Author Topic: A catchy title to start a debate.  (Read 14793 times)

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
Re: A catchy title to start a debate.
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2012, 09:47:09 pm »
Are you serious? Your an awful archer
LIES
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2012, 09:55:10 pm »
Are you serious? Your an awful archer

Yes I am, its okay go ahead and be wrong you, I cant force you to be right.
joking..
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:22:36 am by Pejlaen »
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2012, 09:57:09 pm »
+1
I see cRPG as evolving in a way such as that nerf cav.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2012, 10:29:20 pm »
archery isnt bad at all. its the stupid xbows that destroy with little to no wpf. or heat seeking throwing weapons.  2h and polearm bug me more tho. i dont get when swinging a 1h even without a shield your movement stops. but with polearm and 2h you can keep chugging right along. fucking annoying. ive had 12 ps bounce off people too. makes 0 sense considering the guy is moving into me swing. archery is weird. some shots hurt and some dont.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2012, 10:53:57 pm »
+2
archery isnt bad at all. its the stupid xbows that destroy with little to no wpf. or heat seeking throwing weapons.  2h and polearm bug me more tho. i dont get when swinging a 1h even without a shield your movement stops. but with polearm and 2h you can keep chugging right along. fucking annoying. ive had 12 ps bounce off people too. makes 0 sense considering the guy is moving into me swing. archery is weird. some shots hurt and some dont.
I'm gonna label you a retard.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2012, 11:23:19 pm »
. ive had 12 ps bounce off people too.

lol at this, uninstall the game please.
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2012, 12:15:10 am »
As someone with a 12PS character, I have to say I've never glanced with it regardless of my weapon. I can only manage to glance with my 8PS character if using something really long and facehugging (and even then I have to try). I find that rather odd.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2012, 12:44:11 am »
I can glance with 12 PS with any melee weapon. You just have to hit at the very beginning of an animation.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline 22nd_deprav

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd
  • Game nicks: 22nd_deprav_the_skald
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2012, 01:03:10 am »
+1
I have played this mod for 15 months or so now.

And I have played archer for 15 months or so now. I didnt picked archer because it is easy, cheating, op. I chose it because I really wanted to be an archer in this game, and I had no experience, no information at all how archers compared to other classes in this game.
I really have to ask, I have been playing the same way from the beginning,12 gens ago now, training my accuracy and everything that an archer needs to be efficient. Am I just an my old friendcher playing an op class and ruining this game for everyone else?

Nah you're perfectly fine Pejlaeny don't worry :3

On another note I feel like people are reading half of my post (I know they're long and boring) ! Some of you keep talking about buffing/nerfing classes, but this is still not the point of this :-(  Tweaking a class will always have an effect on the other classes, which will  need their own tweaking again etc...
This will be an endless circle of complaints if people just don't realize they CAN'T do whatever the fuck they want if they plan to survive on a battlefield (well... a simulated one), you need to "obey" logical rules : you don't wanna get lanced > take a spear or stick with someone who has one, you don't wanna get arrowed/bolted  > take cover or take a shield and don't run behind them if you don't have one; simple common sense.

Would you run with a knife behind a guy with a gun? would you try to stop a charging horse with your arms ?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:01:23 am by 22nd_deprav »
Max characters: 400; characters remaining: 354

Offline 22nd_deprav

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd
  • Game nicks: 22nd_deprav_the_skald
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2012, 06:52:05 pm »
+2
Well, I think this thread is too important to let die now.

So I'll make a briefing point !

Yesterday (well, Yesternight), we ended up 4vs4 (4 shielders vs 2 HAs and 2 xbows/assassins). Us 4 shielders had to use our brain and communication, bjorn decided to take the lead and we followed him throught the houses, packed like wolves in danger, back to back to face the harrassing rangers.
A long run follows, then a barn is being camp, psychological moves, harrassing from both side, suddenly ranged lose 1 guy who tried to be to brave and step into the barn, I manage to kill the 2nd xbower trying to reload on the side of the house, I almost died.
Then the flags spawned, still 2 horse archers to get, 1 goes done on the flag, I die against blacky, he dies, we win.

Brain and shield won against "annoying" ranged. Point proven.
Max characters: 400; characters remaining: 354

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2012, 06:55:16 pm »
Shocking, that. As usual, Melee prevails.

Yes it is "annoying" to fight range, but at least in NA the majority of the time the remaining survivors are melee.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2012, 03:14:26 pm »
+2
The problem is that most of you are lvl35 + 18 loomed stuffs. A casual player is not OP in any class, even with a good build lvl 30.
Plus : most of 2h play like retards. Rush/kill/die
The only thing to buff is TEAMPLAY !!!
Ex: raise a shieldwall, wait to have cav superiority, then let them chase isolated archers. Let ranged dueling and THEN charge for final onslaught with 2h, shielders front of them.

A good thing would be to vote for a team leader at the begining of the map.