Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 27209 times)

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2012, 02:38:27 pm »
All these problems have a solution (and I know I'll have some "-" from heroes :wink:):

1) Slow down archers when they're holding left mouse button. Kiting archers - problem solved.
2) Make high WPF restrictions for reloading Heavy Crossbow and Arbalest. Everyone can use them still but not reload. Hybrid crossbowmen with 100+ melee wpf and 1 wpf arbalest users - problem solved.
3) Make ranged block-stun a little bit bigger. So you don't need to come at point blank to stun them. Kiting and jumping pointblank archers and crossbowmen - problem solved.
4) Make maneuver penalties for holding an attack button for cavalry. Horse Crossbowmen and Horse Archers won't be able to ride like bosses without hands (it won't be a nerf since HA, HC and HT will have a serious damage buff next patch due to speed bonus). Problem solved.
5) Nerf Destrier. It's the best horse currently for its price. Probably armour and health points should go less. Destrier invasion - problem solved.

Give this man some money!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2012, 02:48:18 pm »
+4
cRPG has hardened.. that's the problem. Also it's slowly dripping in fewer and fewer noobs to prey on, and there are mostly old-timers left.

Back in the day, skill levels were much more varied than now, where good players could play like they wanted with any strange or gimped build, and still do well.

Now, to do well, mediocre players are playing more and more cynical builds, like lame-playing cav and high level+high loom archery. Also, everyone seems to have looms. These are builds and playstyles players used to shun away from, but now it's becoming a way to survive and get some kills. Same with STR builds and long ass weapons with tons of armor.

The skill levels are so equalized that gear and build matters much more than before.

For c-rpg to be fun again, I'd say we need a vision of what kind of game we want. Personally I'd love to see cav and ranged nerfed hard, since getting kills are too easy with these classes and it's boring to die to them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2012, 02:52:47 pm »
Well, come Siege like the others who are feddup with all this Ranged/Pike/Cav spam.
I just changed from archer to 1H (Most of the time no shield, MW Simple Sword is niice :D)
and feel ways better now, archery is pretty challenging in some ways but too boring for me,
I love melee too much to destroy all the nice fights by shooting into em.

I think most of the ranged and pikers will get to the point when they miss real melee and change
to some more satisfying class than this gankshit.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2012, 02:58:37 pm »
Long spears and pikes area little OP but not that much, people think they can just out spam a long spear with lots of hits and not either bother about blocking. It has one attack direction in which people are incapable of blocking. Down block and be patient against long spears and you will beat them 10/10 times
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2012, 02:59:50 pm »
Honestly if people like playing a class, there's nothing to do about. You can't limit a class if people like playing them.

You can always ask yourself WHY do people like to play a certain class. In most cases the biggest part of the motivation will be the efficiency. You can see it very well at the (rather) UP classes like hoplite or thrower. Killing is fun, if you can't kill with a class you won't have much fun, at least most people won't. On the other hand, if you can kill a lot with a class, it will be fun.

Bottom line: nerfs lower popularities of a class. So there is something you can do about it. Next to some other solutions like the more XP the scarcer you class is. (Btw. I am against nerfing archers or cavalry, but buffing infantry)
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2012, 03:07:27 pm »
I all ready knew this would happen the day they gave peirce dmg on bodkins touche devs are promoting skill less classes like archery pray n spray n run...

Cav on the other hand is fine if you ask me you cant buff people´s awareness with any patch..
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2012, 03:08:05 pm »
All these problems have a solution (and I know I'll have some "-" from heroes :wink:):

1) Slow down archers when they're holding left mouse button. Kiting archers - problem solved. -Will basically just make archers like crossbowmen with higher requirements, and like a lot of xbowies they'll still kite, just run longer before reloading...
2) Make high WPF restrictions for reloading Heavy Crossbow and Arbalest. Everyone can use them still but not reload. Hybrid crossbowmen with 100+ melee wpf and 1 wpf arbalest users - problem solved.
3) Make ranged block-stun a little bit bigger. So you don't need to come at point blank to stun them. Kiting and jumping pointblank archers and crossbowmen - problem solved.
4) Make maneuver penalties for holding an attack button for cavalry. Horse Crossbowmen and Horse Archers won't be able to ride like bosses without hands (it won't be a nerf since HA, HC and HT will have a serious damage buff next patch due to speed bonus). Problem solved. -So, what you're saying is that HAs should just play stationary and that the very fun of being horseranged totally isn't that you can maneuver like shit, moving around while dodging arrows and lancers, getting into good spots while dodging and shooting, that kinda shit, so, basically you wanna make horseranged be like ground ranged except faster and weaker and less dodgeable.
5) Nerf Destrier. It's the best horse currently for its price. Probably armour and health points should go less. Destrier invasion - problem solved. -I can't believe so many people are hating on coursers and arabians when they get onehit and barely deal bump damage, destriers can last several bolts, arrows, and hits and their bumps 1 hit light armored players at high speeds.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ego_HRE

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire / Coalition
  • Game nicks: Ego_HRE
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2012, 03:10:04 pm »
+2
I dont know...where is the proplem?
Current imbalances?
Seeing a archer..take a shild (make a shild-char..or shildwall ingame)
Seeing a Horsemen..take a poolarm (a good 2h'er can handle this to)
There is a solution for everything and do you know why???
There r playing ca.100 ppl on this server...play in a clan or better as ONE team!
The problem r the egoists on the battlefield.Watch ur men to the right and left, open ur eyes...help them and u will survive.Use the voice comands usefull and all things will be good.
The balance in this game are fine..there r a lot of ppl who makes a good job to fix some mistakes, but anyone whines always.
I hope...u will understand my opinion.I know my english is terreble, but i wanted to try.
thx :mrgreen:

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2012, 03:11:00 pm »
Only reason why I would like an archery nerf is because I'm curious to see what's next on the menu.

Already happened, it was a total imballance. Hopefully the devs learned from it.

I all ready knew this would happen the day they gave peirce dmg on bodkins touche devs are promoting skill less classes like archery pray n spray n run...

Cav on the other hand is fine if you ask me you cant buff people´s awareness with any patch..

Archery is the skilless class? Why is it me and most people kill a lot more as a 2hander than an archer? And why is it that your average inf seems so easy to beat in melee, even when Im using an archer build? Talk about skill why dont you.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 03:14:44 pm by Adamar »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2012, 03:11:49 pm »
+2
cRPG has hardened.. that's the problem. Also it's slowly dripping in fewer and fewer noobs to prey on, and there are mostly old-timers left.

Back in the day, skill levels were much more varied than now, where good players could play like they wanted with any strange or gimped build, and still do well.

Now, to do well, mediocre players are playing more and more cynical builds, like lame-playing cav and high level+high loom archery. Also, everyone seems to have looms. These are builds and playstyles players used to shun away from, but now it's becoming a way to survive and get some kills. Same with STR builds and long ass weapons with tons of armor.

The skill levels are so equalized that gear and build matters much more than before.

For c-rpg to be fun again, I'd say we need a vision of what kind of game we want. Personally I'd love to see cav and ranged nerfed hard, since getting kills are too easy with these classes and it's boring to die to them.

You are mentioning something relevant, but I don't think nerfing cav and ranged is the magical answer to everything.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2012, 03:18:32 pm »
Kills are easy with cav, not with archery. I thought this was known by now.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2012, 03:20:25 pm »

Agree with Zlisch here. HA is all about maneuver, shooting arrows at high speed and dodging other cav and infantry. Do not nerf them in any way!
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2012, 03:27:18 pm »
Agree with Zlisch here. HA is all about maneuver, shooting arrows at high speed and dodging other cav and infantry. Do not nerf them in any way!
Besides shooting at high speeds if your target ain't 100% stationary and infront of you is much harder than hiding in a ruin somewhere on the map with an xbow standing stationary and being A LOT better protected from other cav/ranged/infantry/players in general than HA are with their maneuver.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2012, 03:29:51 pm »
Considering that 'nerf cav' and 'nerf archers' threads have been around since the dawn of time, I don't think that cRPG has really 'come to' much of anything different.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2012, 03:31:45 pm »

You are mentioning something relevant, but I don't think nerfing cav and ranged is the magical answer to everything.

Me neither. We had enough nerfs.

How about this:

- Every spearman/pikeman/hoplite player gives every other infantry player around him +1 on ATH
- Every shieldman player gives every other infantry player around him +1 IF
- Every 2handed/halberd player gives every other infantry player around him +1 PS

(or any other combination, it's just an example)

You can never receive the bonus of your own class, which means if you are a 2hander and there are other 2handers around you, you still don't get a PS bonus.

Hopefully this will motivate infantry players to stick with other classes, creating a deadly cluster of doom.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)