Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 27270 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 1942
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 01:08:44 pm »
I must admit I'm having issues with cav atm but that's because this stupid 1H thrust glances on horses most of the time. If it was reliable like 2H thrust I wouldn't mind cav at all. Sure, 1H thrust is not long as 2H thrust but it's long enough to deal with most lancers.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 01:10:05 pm »
Cav is fun if you are a dick, ranged is fun if you're bad at everything else in the game (same applies for 1handers with shield or long polearms).  Everyone knows this.  But anyways..

Game would be way better if lancing (and possibly all mounted weapons, including crossbows) did 25 percent less damage, had no cav/shield forcefield, and had slower acceleration.

Rus Bows need to be nerfed, along with the heirloom benefits of arrows and all bows.  Archer looms give you exponentially more benefit then any other class, to the point where I imagine a fully loomed Rus Bow archer with cookie cutter 18/21 build could do nearly twice the damage of a non loomed archer.

These are the most blatantly obvious and required balance changes in the mod IMO, just look at the damage done statistics posted sometimes, or you know, actually try to play on a primetime battle server.  Rus Bow spam that 1-2 shots any infantry player, Lance Cav spam that 1-2 shots any infantry player, both classes moving so much faster than any infantry player, while both classes can engage at a far bigger distance than any infantry player.  More speed, more range, more versatility, easier time on most maps.. despite all of that, they do WAY more damage too. 

With these not drastic balance changes, a good amount of the playerbase won't think cRPG is now shit compared to Native.  cRPG is definitely more balanced, but the current imbalances are being abused to no end by the playerbase to ruin the game for everyone else.  Ranged and cav require infinitely less skill while doing several times more damage with several times less of a chance to endanger yourself.  Fix Please.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 01:12:16 pm »
+3

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 01:16:35 pm »
You should wait until they implement speed bonus for HA/HT/HX and then come back to qq.
Can't fucking wait, gonna be awesome being able to kill 4 other cavalry a round.

Also, give lancer my old friends their lance angle back, and make them loud as fuck, and more maneuverable, that way cav vs cav battled will take more skill than timing your hit right, remove blocking from lances, and make  heavy lances 3 slot, then stop adding perfect camping spots on every map which are unaccesible to cav so the shit archers will die quickly due to being stabbed in the back 'cuss they got no awareness, and the shit cav will die quickly due to not being capable of handling high maneuver and an insane lancing angle and that other cav will now have the ability to kill them, decent archers would still be decent, I recall so many times I've charged blackbows back only to have him turn around and headshot me. :(
Then you'd only need to remove shield forcefield, edit the blocking animation shit for shields so you can move your shield all the way from your toes to your head so blocking arrows requires skill and not just shield skill crutching, and finally nerf the shit out of greatswords, then this mod would be balancedish.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:23:56 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 01:25:32 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

I have been so offended when I read this,and haven't seen Deserters.......you are not my friend anymore !
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2012, 01:35:53 pm »
+2
I still manage fine.

But dodging arrows and horses requires more concentration than what I'm usually willing to give this game. I play to relax, and usually it's closer to work just to reach the melee. It's why I don't play as much on battle anymore, or the game in general.

Then again, I usually run around alone without any consideration for teamwork.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2012, 01:41:36 pm »
Khorin, are you seriously saying that archers and cav were easier to deal with in the past? What version, specifically?

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 01:56:26 pm »
+1
Not necessarily. I'm saying that in general I've been forced to focus on the game more. It could be simply that I don't play as much and therefore am a worse player than before.

But cav was easy back when all ninjas had pocket bamboo spears(was pretty wrong, though). Cav has always been a problem for ninjas, simply because we are not equipped to deal with them. Either too little range to win lancers or we get bump-slashed. Requires some odd tactics to catch cav off guard.
However, dodging arrows that I see coming is easier, this much I agree. It just seems that there are more arrows that I don't see coming.

I guess just being a flanking ninja is harder nowadays, when there's a ton of cav and other players flanking aswell. Used to be fairly empty there, not so much now.

Can't say which version I'm talking about, because I rarely pay any attention to patch notes or any game mechanics. I just play until I figure out what to do.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2012, 02:01:58 pm »
+1
Khorin:

Aika kultaa muistot :wink:

(sorry English readers, I don't think there's a matching phrase in the glorious language of the internets)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2012, 02:02:18 pm »
I still manage fine.

But dodging arrows and horses requires more concentration than what I'm usually willing to give this game. I play to relax, and usually it's closer to work just to reach the melee. It's why I don't play as much on battle anymore, or the game in general.

Then again, I usually run around alone without any consideration for teamwork.

Yeah that's why I long ago stopped the traditional ninja flanking, there's usually either 10 cav or 10 archers waiting for you when you try. And since I can take only 1 arrow (or max 2 if lucky, with 52 body armor) to the body without dying, it's sometimes pretty hard to get to melee part. Best way I've found to get something done is to just wait few mins at start, then hope there's someone close enough to hit few times. But such passive playstyle tends to get boring very fast.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 675
  • Infamy: 2528
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2012, 02:08:18 pm »
+1
What has cRPG battle come to?

EU1 - every 3 hours some "nation" rolls the server, they are mostly in the same clan: french, turks, russians.
EU4 - eternal darkness and robin and his retarded friends 24/7

Maybe I should try siege as well.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2012, 02:17:33 pm »
Huh? Battle?Siege? This is an eConomy Role Playing Game, the one with the most gold at wipe is the winner!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1986
  • Infamy: 2040
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2012, 02:20:48 pm »
That's the only interesting part, Torost. Hopefully I'll catch Gazda at some point.

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2012, 02:22:44 pm »
+2
Well

I like it :D

Might be related to me getting to shoot at shitloads of horses, topping the scoreboard just by going batshitcrazy, riding into anyone, shooting at anything that looks remotely like a horse (sry gnjus) and dying horribly and too soon

and afterwards I can take a piss.

Life's good now  :D

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2012, 02:35:25 pm »
+13
All these problems have a solution (and I know I'll have some "-" from heroes :wink:):

1) Slow down archers when they're holding left mouse button. Kiting archers - problem solved.
2) Make high WPF restrictions for reloading Heavy Crossbow and Arbalest. Everyone can use them still but not reload. Hybrid crossbowmen with 100+ melee wpf and 1 wpf arbalest users - problem solved.
3) Make ranged block-stun a little bit bigger. So you don't need to come at point blank to stun them. Kiting and jumping pointblank archers and crossbowmen - problem solved.
4) Make maneuver penalties for holding an attack button for cavalry. Horse Crossbowmen and Horse Archers won't be able to ride like bosses without hands (it won't be a nerf since HA, HC and HT will have a serious damage buff next patch due to speed bonus). Problem solved.
5) Nerf Destrier. It's the best horse currently for its price. Probably armour and health points should go less. Destrier invasion - problem solved.