Author Topic: How are people able to upkeep their characters?  (Read 3347 times)

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: How are people able to upkeep their characters?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 09:48:15 pm »
Are you a pure thrower?  If not what is your weapon proficiency?  A good rule of thumb for making money is to keep you total gear cost near 20k,  some people have great luck and can use much more than that but I wouldn't rely on luck.   

Also if your a thrower your armor is too heavy giving you a weapon prof decrease also.  You need your throwing to be around 120 or so after weight decrease is factored.

Ok, my throwing is at 140, and my inventory is around 24k, since I got rid of 2 jarid slots and replaced my 1 handed with a solid 2 handed. Thanks for the replies guys.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 10:43:02 pm »
unless you are trying to kill people in heavy PLATE armor or kill armored horses...there really isnt a point of using jarids.  Heavy Axes cost 40% less and are going to do more damage to the majority of players you run into.

Sure you might think jarids are easy to hit with, but play with nothing but axes for a full week and you'll see why they're 90% of all throwing

Offline Patchedcow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 03:00:02 am »
I play with armor totaling up to 13k and I do not make any money at all. My sword repairs almost every round even though my WPF is 150. It's stupid.

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 03:51:35 am »
+3
I find that hard to believe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 05:54:46 am »
I play with armor totaling up to 13k and I do not make any money at all. My sword repairs almost every round even though my WPF is 150. It's stupid.

Bullshit. When I wear 20k worth of gear I make money like crazy even without a multi. My gear right now is at 36k and I lose no money on a x1 and make a good amount with a multi.

And if you are only counting armor to calculate your upkeep you aren't a genius, weapons cost upkeep as well.
Hello

Offline Patchedcow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 07:39:09 am »
Bullshit. When I wear 20k worth of gear I make money like crazy even without a multi. My gear right now is at 36k and I lose no money on a x1 and make a good amount with a multi.

And if you are only counting armor to calculate your upkeep you aren't a genius, weapons cost upkeep as well.
Now what you're saying is bullshit. I always wear a pilgrim hood, byrnie, mail gloves, turkish shoes, and a sword of war. I BARELY make any money. When I put on heraldic mail, a good helmet, and maybe some better shoes, I lose 10k gold within a few rounds. Your lying about the 36k gold. There's no fucking way seeing as how I can't keep myself up with armor around 20k gold with multis once in a while, yet you are neutral at x1 with armor at 36k.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 09:02:34 am »
i am making atleast 10 k per day using 25 k worth equipment :
Lordly Heraldic Mail with Surcoat   upkeep=420
Fluted Varangian Helmet  upkeep=251
Fluted Varangian Helmet  upkeep=239
Mail Chausses                  upkeep=90
masterwork glaive           upkeep=749( nerff upkeep)
long dagger                     upkeep=27

cant be you dont make money with less upkeep.If you dont make money than play better and help your team win and get those juicy X5 more often.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Shub

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 10:28:07 am »
I agree upkeep is pretty much bullshit , Even worse now after patch in 2 ours of DTV having gear worth 13k i lost 4k gold. True story bro.

Best money i have made was on Rageball.Upkeep check is rare there and money gain if u win is great.
I dont think game is intended to make ppl run naked half of the time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:31:57 am by Shub »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 10:31:30 am »
+2
I agree upkeep is pretty much bullshit , Even worse now after patch in 2 ours of DTV having gear worth 13k i lost 4k gold. True story bro.

DTV is an entirely different game.  Rounds are so long you are pretty much guaranteed enormous repair bills.  Siege is pretty high repairs as well.  Battle is regard as the lowest repairs

Offline Shub

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 10:34:43 am »
Then  look into it and balance game mode upkeep.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 10:44:07 am »
+1
Then  look into it and balance game mode upkeep.

or you could stop playing some gay PVE game mode, thats what MMO's are for

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 12:06:38 pm »
DTV is an entirely different game.  Rounds are so long you are pretty much guaranteed enormous repair bills.  Siege is pretty high repairs as well.  Battle is regard as the lowest repairs

Rage ball is the best game mod to grind money/ exp, it have the lowest chance on repairs because 1 round can end in less than 20 seconds if you have good players

if you have agi whores in 1 team vs non-agi whores, in less than 10 minutes u reach x5

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 12:09:28 pm »
Maybe the devs should look into the upkeep formula, there have been reports from numerous people that they have huge bills with low cost equipment. Maybe there is a bug in the calculation?

I haven't noticed anything strange myself, though. I make money with all mail, a good helmet and a greatsword.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 12:22:38 pm »
I do fine. Hell, I even had a run of two weeks where I constantly used gear worth around 60k (transitional armour and highland claymore + gloves etc) with only a buffer of 10k. I came out about even, somehow. God knows how

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 06:41:52 pm »
Now what you're saying is bullshit. I always wear a pilgrim hood, byrnie, mail gloves, turkish shoes, and a sword of war. I BARELY make any money. When I put on heraldic mail, a good helmet, and maybe some better shoes, I lose 10k gold within a few rounds. Your lying about the 36k gold. There's no fucking way seeing as how I can't keep myself up with armor around 20k gold with multis once in a while, yet you are neutral at x1 with armor at 36k.

Yes, it's true. 36k....sustainable and money making at times.

I do fine. Hell, I even had a run of two weeks where I constantly used gear worth around 60k (transitional armour and highland claymore + gloves etc) with only a buffer of 10k. I came out about even, somehow. God knows how

Same, I was wearing very heavy armor for a few days and I actually made like 10k over the time I used it...musta had a bunch of multis.
Hello