Author Topic: Are lolstabbes gonna be fixed??  (Read 5947 times)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Re: Are lolstabbes gonna be fixed??
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 02:15:06 pm »
Lolstab has really high damage, the stab is really fast and if you spin it a lot there is delay between the animation hit and actual hit, also it is long ranged. Compared to polearms the 2h stab is about 155 polearm reach. Just look at the amount of German Greatswords you see lying on the battlefield. Everyone realizes its potency for quick kills.
Nothing more tiresome than have everyone I duel chamber his thrust as soon as they get a little room, always forcing me to block with my supposedly 'long' hafted blade.

So I think this stab could be made a little less powerful.

The long halfted blade sideswing outreaches the lolstab, and the animation is fast if not faster that the
lolstab.

But i agree the stab should be nerfed as should the LHB

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:16:18 pm by Fluffy_Muffin »
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 02:19:24 pm »
Polearms already have longer reach on swings and fast animations, there would be no reason to stay with 2h if there is no more lolstab.
If anything, there would be less 2h and more polearm users.

lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 02:19:41 pm »
The long halfted blade sideswing outreaches the lolstab, and the animation is fast if not faster that the
lolstab.
LIES! I tested this and the stab outreaches the long hafted blade swing by about this much |--------|

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 02:23:59 pm »
Stab adds about +30 range, so a German Greatsword outreaches a LHB righswing indeed. It doesn't outreach the Glaive though.

And talking about OP weapons, let's take a look at the different melee weapon classes:
1h: Steel Pick, Side Sword
2h: German Greatsword, Barmace, Long Iron Mace (these were confirmed to lose crushthrough next patch so don't really count anymore)
polearms: Long Hafted Blade, Long Hafted Spiked Mace, Long Hafted Knobbed Mace, Glaive, Great Long Axe (this was confirmed to get unbalanced next patch so doesn't really count anymore)

But yes, 2H are ridiculously OP, NERF THEM NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Edit: To make it clear I'm not saying the lolstab shouldn't be nerfed, as I said before just fix the spinstabbing so you can only use the stab from range, otherwise it bounces and you're stunned. But do it for all weapons, not just 2H.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:29:01 pm by Punisher »

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 02:35:04 pm »
Ah ok its just me then, somehow i always thought that my stab outreached the sideswing of a LHB and i always tried to do it but i got struck every time. Bad timing or movement i guess
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 04:29:23 pm »
So you find it natural to be able to stab at point blank with a spear but not with a 2H.

No, but because of the bad weapon mechanics it is needed to stab pointblank...normally you can hold an enemy on distance with a spear or a pike...
ingame: stab->downblock/hit->come near->cant stab anymore

->
Afaik, all the spears have 4 attacks. That's hardly useless if lolstab gets removed.
And rendering awlpikes useless (not a spear, I know). It's too short to be an effective support weapon and with any turnstabbing, it's useless in 1v1 too.

yeah spears have 4 attack directions but all except stab are mostly for distraction and do too less damage (even the stab[as a stabbing weapon] have less damage than twohanders)

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 04:39:21 pm »
Spear's sideswings are very good, they stun in like 90% of the times so you can stun the enemy than stab him.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2011, 08:50:44 pm »
The +80 on thrust is the old pre-patch animantion, now it has been nerfed to ~+30.

Where are you getting the +30 range value? My testing puts the current reach of a practice longsword thrust (length 117) as longer than a two-handed scythe thrust (length 182) and shorter than a long awlpike thrust (length 185). This puts the reach of the two-handed thrust animation at about +85 if Stabbing Hobo's +19 value is still correct for the two-handed polearm thrust animation.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 08:54:25 pm »
I should leave math to people that can actually do it...

great sword (110 range):
scythe (182 range)

Screens taken from the same spot using the view outfit key (to make sure I didn't move) while spamming thrusts.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:53:37 am by IG_Saint »

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 09:12:53 pm »
Where are you getting the +30 range value? My testing puts the current reach of a practice longsword thrust (length 117) as longer than a two-handed scythe thrust (length 182) and shorter than a long awlpike thrust (length 185). This puts the reach of the two-handed thrust animation at about +85 if Stabbing Hobo's +19 value is still correct for the two-handed polearm thrust animation.

I compared the range of a Glaive's right swing (160-2=158) with the range of the German Greatsword thrust (123 lenght). The Glaive's right swing outreaches the German Greatsword's thrust, so the max range you can get from the stab animation is 157-123=34.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2011, 10:19:36 pm »
I compared the range of a Glaive's right swing (160-2=158) with the range of the German Greatsword thrust (123 lenght). The Glaive's right swing outreaches the German Greatsword's thrust, so the max range you can get from the stab animation is 157-123=34.

Polearm grip is a -22 my friend.

But I agree with you on the Glaive. It's got really long swings.  :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:23:12 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2011, 10:34:56 pm »
Shogun mod for Warband fixed spinning and stabbing, don't know how they did it. You were no longer able to spin your character as fast as mouse sensitivity would allow, made your character kind of twist at normal-ish speeds & made lolstabbing(spinning while thrusting to hit close range) pretty impossible, at least for me due to the character not being able to turn at warp speed.

I don't know how to explain it very well lol
I didn't test the other lolstab (aiming at the ground thrusting and pointing the camera to your opponent)

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 11:03:44 pm »
You do have to grip poles up the shafts so arnt the anims right?

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 03:56:50 am »
Spinstab removed... have fun fighting high agi, high shield, high athletic fachuggers xD yeah I went there.

inb4 flame

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 07:20:18 am »
Don't post while stoned kids, walt isn't right. 110+85=195 vs 182-19=163. So the great sword should outreach the scythe. Which it clearly doesn't

The example I gave was the with the length 117 practice longsword. So the math should be:

Practice longsword: 117 + at least 85 = at least 202
Scythe: 182 + 19 = 201

Here is a video of me being in range with the practice longsword thrust but not in range with the scythe thrust. I remapped the attack button to my keyboard to insure that the orientations of the attacks was constant during the test.

The reach of the practice longsword thrust is certainly less than the length 190 heavy lance thrust. There seems to be very small variations in the weapon animations or the distances between objects as I could find positions at which both the practice longsword thrust and length 185 long awlpike thrust would both hit some attacks but not others without moving. Because of this, I think that the reach of the practice longsword thrust is nearly identical to the long awlpike thrust. This puts the reach of the two-handed thrust animation at about +87.

EDIT: Fixed typo.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:22:22 am by WaltF4 »