Author Topic: Make Agility more relevant to gear use  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: Make Agility more relevant to gear use
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 06:14:46 pm »
I think it would be really cool to see AGI plate melee guys in the mix of it too.

Why is it that strength gets a HUGE advantage from plate while AGI really gets gimped because of it.

AGI builds will still die in 1-2 shots, just not the lucky swings from random smallarms

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 07:04:12 pm »
Add chance to stumble and fall down when backpedaling similar to one in Brytenwalda. The chance is related to amount of athletics. 1 has pretty big chance where as somewhere 7 very little. Much rage would ensue.

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 11:44:41 pm »
Just buff the effect that agi and ath have on movement speed when wearing armour. Simple.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 01:17:06 am »
Higher athletics recieve less penalties from walking up gradients. Pow.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 01:22:05 am »
For example, with full plate it really doesn't matter where you get hit, it's all plate, so the agility requirement would be very low, but it would have a higher strength requirement.
On the other hand armor like the Black Armor, or Lamellar Vests only provide partial protection, so they would have a higher agility requirement, but a lower strength requirement.

Makes absolutely no sense at all.  Lamellar armor has a higher degree of movement than plate armor.  If anything, armor should REDUCE effective agility by a much higher degree

Someone with 3agi should actually turn their character slower, limit weapon release rotation degrees MORE, poorer weapon arcs, slower draw/sheath weapon times, slower feints and block recovery times, etc

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 06:50:19 am »
Makes absolutely no sense at all.  Lamellar armor has a higher degree of movement than plate armor.  If anything, armor should REDUCE effective agility by a much higher degree

Someone with 3agi should actually turn their character slower, limit weapon release rotation degrees MORE, poorer weapon arcs, slower draw/sheath weapon times, slower feints and block recovery times, etc

Yes, it has a higher degree of movement than plate, but it also requires a higher degree of proficiency with making blows land in the correct locations. If you don't get hit on that vest, all you've got is a padded shirt. In plate, whether you get hit in the arm, the chest, the leg, whatever, it's plate, so you don't need to worry nearly as much about trying to maneuver around the blow. Hence why agility would have the penalty to armor, while strength has the penalty to movement.

You need to be able to move well in order to fully utilize partial armor like those I mentioned. In plate, you don't need to be able to move nearly as well to make full use of it.

The movement penalty on agility I mentioned was something I was thinking to be very small (like .2% or less per lacking point of agility) and was mostly there for combat situations on the realism basis that if you don't have the agility to properly use your equipment, you'd have to spend more effort on moving defensively, and would have less concentration to put into footwork. Anyway, just scratch that part if you don't like it.

The main point of the suggestion was to promote more balanced builds, and to give penalties to extreme builds (particularly extremely high strength). As odd as it may sound with me being in KUTT, I'm not fond of full strength build characters. Discussions of skill and whatnot completely aside, it's just a hell of a lot more fun to fight someone who has a balanced build.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 1570
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 04:43:04 pm »
Realism, heh...

My current build is the proof that there is no realism in cRPG.