Author Topic: Why is there a 7 day waiting time between Stf respecs  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Dillinger

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dillinger
Why is there a 7 day waiting time between Stf respecs
« on: July 17, 2012, 03:20:28 pm »
+7
Why?

I tend to change my mind a lot and i know im not alone. Imo More than half the fun of this game is just trying out and building different characters. I fail to see the downside of being able to respec every day. The only thing i really see it maybe hurting is the economy of the game, but if anybody wants the uber gear or the ability to make good money in a reasonable amount of time, then they will just play and retire their main anyways imo.  Am i missing something here? If i am, then please tell me the reason because imo the game would be a thousand times more enjoyable if one had the ability to respec their stf character more than once a week.  im also curious about what other people think about the current system.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
Re: Why is there a 7 day waiting time between Stf respecs
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 03:23:46 pm »
Also make STF characters level 31. Most of my builds need 31 level to be complete.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:24:21 pm »
Why?

I tend to change my mind a lot and i know im not alone. Imo More than half the fun of this game is just trying out and building different characters. I fail to see the downside of being able to respec every day. The only thing i really see it maybe hurting is the economy of the game, but if anybody wants the uber gear or the ability to make good money in a reasonable amount of time, then they will just play and retire their main anyways imo.  Am i missing something here? If i am, then please tell me the reason because imo the game would be a thousand times more enjoyable if one had the ability to respec their stf character more than once a week.  im also curious about what other people think about the current system.

I`d say one stf per week with 10k gold and free respec stf if you want.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 04:04:59 pm »
13 ath, 3 shield and 1 PS for Nord Short Sword and Steel Buckler 13 ath speedy gonzales char.

And next week practice shield 13 shield and next week 13 riding/12 riding couch only. No! I want to respec whenever i feel like it! Not wait 7 days =(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 04:13:46 pm »
+2
Why?

Because the devs don't like fun.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »
I just always assumed it was because your STF could be your main, so if you needed an archer for strategus, just respec to archer, or horseman or whatever.  Now that you can transfer money over (and items) I'd say it's the first reason I stated, plus they don't want people making STF's and then just transferring over the 10,000 gold.

One STF per week seems fine to me, use the calculator so you don't fuck up.  It's meant to be a trial thing, not permanent.  They even have "skip the fun" in the title...why would you expect it to be fun caita?  :P
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 04:30:22 pm »
+3
Yeah I thought it was to stop people STF their main for an exact build they needed for strat. 7 days is a bit long though.

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 04:36:10 pm »
Yeah I thought it was to stop people STF their main for an exact build they needed for strat. 7 days is a bit long though.

I think you should have an option to make an alt a STF and being able to respect anytime. Wouldn't hurt anyone!

I just always assumed it was because your STF could be your main, so if you needed an archer for strategus, just respec to archer, or horseman or whatever.  Now that you can transfer money over (and items) I'd say it's the first reason I stated, plus they don't want people making STF's and then just transferring over the 10,000 gold.

One STF per week seems fine to me, use the calculator so you don't fuck up.  It's meant to be a trial thing, not permanent.  They even have "skip the fun" in the title...why would you expect it to be fun caita?  :P

You can't transfer the first 10 100 gold you have on your STF, it's not possible. So that's already sorted out!

Also make STF characters level 31. Most of my builds need 31 level to be complete.

Nah, most normal people go first for lvl 30 and retire, so I think it's fine. Also, it's skipping the fun and grindan is fun :mrgreen:

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 04:59:59 pm »
You retire when you are 31. Whenever i become 31 level i have my build done but retireing :(
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 06:10:01 pm »
STF can't use the marketplace so being able to transfer stuff to your alts doesn't matter. Also they don't get enough money to even try much out without playing for at least a few hours.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 10:25:00 pm »
Because this isn't Call of Duty where you just select a class. There's supposed to be a roleplaying element involved in building your character, and changing your character to a different build every fifteen minutes with zero penalty goes against this concept.

Not to mention you would be able to roll out a new character for every new map. Open plains? Time to change my character to cavalry.

Closed spaces? Time to change to mauler.

You can still do that with alts if you want, but the important difference is that you have had to work pretty hard to bring several alts to level 30 the traditional way.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 10:38:37 pm »
+9
"THE GRIND IS TOO LONG. PLZ MAKE INSTA-LEVEL 30 CHAR chadz"

chadz: *done*

"NO XP1?!?1!?!? ONLY 10K GOLD?1?!?1?? YOU THINK THIS IS SOME KIND OF JOKE!?!?1!/"

chadz: ...

"OMG I LOSE ALL MY GOLD WHEN I DELETE MY STF AND WAIT A WEEK TO TRY OUT ANOTHER FREE HIGH LVL BUILD"

chadz: *Alt characters can now use the marketplace. In addition, you can now transfer gold and items between characters."

"OMG I HAVE TO WAIT 7 DAYS TO RESPEC MY STF IN FULL FOR FREE"

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 10:40:39 pm »

chadz: *done*

"NO XP1?!?1!?!? ONLY 10K GOLD?1?!?1?? YOU THINK THIS IS SOME KIND OF JOKE!?!?1!/"

chadz: ...

"OMG I LOSE ALL MY GOLD WHEN I DELETE MY STF AND WAIT A WEEK TO TRY OUT ANOTHER FREE HIGH LVL BUILD"

chadz: *Skip-the-fun and alt characters can now use the marketplace."

"OMG I HAVE TO WAIT 7 DAYS TO RESPEC MY STF IN FULL FOR FREE"

Haha. How long before STF is instant level 35 with 100k gold, I wonder.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 11:42:08 am »
+1
Haha. How long before STF is instant level 35 with 100k gold, I wonder.

And what would be wrong with that?

When you play more than others, your bonus is experience. In an arcade game combat skill is mostly experience.

So why, in addition to that, you need an extra bonus of more health points, more athletics, better weapons and armor?

Now you may say I am biased because I have a skip the fun char only.
But truth is, when my char was in top 50 I never knew if I was that good or just the char.
Nowadays, I know its me who is that good.

Cos its both. A good player with a skip the fun char and crap gear can keep up with the 'average' player and a higher level and better gear char.

But still its not right or sane.

If you need special weapons and armor and extra levels, then pay for it. I am totally fine with handing out bonusses to those who pay for the servers we are playing on.
But not for people whose only service to the community is that they are (almost) permanently online and troll in-game because they have nothing else to do in their poor life. This game should be fun, and part of fun is that you dont give a superior advantage to those who already are/ should be the best players because they simply play more and therefore have more experience and therefore more skill than others.

Like Slev wrote in my topic about the team death match server:

Yup and it sucks, I dislike siege, but battle is too frustrating. I don't come on crpg to play "spectate the good players" I come on crpg to play "mount and blade". Sadly, crpg is mostly just, "spectate the good players" now-a-days.

And its a fact, when you give a good player the very best gear, how the fuck should an average player with shitty gear beat him?
Probably the 'stars' in crpg community are so insecure about their real skill and therefore they are defending their privileges.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:49:25 am by Michael »

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 11:48:52 am »

Technically a STF character is very low level because they are stuck forever in gen 1.

I see no reason not to let them respec more frequently.  It's never going to be gen 16.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde