Author Topic: Need props, castles? (collaboration)  (Read 2650 times)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Need props, castles? (collaboration)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 12:53:01 am »
cannot find anything named stronghold in there :/ Found alot of props but no castles

You mean you didn't find the brf or you didn't find the proper props in it?

The .brf is in Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\cRPG\Resource folder in my installation. In it, there are some battlements and gatehouses you can take as reference.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline pilen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 03:28:17 pm »
You mean you didn't find the brf or you didn't find the proper props in it?

The .brf is in Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\cRPG\Resource folder in my installation. In it, there are some battlements and gatehouses you can take as reference.

No brf named strongholds or anything like it. I made a piece of wall yesterday and landed on 400 tris, still got nothing to compare to though

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 07:47:49 pm »
That's strange. Maybe they removed it in later versions? It's right there in my cRPG installation. I have uploaded it here for you: http://node23.net/stronghold_props.brf (rightclick -> save target as).

Offline pilen

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 09:53:59 pm »
That's strange. Maybe they removed it in later versions? It's right there in my cRPG installation. I have uploaded it here for you: http://node23.net/stronghold_props.brf (rightclick -> save target as).

Great stuff. These meshes are aren't wasting any tris and are great for references. Now I just have to work out how to get my materials working. I'll post something next week when I get back home to my computer. Hard to work on this laptop.

Thanks for helping out!

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 01:51:22 am »
we kinda need some more keeps/buildings with interiors dont we?

You can actually very easily add castle interiors (the ones you see when you enter a castle in SP) as scene props. There's already one of the khergit castle interiors avaiable, I don't know why taleworlds didn't add the rest though (There are also prison interiors and some "tutorial scene" interiors that don't seem to be used in-game).

For example, if you want to add the interior of castle_keep_b (the big rhodok keep, seen in greipenfurt castle for example), just paste this at the end of your scene_props.txt :

spr_castle_h_keep_b_interior 0 0 castle_h_interior_a bo_castle_h_interior_a 0

and don't forget to increase the number of props by 1, at the beggining of scene_props.txt

Of course teleporting doors would have to be added in order to use these interiors, but they're worth it and there are like 100 of them in common res that could be used.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 10:38:49 pm »
Don't know how up to date this information is, but maybe it helps a bit: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,72860.0.html

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 10:53:21 pm »
+1
Oh, and if you do make walls, it would be cool if you could make them horizontally and vertically segmented, so that we can have different wall heights and lengths/widths without stretched textures. Something like this would be very cool:

Of course, maybe it's a bit hard to make sure the textures fit at all edges, but if possible, this would be scene editor's heaven. If you can pull off this kind of separation into basic building blocks on all props, you would greatly help to increase the diversity in Warband maps.

But really, ANY decent new props would be great.

Offline pilen

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 08:46:36 am »
Great stuff! I can't work anything on this until monday the 30th but hopefully I will have atleast a castle set done that week.
No problem having longer or shorter pieces. I work in "the power of 2" and the textures are tileable
I will upload screens of the pieces later next week and you can tell me if you need anything else.

Offline ICEMAN1779

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 10:57:11 pm »
There are a bunch of dungen probs and more. that are inclosed with no doors to get inside. thus making them useless and are never used in any maps. if you could add doors to get inside would be great. shouldnt be to hard i dont think.