Poll

Do archers deserve cover from lancers, infantry ('cuss they can kite eternally and infantry can't ever do shit against archers), and other ranged?

Yes archers need to be able to hide there even though it's basically roofcamping 'cept that up here there is better cover and while infantry can go up there it's still suicide and they're guaranteed to not even kill one archer.
22 (51.2%)
No, this is fucking bullshit, if they want cover from ranged they should bring a siege shield, if they want cover from cav they should bring some unimplemented anti cav spikes and if they want cover from inf they can just kite away.
10 (23.3%)
No, what's the point of removing roofcamping when every fucking my old friendcher will be camping one of these rooftops now?
7 (16.3%)
Yes, even though it's basically roofcamping, also, readd roofcamping, definitely wasn't retard to have invincible roofmonkey archers.
4 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Really fucking tired of those "ruin" buildings in every fucking map  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
Re: Really fucking tired of those "ruin" buildings in every fucking map
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 04:02:20 pm »
Yeah random plains are awful, but I hear you man, we could use some more props in the mod.  My only complaint about the ruins is it breaks my immersion knowing this ruin looks just like the other 3000 ruins I've climbed up over the years.  Archers are fine though.  Just avoid it altogether, or use ranged of your own when advancing.  I know there have been some ridiculous clutches and standoffs in those ruins, but they usually consist of a few shields and polearms on defense too.  The game needs that kind of nonsense sometimes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 04:26:12 pm »
So, archers should stand in an open field where cav, other archers, and godzilla for all I care can rape them at leisure? There are like a million places they can camp that aren't 100% unaccasible for cav. Um, no.  Buildings only deter the hardest counter for archers, cav. And well, that shouldn't fucking happen, one thing is giving archers an advantage, but letting people camp rooftops and be unreachable is just plane retarded  It's not OP, it's rock, paper, scissors, balance. Dude, mount and blade is not a rock paper scissors game, if you're sufficiently better than your opponent in all other cases than archery vs something else then you'll win, archery is the only thing which if played somewhat noneretardedly will be invincible to every class in game 'cept other ranged players, so, if cRPG is rock, paper, scissors then genius, please fucking tell me how it makes sense that an aware archer noob will often beat an aware pro cav which you stated earlier was the archers natural fucking counter (as in, rocks paper), and now, retard, please explain to me how if cav is archerys counter you should be able to gain full fucking cav immunity, the entire claim that you shits deserve immunity from cavalry is extremely retarded and basically every statement you make is false or hypocritical.  If there's a building with 100 archers crammed in it and you can't assault (cause you're a useless cav in a city map), you pull a trick out of Nord Assault.  Wait for the flag. GG.

Hey, or you could bring a 1h and get off the damn pony. So, let's give arrows one arrow per quiver, you could just bring a 1h and change weapon.

Next, well see a guy complaining at length why shields are so OP because they can just walk right up to him and slaughter him in that ruined building.  Again. Next we'll see a guy complaining that shields don't do shit against archers 'cuss archers can outrun shielders and if there are more than 1 archer they can just gank the shielder and have one guy shoot him from each side.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Sumdum Takeda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 04:32:58 pm »
lol  Zilch, you're either a troll or a complete noob.  Period.  Archers only outrun you and are invincible if your are a fucking retard with 18+ strength and a 1h/shield spec.  Explain that to me.  Do you need your heavy gauntlets to feel special?  And, "You Archers don't deserve cav immunity because you stand in one spot."  Is that a serious argument?  Get a shield.  Learn to play.  Never die to another archer.  Ever.

Or be a fucking noob and bitch because you can't easy-mode kill archers.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 04:33:12 pm »
+3
Perhaps as a throwing cav leave them alone?  You dont have to try to kill anyone you see.  Learn to prioritize targets better and let your shielder friends go to town on the archers that decided to hide in an enclosed area they cant easily kite away from.  Every situation calls for a different type of troop, and that is one of the few that cav are not called for.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 05:19:26 pm »
+1
And, "You Archers don't deserve cav immunity because you stand in one spot." Is that a serious argument?
Yes it is, but I get your point, from now on, I want 2 spots on every map that are perfectly accessible, and were archers can't shoot at or from, same base argument, but anyway, I'm just gonna label you a retard and ignore you.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 05:51:38 pm »
+2
if they are unreachable how did the archers get there... If you cant go up a ladder without being shot thats your problem leave them for shielders.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2012, 06:09:30 pm »
+2
As a horse thrower I think your best utility is as a cav hunter, particularly HA's. With the speed bonus change that devs have said is already in the works the class itself will probably become a lot deadlier.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 06:10:16 pm »
+1
The mapmakers have edited most maps now so there is very little possiblities to roofcamp, most places where archer get a little elevation are very exposed. For an archer to work effectivly he needs to be able to focus on pewpewing, and not constantly be on guard for backstabbing melee and outoftheblue cav.Let the other ranged and shielder deal with ranged nests.

Tip: Cav that is being chased by other cav, swing by your local archernest and let your persuer get som arrows in the face.
Same goes for infantry, if it gets tough, pull the fight in LOS of rangednest, and stay clear of the enemy.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 06:21:20 pm »
if they are unreachable how did the archers get there...
They're unreachable for cavalry, can't just give archers 100% immunity to one class while still being able to efficiently damage them, it's fucking retarded, and, getting up on those ruins is impossible unless the my old friendchers up there are outnumbered 5:1 or shit like that, and even then they can easily exit the ruin and kite over to some other ruin 'cuss there are like 50 of them in every fucking map.
For an archer to work effectivly he needs to be able to focus on pewpewing, and not constantly be on guard for backstabbing melee and outoftheblue cav.Let the other ranged and shielder deal with ranged nests.
Ok, and for a 2h hero to be able to work effectivly he needs to be able to focus on fighting, and not constantly dodge arrows and be on guard for backstabbing melee and outoftheblue cav.
And for a cav to be able to work effectivly he needs to be able to focus on backstabbing not dodging arrows.
You can watch out for cav while you're reloading your bow, aim once you're done, then shoot, then watch out, then shoot.
As a horse thrower I think your best utility is as a cav hunter, particularly HA's. With the speed bonus change that devs have said is already in the works the class itself will probably become a lot deadlier.
The reason I enjoy being a horse thrower is that there ain't nothing I can't fight, except for retards with great cover on unreachable ruins which are fucking retarded.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 06:24:07 pm »
Depends what weapons you're taking. If you're talking about throwing lances, without the speed bonus, using them against infantry seems a waste. Never played as cav thrower so it's mostly out of experience from facing you and the few other cav throwers that exist.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 06:30:03 pm »
+1
Im a little confused right now, am I seriously reading a "nerf cover" thread right now ?

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 06:32:28 pm »
It's actually just another "nerf ranged" thread, though this time it is a range being on horse that complains.  :lol:
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 06:33:53 pm »
+1
Holy fucking god, Zilsch PLEASE say "because" instead of this 'cuss shit you fucking invented.

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 06:33:57 pm »
what about just fucking nerfing as a whole range already?

nerf  range, add more ruins also, i love terrain, you can 10v1 if you use the terrain well and theres no range in the 10

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 06:58:29 pm »
TLDR... btw this cav guy sounds like another one of those spawn killers... or late spawn killers. hes just jealous that he has a tiny epeen