Author Topic: How do repairs work?  (Read 421 times)

Offline Fanlaen

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
How do repairs work?
« on: July 26, 2012, 10:47:47 pm »
So I started the day with 3k gold and throughout the day my Armor's been repaired twice, my claymore 5 times and my helmet once.. So I got irritated, alt tabbed out and repaired the armor and sword in the inventory, then joined a game. My armor repaired itself again.

After playing for a solid 3-4 hours I went from 3k gold to 200...  :(

I don't understand how it works, some days my gear doesn't get repaired a single time

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: How do repairs work?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 10:49:56 pm »
Repairs is basically about luck, honestly. Some days are good, some bad.

I usually keep myself restricted to light armor until I have a 10k gold buffer and roll with my usual stuff until I get down to 5k.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: How do repairs work?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 11:17:01 pm »
Repairs is basically about luck, honestly. Some days are good, some bad.

I usually keep myself restricted to light armor until I have a 10k gold buffer and roll with my usual stuff until I get down to 5k.

math != luck.  First off, 3k is not much of a bank, so you need to build up a bigger reserve, say 20k at least.  From there as long as you are using under 20k~ loadouts you will always gain a net INCREASE to gold over the course of time.  One day may be particularly bad and see alot of repairs and you could drop 3k-5k.  Other days will be better and you will GAIN money.

http://wiki.c-rpg.net/index.php?title=Upkeep

WPF can also influence repair costs, although I'm not sure how it operates.  Not having much WPF in a weapon increases likelyhood it'll need repairs

Smart players will change their equipment loadouts based on their multi's, so instead of using one of the most expensive weapons in the game if you have a x1 or x2, use something less expensive like say a Dadao or bardiche
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:28:36 pm by Digglez »