Author Topic: what is the reason for slowing down overhead spinning  (Read 5367 times)

Offline Shatter

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Shatter_Astralis
Re: what is the reason for slowing down overhead spinning
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 10:56:03 pm »
I'm not a fan of the change either, especially, as some people have mentioned, with chambers. Chambering an incoming lance and hitting the rider with the rotation nerf is not reliable at all.

In regular melee fights, the change is not that big of an adjustment, but it does make an already slow attack even slower with having to hold your attack to aim.

The stab change was fine, 2h stab was ridiculous at times, but, if possible, overheads should be reverted back to their old way.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 10:58:33 pm »
+1
an already slow attack
Wat?

1h overhead is not slow.

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 11:57:20 pm »
how to try to make crpg cater to as many bads as possible?
-> remove every twitchy movement you can do and slow everything down each patch, genius.

next patch will probably reduce all melee weapon speed by 3 or 4, also make every 2h now 3 slot and buff the heavy lance for 20 length. this is a horse driving simulation game bro, aint no player skilled game for a few to shine in no more

Offline Shatter

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Shatter_Astralis
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 12:47:58 am »
Wat?

1h overhead is not slow.
2h and polearms also exist in the game, but I could have been more specific.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 12:50:19 am »
This really nerfed teamwork a lot. It just makes teammates team wound each other and makes it easier to fight against groups just by weaving through opponents.

absolutely.   its a buff to lone 1handers,  as they can plow through groups swinging and dodging.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 01:46:06 am »
I'm of the opinion that the people who have the most problem with this are whiny babies or strength builds. The nerf to turning speed is TERRIBLY easy to adjust for. It made combat more skill based. You need to rely more on footwork and positioning instead of how fast you can slide your mouse.

It nerfed teamwork in the sense that it's more difficult for 10 retards to mob up on a single guy and spam. In those situations, if people actually gave a shit and thought about where their swings would land it wouldn't be a problem at all.

It is true that 1-handers need to adjust more for this nerf as most of their attacks originate from the right, but once you figure that out it's easy.

Use your movement keys to adjust more than your mouse. Problem solved.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 01:54:45 am »
+3
I'm of the opinion that the people who have the most problem with this are whiny babies or strength builds. The nerf to turning speed is TERRIBLY easy to adjust for. It made combat more skill based. You need to rely more on footwork and positioning instead of how fast you can slide your mouse.

It nerfed teamwork in the sense that it's more difficult for 10 retards to mob up on a single guy and spam. In those situations, if people actually gave a shit and thought about where their swings would land it wouldn't be a problem at all.

It is true that 1-handers need to adjust more for this nerf as most of their attacks originate from the right, but once you figure that out it's easy.

you do realize support classes like pikemen and longmaulers have to react according to the teammate infront of them?  slowing down turnspeed=less ability to react = less possibilities = less room for skill.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 02:19:56 am »
you do realize support classes like pikemen and longmaulers have to react according to the teammate infront of them?  slowing down turnspeed=less ability to react = less possibilities = less room for skill.

You do realize support classes like pikemen have to react according to the teammate infront of them(?) and can just stab right through them by curving the tip (Because only the tip is an actual physical object, the haft is only a metaphysical manifestation of the pikeman's ego) around teammates?

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 03:49:58 am »
You do realize support classes like pikemen have to react according to the teammate infront of them(?) and can just stab right through them by curving the tip (Because only the tip is an actual physical object, the haft is only a metaphysical manifestation of the pikeman's ego) around teammates?

so you are supporting my point,  good man!

Offline Gricks

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 05:09:09 am »
I've seen people jump-180 stab with the Longspear and Pike still, you just have to guide your mouse more smoothly.  Trying to whip it around like you used to doesn't work because the nerf kicks in as you try to spin faster.  But spinning smoothly at the max rate it allows, you can still jump-spin stab.

No, you just release the attack later in the spin. I know cuz I'm an expert at piking.

EDIT: What the poop guy said.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 09:00:51 am »
Well, it was more fun with the spin stab, but I do well without it too.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 02:26:42 pm »
+1
I agree something had to be done about the lolstab (though it still needs tweaking) but overheads feel very unnatural and restricted now even when becoming used to the change.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 03:44:53 pm »

Ahahaha, you mean "you need to rely more on left swing'.

As someone who does this a lot, it doesn't take much skill to run into a group of people and start bouncing off of them, Thanks to this change, I induce a lot more TKs when I bounce off a guy and he overheads into the guy behind me. It's not healthy for game if formations, which are difficult to keep together & effective, are easily wrecked by one guy cannonballing like a maniac, which is not difficult.

We all know about this, but the absolute fact is that any extra adjustment needed, that previously did not exist, is now a nerf since it added time to swing. It's not hard to figure out, but it's still a nerf by any definition, and a completely unneccessary one.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 05:34:07 pm »
I agree something had to be done about the lolstab (though it still needs tweaking) but overheads feel very unnatural and restricted now even when becoming used to the change.

Really??

Take an axe and 2 chopping blocks.

Place one chopping block directly in front of you. Place the 2nd chopping block 90 degrees to your left. Hell, place it at a 45 degree angle so you don't have to turn as far.

Now, facing the first chopping block. Swing the axe with an overhand swing towards the first chopping block hard enough to split a piece of wood.

While you are still swinging, turn your body that 45 or 90 degrees and make the blow that started towards the first chopping block land and split the wood on the 2nd chopping block.

What happened? Yeah, wasn't possible was it? Now what were you saying is "unnatural" again?
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 06:40:06 pm »
+4
If you want to bring in the realism arguement... In combat you don't actually have to split wooden blocks, when you turn and adjust your strike, your overhead turns into a diagonal slash which maybe won't split a wood block, but will damage flesh & bone. If warband  had more dynamic animations this would be represented visually, but it only has 4 directions of animation so it has to be abstracted so don't be so anal.