Author Topic: MMOcRPG  (Read 3136 times)

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
Re: MMOcRPG
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 05:19:43 am »
Memleaks.. This brings back memories of our early days on PWmod tetris. Where I stole your gold coins and bought armor, and fled to the mountains (:mrgreen:).. Oh wait that wasn't me nvm.  :shock:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 05:23:38 am by TheDashingRogue »

Offline Tetris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Once a King, Always a King.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Sovereignty
  • Game nicks: SoA_Sovereign_Tetris
  • IRC nick: Tet
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 05:20:16 am »
I remember, people got annoying. Darn griefers!

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 05:23:32 am »
pw mod with crpg playerbase could be good i suppose
Just a soldier

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 02:32:27 pm »
well there wouldnt be 1 huge map but more multiple smaller ones, each of them being run on a different server. and by reaching the edge of a map you could login to another server. this way you could keep hundreds of players online. 

having hundreds of players on 1 super strong server at the same time is impossible because requirements are growing exponentially with player count. but having hundreds of players at the same time on multiple servers in different (yet close) map locations is very possible.

btw i've been waiting for a game like m&b to be mmorpg since i did read about ultima online for the 1st time...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:34:28 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 02:36:11 pm »
As you Beauchamp i am still searching the Holy Grail of MMO CRPG game.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 02:40:58 pm »
As you Beauchamp i am still searching the Holy Grail of MMO CRPG game.

:o) well said
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 02:44:47 pm »
btw strategus is good, its not good, its awesome. still it has its limits in playerbase. but something like this (mmorpg) could trully unleash the true capacity of m&b. in the begining i thought that strategus is bs and never can be moded, now i think even mmorpg could be done.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 10:54:26 am »
Memleaks.. This brings back memories of our early days on PWmod tetris. Where I stole your gold coins and bought armor, and fled to the mountains (:mrgreen:).. Oh wait that wasn't me nvm.  :shock:

If you were a real bandit, you wold have robbed the armor!
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 01:25:23 pm »
well there wouldnt be 1 huge map but more multiple smaller ones, each of them being run on a different server. and by reaching the edge of a map you could login to another server. this way you could keep hundreds of players online. 

having hundreds of players on 1 super strong server at the same time is impossible because requirements are growing exponentially with player count. but having hundreds of players at the same time on multiple servers in different (yet close) map locations is very possible.

btw i've been waiting for a game like m&b to be mmorpg since i did read about ultima online for the 1st time...

This.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 01:37:26 pm »

I tried to lobby to TW to add a module system function that would allow me to send a player to another server. I begged em over and over again, actually. It was always declined, for whatever reason. (I guess they didn't like the idea of a fan-made mmorpg, which could indicate that they are working on a MMO game themselves)

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 03:49:21 pm »
I tried to lobby to TW to add a module system function that would allow me to send a player to another server. I begged em over and over again, actually. It was always declined, for whatever reason. (I guess they didn't like the idea of a fan-made mmorpg, which could indicate that they are working on a MMO game themselves)
WOW! I hope you are right.

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 07:22:35 pm »
I think they should provide chadz anything he wants cos he allow them to earn lot of money thanks to CRPG and he earns nothing himself. I'm wondering why they didn't offer you a full time job allready ! I know they are not a huge studio like Blizzard but still they should find a place for you.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 07:53:09 pm »

Aye, maybe... Good MMO means a lot of money. If I were "TW" I wouldn't like some crazy student to lick the best what M&B can offer (MMO and money) while leaving the scraps for others. If i were in their coat, I'd rather suck you into TW team, giving you everything you desire for making some awesome mod that could be sold separately (while keeping the profit of course) :o)

(Funny I changed my signature 1 hour ago...)

Offline Devilize

• Baron
  • Renown: 125
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!!!
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_NA Server info
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devilize, Hospitaller_Devil_Eyez
  • IRC nick: Devilize
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 01:16:51 am »
it could also indicate they are jealous.

Offline Mokkal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mokkal
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 01:35:06 am »
Anyone who suggests monsters get added into this game deserves to have a pike stuck in their face.  Dont ruin my game with your fantasy bullshit.