but will protect you from ranged nicely.  If needed, basic shield stats can be lowered and shield skill can be buffed but i'd test it a bit first

i could live with that, but if everyone jacks my shields and gets them broken in 1 hit id be sad D:

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2012, 08:13:20 pm »
i could live with that, but if everyone jacks my shields and gets them broken in 1 hit id be sad D:
People jacking your shields and waste them will be a problem the same way people can jack your crossbows and waste them.

Nothing physically stops them, but fuck no if anyone will accept them in strat battles again.

(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Akhilles

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Sniper15/3D modelling,rigg,obrf,skeleton,animation
    • View Profile
    • [LOTR]BiTW
  • Faction: ReborN
  • Game nicks: ReborN_Rudis
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2012, 08:21:52 pm »
Swords and spears unable mesh= brf files failed repear brf files.Texture,normal and specular map failed.New fix pack pls.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2012, 09:06:44 pm »
YaY! By adding the hurricane-effect on arrows archery is now utterly useless in strat =D

Tried to aim for archers far behind our infantry today and *swoooooosh* arrow changed its mind and hits teammates. The dmg-nerf might be alright and encouraged teamplay with other archers, but the range for that effect is way too small.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2012, 09:36:36 pm »
YaY! By adding the hurricane-effect on arrows archery is now utterly useless in strat =D

Tried to aim for archers far behind our infantry today and *swoooooosh* arrow changed its mind and hits teammates. The dmg-nerf might be alright and encouraged teamplay with other archers, but the range for that effect is way too small.

The veering arrows is a bug

The speed and damage changes have been reverted according to BattalGazi

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2012, 10:21:15 pm »
The veering arrows is a bug

The speed and damage changes have been reverted according to BattalGazi

Yeah, i just noticed on the grey-battle. Thank god xD

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2012, 10:23:06 pm »
Well I attended a strat battle ( Saracens vs Templars theme battle ), there I saw shazbot, or as widely known chadz, reported at the beginning of the game that the archery thing is reverted.

I was there as a horse archer and my shots were quite accurate but not deadly. I can easily say that the hurricane effect was removed. But I still doubt about the damage thingy, my shots were either not deadly because I was using tatars against heavy armor or the decrease of damage was still there.

Lets hear what the donkey says about this.

Offline Germanicus

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2012, 10:42:47 pm »
i am a huge fan of the respawn timer there, excellent idea i think, as the battles stand as of current it's basically a TDM ... longer respawn timers makes a lot of sense and lowers the capability of the suiciders to grief.

Kudos.

The archer damage - 50%, right, this is dumb. No offense, but at 7 PD with tatar arrows and a horn bow my arrows would regularly bounce (thus no damage or stun) from people with 65+ body armour (meaning a lot of people). If the damage is halved, the amount of arrows that bounce will be absolutely insane. If all our arrows bounce off heavy armour, what's the point in shooting twice as fast ?

I think it is rather ridiculous that with a simple sword, 100 WPF and 7 PS i can quite easily kill a tincan, however with 7 PD, the third best arrows (tatar) and a horn bow, i can hardly touch a tincan. I understand you want to make the game more logistical, which is great, but i think this is a wrong change.

if you dont wanna have bounces, buy an xbow thats exactly what theyre made for, to penetrate armor which bows wasnt able
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else." - Winston Churchill

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2012, 09:21:30 pm »
+1
IDK about anyone else but my Crpg is having issues with normal text like you are reading now. It is just big squares where normal text should be.

I tried re downloading the new launcher and repairing it. I have been  starting it up every day to see if an update is available and also using "repair". Still nothing to fix this issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated  :D

Edit: Going to just delete everything and re download mod since many people says that fixes the issue.......

Edit again: That fixed it  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:45:42 pm by Shadowren »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2012, 10:19:37 pm »
IDK about anyone else but my Crpg is having issues with normal text like you are reading now. It is just big squares where normal text should be.

I tried re downloading the new launcher and repairing it. I have been  starting it up every day to see if an update is available and also using "repair". Still nothing to fix this issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated  :D

Edit: Going to just delete everything and re download mod since many people says that fixes the issue.......

Edit again: That fixed it  :mrgreen:

Thanks for posting this, I was concerned!