Author Topic: Is Arbalest OK?  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: Is Arbalest OK?
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2012, 06:41:20 pm »
Yet somehow you see tincans using a xbow sidearm with 1 wpf, but never see them using a bow. Why? Your calculation completely leaves out the 6 skill points you need for Power Draw to use a Rus, Yumi, or Longbow. That is 6 points that can be placed into 3 strength points for the additional health, option for more power strike, etc. 6 skill points certainly is not insignificant and definitely disingenuous to leave out of the xbow vs archer debate. Not to mention the xbows can be held forever while an archer has a small window of firing opportunity for accuracy. Xbows fit their role just fine without a buff.

This is about the Arbalest "Is Arbalest OK?". Though I do agree The 1 wpf 2 hander with Crossbow should be nerfed. That build has it all with no Skill investement

The Arbalest with a pure build has anywhere from 160-180 WPF and little or no melee stats. Thats just my definition of pure build like mine :mrgreen:

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2012, 07:10:14 pm »
+1

This is about the Arbalest "Is Arbalest OK?". Though I do agree The 1 wpf 2 hander with Crossbow should be nerfed. That build has it all with no Skill investement

The Arbalest with a pure build has anywhere from 160-180 WPF and little or no melee stats. Thats just my definition of pure build like mine :mrgreen:

Whenever people want a buff to xbow, they complain about deficiencies compared to the BOW. Don't bring it up as an argument if you don't want bow arguments in return. The QUOTE that I'm answering, it matters.  :rolleyes:

I'm playing as xbowman only for 1 gen, but I think it requires some buffing if you'll compare them with bows:

- Rain reduces bow damage by 10%
- Rain reduces crossbow damage by 25%.
Bows also have more DPS(damage per second), more ammo & no need to use cover.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2013, 01:14:25 pm »
Only way to make ranged work realistically is to balance the damage it does to diffrent armors, i get oneshotted by a rusbow to body if i ride archer head on with horse, which is completely unbalanced while a tincan has to be shot ten times with same IF, that is completely unbalanced too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2013, 04:53:12 pm »