Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2.  (Read 12437 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 01:13:16 pm »
Its 80% of all counties I believe for Britannia. Just tick de jure on a county and you will see the Britannia title on the top right. Hover over "create" for requirements.

I'm at like 70% I think, but one of my English vassels who I took land for is now Heir to the English throne so I guess I'll lose some of it soon, unless I kill him maybe. Maybe I could sow dissent on him and get him to revolt before the English king dies. When you take dutchies with claimants make sure the actual dutchy you're going for exists, it can be a bit misleading sometimes. I declared war for Somerset I believe, which highlighted 4 or 5 counties that weren't even de jure for that dutchy, but when the war ended I only got the 1 county that was in the dutchy
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 08:48:32 pm »
So I like many others just picked this game up.   Being new to the franchise it quite literally throws you in to it with almost no help at all, and so far i found all the "hint" pages useless.

After a day or so of dicking around im starting to get the hang of the basic gameplay, what are some tips from you veteran players for those of us who picked it up on the steam summer sale?

1. I recommend the paradox forums. They're amazing. Awesome community.
2. Tips, try to play a multiplayer round w/ some friends while talking over TS. It's fun when one of you figures out a game mechanic and explains it to the rest.
3. Ireland is easy mode. Maybe play a count in Ireland for your first game.
4. Make sure your bishops have a higher opinion of you then they do of the current Pope. If not, you won't get ANY money from them. Makes a huge difference early on. You can get easy opinion boosts by granting them honorary titles, having them foster one of your heirs, or making them one of your ministers. You can also have your diplomat try to coax him a little. Bribery is also an option.
5. Just get into it. RP and try to have some fun.

"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 07:49:25 pm »
I am at 1000 hours (roughly) on the game. I think I can call myself a veteran.

Two tips I would like to give:

-Get the fucking ck2+ mod. Seriously. It improves the game VASTLY

-Go for diplomacy. Relations are über alles in this game. If you are not well liked, you get your face smashed, no matter how powerful you are.

Generally speaking, you need to play this game to get a feel for it. It is an EXTREMELY good game. Once I go back home, I might upload some of my screenshots.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 09:41:36 pm »
This is my game atm: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This guy took over as chaste and with a vow of celibacy, but now has 7 kids with his dads hunchback wife and got the Hedonist trait, and now he recently became possessed. His dad ruled for like 30-40 years after he murdered my previous character (his brothers 9 year old son).

Got about 70% of british isles now so getting closer to the title. Might lose some though when one of my vassels inherits England. Might not be that great for the year but its my first game
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:50:33 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 10:06:50 pm »
For years Scotland has been stealing Irish kingdom lands whenever we had some internal problems/rebellions... what a low play from Scotland, really. Anyway, finally it was Scotland's turn to have rebellions and I played their card and declared war at the same time the rebellions in Scotland started and now they are having a hard time replenishing their troops as I keep attacking them. Even England and Isle of Man used the Scottish rebellion to grab some land :lol:

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 03:25:14 am »
Here's some of my kingdoms, empires, et al.

first pic, I made a Russia before it was a hip thing to do (ck2+ mod :3)

Muslims from way way back. Back before Jihads/crusades gave you a kingdom. Back when Byzantium was an unbreakable, absolute authority beast. It was NOT easy, trust me.

Empire of Cornwall...because why the hell not.

This is less impressive than it might look until you consider that conquering Spain is extremely easy. I literally bought a bunch of mercs, landed them on their shores, declared an invasion cb, then united the 2 empires into a France-Britania-Iberian empire. Didn't get a pic of it, I could thought for the distrustful ;)

I had some other empires too, but unfortunately when I formatted my pc, I lost them, so yeah.

Offline Lamk

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lamk
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 12:39:47 am »
Who's interested by making a multiplayer game? Post on the topic if so

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 02:06:43 am »
+3
I sought to restore Charlemagne's empire, but i may have gotten a bit carried away.

one day i will make the pope my vassal...
Turtles

Offline Lamk

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lamk
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 02:08:58 am »
lol what kingdom did you start with?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 02:44:26 am »
Count of Vermandois, the heir of Charlemagne and only Karling ruler present at the start of the game.

AAR:
(click to show/hide)
Turtles

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 07:16:04 am »
I sought to restore Charlemagne's empire, but i may have gotten a bit carried away.

[IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc75/Casimir4794/ck22013-01-2301-02-18-54_zps1814f101.png[/ig]

one day i will make the pope my vassal...

A bit is an understatement. Nicely done.

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 04:07:42 pm »
I'm relatively new to this game enjoying it quite a bit. I find it pretty easy to expand your kingdom but have troubles controlling it when it comes too big. Especially all the micro management from troop/ship movements every time a war or rebellion breaks out (playing byzantium) takes a lot time. I've been thinking if it's a good idea to make your vassals larger? There's plenty of king titles to give in byzantium but I've been a bit shunning from giving them away. Would make the empire less tedious to control but I'd imagine some vassals would get very powerful. Sometimes you get so unlucky with attributes that it's impossible to maintain good relations. Do you guys give them away or keep them yourselves? And how about giving titles to dynasty members? Quite many guides instruct to give them to close relatives but not sure if it's smart.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 04:14:19 pm »
I break down my empire into kingdoms, allocating them to members of my kin.

They're normally too busy fighting internal discontent to cause me any problems and they effectively self regulate your empire by protecting one another from rebellions.  Also your heir will receive the attributes of their tutor, make sure you pick a good one for your first born son, or do it yourself if your happy with your attributes.
Turtles

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 04:27:31 pm »
The point of big empires like Byzantium is that it's difficult to keep it together.

You should give out king titles IMO cuz like you said it reduces annoying micro. Also holding them makes dukes hate you cuz they covet the titles. Give them to your close relatives cuz 1) relations bonus for king, 2) It increases the prestige of your family and 3) If they mess up somehow and lose the kingdom, the claim to it will pass onto their descendents so maybe you will have the opportunity to press it for them and return it as a vassal.

You're always gonna have a chance of a nasty civil war on succession if your heir is terrible and very young I don't think it would make a huge difference if it's a king or lotsa dukes against you. Make sure to build up your retinue of cataphracts so you at least have a very nice personel army that can shred the levy armies thrown at you and maybe even capture the leader of the rebels to end it quickly (bailed me out of a few civil wars I was gonna lose).

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 06:29:58 pm »
+1

This is how i treat my enemies! And i am blinding all my prisoners.
  Spam at The Temple of Spam