Author Topic: Crossbow cav RAGE thread....  (Read 4364 times)

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Crossbow cav RAGE thread....
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2012, 06:17:28 am »
+1
funny hx is actually a very minor problem of all the problems actually going on with crpg... not sure you realize how hard it is, especially with this new score system to get on top with either a HA or HX... its very fuckin easy with anything else honestly.. to be on top you got to be landing over 80percent of your shots.. in rain xbow damage is -40% anyway.. and you get 1 to max 2 points per shot... sometimes 0.. while i can run around with a lance or a sword all day and join in the 3rd round and be on top after 1 round.. and hx is the problem :?:
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Stylin_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valt_The_Duke_of_Disco
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2012, 06:20:49 am »
funny hx is actually a very minor problem of all the problems actually going on with crpg... not sure you realize how hard it is, especially with this new score system to get on top with either a HA or HX... its very fuckin easy with anything else honestly.. to be on top you got to be landing over 80percent of your shots.. in rain xbow damage is -40% anyway.. and you get 1 to max 2 points per shot... sometimes 0.. while i can run around with a lance or a sword all day and join in the 3rd round and be on top after 1 round.. and hx is the problem :?:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2012, 06:22:34 am »
+1
HX is a pure counter to 2h str heroes. Much faster, and ranged. God forbid the majority of the players try to mimic single player AI when confronted with an HX. Bring throwing, bring an xbow, or simply get a shield. If you are too dumb to do any of those, be smart enough to go indoors.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2012, 06:24:17 am »
+2
Lol you say "oooo this is not a melee game this is a medieval warfare game" but the problem with that is, what makes this game different from other games that involve the medieval times? It is the directional swordplay aspect that Mount and BLADE pioneered. That is what made this game. If they had intended it to be full of stupid HX they wouldnt have bothered to include the directional system of blocking...

So if they had named it Mount and Crossbow, I could capitalize all the letters and say you're wrong too?

Besides its a medieval war game. The melee fighting is definitely the draw but its not what everyone prefers. Ranged is fun too.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike HX's too but they're allowed to be a HX just as you are allowed to rage that they exist.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2012, 09:12:13 am »

No one is saying HA/HX are OP. It's just that they make the game boring.

Offline Stylin_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valt_The_Duke_of_Disco
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2012, 09:31:47 am »
+1

They make the game boring? What the fuck does that even mean?
More like, I can't ham fist my way through encounters with them with my strength build like everything else.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2012, 09:36:12 am »
+2
Make the game boring?

More like you're either dead because you fucked up or you were to stupid to bring shield/throwing/xbow side arm and went pure 2h/pole. If that is the case then you should just remain bored or go play siege if you want immediate play time. HX have as much right to enjoy their build as you do.

As for killing them. They aren't that hard. I haven't come across an HX that I can't shoot down unless I have an already damaged horse. Most ride arabians and my courser can more than soak up the damage or I can avoid their shots and that's when the faster bow comes into play. As for foot archers shooting them...that again isn't hard. Them riding a champ arabian isn't an excuse. If you're smart you can still see the obvious way they are going to have to move and judge your shot and arabians go down very easily to arrows.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2012, 09:38:04 am »
They just make ppl rage instead. After all, the real strength in HA and HX is their tactical advantages. I'm sure if crpg was a free roam game all of us would be an HA or HX, with little to no one being anything else.
Pock gobblers

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2012, 12:49:23 pm »

Why are they allowed to exist? They ride around the whole round and are the last ones alive every round.... WHYYYYYY DO THEY EXIST!

On a real note.... Shouldn't they have to like stop or something to reload... the way it stands they are just really OP if the guy riding them is as patient as Yoda.
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2012, 04:35:05 pm »
heavy armored hx is na only atm, never really seen one on eu...

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2012, 04:42:04 pm »
Make the game boring?

More like you're either dead because you fucked up or you were to stupid to bring shield/throwing/xbow side arm and went pure 2h/pole. If that is the case then you should just remain bored or go play siege if you want immediate play time. HX have as much right to enjoy their build as you do.

As for killing them. They aren't that hard. I haven't come across an HX that I can't shoot down unless I have an already damaged horse. Most ride arabians and my courser can more than soak up the damage or I can avoid their shots and that's when the faster bow comes into play. As for foot archers shooting them...that again isn't hard. Them riding a champ arabian isn't an excuse. If you're smart you can still see the obvious way they are going to have to move and judge your shot and arabians go down very easily to arrows.

As far as NA is concerned, there is like two HA that can keep the HX in check.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2012, 06:12:47 pm »
cRPG is not based on realism, if it is then please make people die in 1 lance thrust/ people die in 1 horse bump, that would be epic

HX is great for killing pikeman/ de-horsing cav

....um Alex, I dont think people realistically actually died from only 1 lance thrust and 1 horse bump(especially heavy armored ones). Couch is what acctually took troops down in 1 stab and crpg has that.

And keep the HXs. They are fun. Also I hate archers, HAs and other ranged who just run away and stall the game and shoot pointblank as much as the next raging douchebag. But if I think about, its really not that easy and it gives the game nice variety. Game is lame with just meleeguys.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2012, 06:28:43 pm »
As far as NA is concerned, there is like two HA that can keep the HX in check.

Murchad, Qulidj were both damn good HA's. Always pissed me off. Can't think of any others that REALLY got to me.

Also if you ever played Native singleplayer, the first gear you ALWAYS start with is Horse, Xbow, and 1h sword. EVEN THE DEVELOPERS START YOU OUT AS A HX.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2012, 06:34:38 pm »
Murchad, Qulidj were both damn good HA's. Always pissed me off. Can't think of any others that REALLY got to me.

Also if you ever played Native singleplayer, the first gear you ALWAYS start with is Horse, Xbow, and 1h sword. EVEN THE DEVELOPERS START YOU OUT AS A HX.

I agree, HX is for single player.

Also Qilidj doesn't play anymore, murchad rarely plays and doesn't always play is HA when he is on. Valt still plays HA but other then that I can't think of many.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2012, 06:41:03 pm »
I don't have a problem with Horse Crossbowmen because they serve a purpose in the game like every other class.  And although I'd prefer they didn't do anything to the class, it would be more realistic if they lost a lot of maneuverability while reloading.  It takes two hands to reload, you're not going to be riding at top speed, and turning as hard as your horse can turn with both hands reloading a crossbow.
 - Stolen from Macropussy