Author Topic: 0.289 released  (Read 42879 times)

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
Re: 0.289 released
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2012, 05:19:38 pm »
chadz ; i know you like changes but here is my humble idea ; instead of changing strategus in every round why we don't have 1 version without any bugs ?

I mean these sieges ; lagapults , siege towers , forwards bases which are awesome and totally fun to play ; we already got everything and im pretty sure we like it at all. But when you try or put something new to strategus which totally aiming to change whole game ofcourse it makes some bugs.

It is really hard to manage a faction and also it needs time so we are trying to make our factions to get moar power every round ; we are preparing with old stuff not with the new changes that we don't know.

I am pretty sure most of players on strategus just want to fight not really manage the little things ; strategus must not be known by only faction leaders. Just make it simple

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2012, 05:28:18 pm »
+1
I like additions like catapults, siege towers, ballistas, burning oil (buildable shit in general), shieldwall bonus, strategus itself and the like. If they just worked on what they had, cRPG would never have gotten any of the awesome things that we have now.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2012, 05:39:06 pm »
+2
chadz ; i know you like changes but here is my humble idea ; instead of changing strategus in every round why we don't have 1 version without any bugs ?

I mean these sieges ; lagapults , siege towers , forwards bases which are awesome and totally fun to play ; we already got everything and im pretty sure we like it at all. But when you try or put something new to strategus which totally aiming to change whole game ofcourse it makes some bugs.

It is really hard to manage a faction and also it needs time so we are trying to make our factions to get moar power every round ; we are preparing with old stuff not with the new changes that we don't know.

I am pretty sure most of players on strategus just want to fight not really manage the little things ; strategus must not be known by only faction leaders. Just make it simple

That is the point of him changing stuff now prior to the wipe. The devs are testing stuff out to see what they want for next strat. The game isn't in beta and we aren't about to start the fourth version of strat because it is a finished product.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2012, 07:35:11 pm »
there was a lot of sieges lately and on siege archers did good, but now in field battle there was no archer with positive KD ratio. its already bad enough to play archer, and with the new patch next strat i doubt there will be any

i know a lot of archers who just waiting right now to see if this new archer system will stay - they will all re-spec, if it won't stay maybe they will keep playing archer.
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Shrug Hard.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shrugger
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2012, 09:43:24 pm »
+1
It appears that the game will not show the weight values of equipment below 0.3 weight.

Is this a display error, an intentional omission to confuse player, or are these items actually weightless?

I ask because the c-prg.net page does still list these items with their weight values.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

RUN FAST. HIT HARD. DEATH AND GLORY!

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2012, 11:44:31 pm »
+3
Have to say that i think you are going about this the wrong way

The reason people are respeccing is because early on in Strat there is no Cav which means archers are king.  No Cav means archers are free to kite as much as they want without fear.  Once Strat gets far enough that we have Cav again all these respeccers will respec right back to melee/cav again.

What needs to happen is the following

1) Decrease the cost of the lighter horses
2) Increase in the cost of the heavier bows/xbows.
3) Fix Cav spawns (if not already done)
4) Prevent Spawning when there are enemies within 1 or 2m of a spawn flag.  This will mean that teams have to defend in FRONT of their spawn.  Currently most teams defend behind it and just charge down when needed.  This allows defending archers to hug the hill that usually occurs at the edge of the map meaning their backs are always protected.  Force them forward and they are then more vulnerable to flanking attacks and less OP.
5) Make Shield requirements strength based for Strat.  Without skill even the decent 1 slot shields will break in melee quickly so they are only really useful vs archers.  It also means better formations instead of 30 2Hs hiding behind 5 Shielders

This man is a genius
Just a soldier

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2012, 11:53:06 pm »
New valour system is plain shit... if you watch it, its the same ppl getting valour every round. Seriously?
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline TommyHu

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2012, 08:56:38 am »
last strat battle I was in didn't seem to keep the +2 sec per death going. at one point, around 15ish deaths, I only had a +5 or so timer. meaning it was a 20 sec spawn with 15 deaths. which was kind of nice considering Im not a fan of the new spawn/death system. Seems to me that the new spawn system only exaggerates the losing once your team is starting to fall. I personally don't understand the need to, in your words: make it so we play more tactically. If everyone on your team just continues to hold W and return to the front willy nilly it doesnt bode well for your team before the new spawn system. Now it just makes it a lot tougher to come back from an early asskicking. Not only that it really only seems to affect the defenders. When attacking your team naturally has more time/distance to get organized and charge as a unit. When defending, if you actually defend your village and not push out, you're naturally only a few steps from your flags, and if you start to get handicapped by the spawn times you have no real chance of regaining/neturalizing the front

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2012, 09:33:03 am »
+1
Have to say that i think you are going about this the wrong way

The reason people are respeccing is because early on in Strat there is no Cav which means archers are king.  No Cav means archers are free to kite as much as they want without fear.  Once Strat gets far enough that we have Cav again all these respeccers will respec right back to melee/cav again.
Aren't 80% of the strat battles castle and town sieges, where cav can't do shit?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2012, 10:02:54 am »
+2
Aren't 80% of the strat battles castle and town sieges, where cav can't do shit?

Got a point there.

Offline Plavor

• Baron
  • Renown: 83
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Yoshis are dragons, not dinos!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Plavor
  • IRC nick: Plavor
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2012, 11:00:55 am »

In 50% of the townsieges, cav are really useful if gates are open, they can charge in and push the defenders back or they can just fight in the open field or defend the flags..

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2012, 11:12:13 am »

Right now they are because the final EU fiefs are being mopped up.  You forget the vast numbers of Village Battles though

So far I have participated in
- 58 Battles (14 of which were no shows or just 1 enemy)
- 73 Village Sieges (8 of which were no shows)
- 12 Castle Sieges
- 9 Town Sieges

Its only rough and i'm not the biggest AI siege XP whore, but even if you doubled the Town and Castle Sieges they would still be the minority rather than the 80% you predict

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2012, 01:11:34 pm »
+2
Is there a stats thing for that or you are crazy enough to count them manually ?

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2012, 06:22:28 pm »
Is there a stats thing for that or you are crazy enough to count them manually ?

Copy and paste into excel and then do your own stats thing.  I don't have enough fingers and toes to manually count :D

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2012, 07:12:22 pm »
+1

Village battles are the most common. Cav is very useful in those (most pubby maps ffs) but in this strat it took a long time for any significant numbers of cav to show, way after most villages had been mopped up and fought over, simply because of cost. If light cav was cheaper it would make a big difference early on.