Poll

Do you want open flat maps on EU1?

Yes
33 (41.8%)
No
46 (58.2%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Open flat maps on EU1 for increased teamplay and use of tactics  (Read 4916 times)

Offline Rheinhardt

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Open flat maps on EU1 for increased teamplay and use of tactics
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 04:23:32 pm »
+1
Yeah I don't get that. I remember back in the proximity-reward days when most maps were for shield-walling on a bridge or such. The glory that was twenty shields facing twenty shields and the daring back-and-forth to strike and return to cover shall one day return... when people realize how fucking awesome it is.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 04:28:40 pm »
+1
I like variety. Town maps, racetrack maps (hold w and all go in circles), open maps, whatever. I think they all offer some kind of tactical approach for players. They all have some chokepoint or tactically advantageous positions, and they generally funnel players into certain areas so promote team play in that regard. I don't think I would enjoy only playing open field maps since the lack of cover results in a lot of standing around for players behind siege shields. I do like them, just couldn't play them all the time. I like maps that have some kind of flow to them with players generally on the move
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 04:36:37 pm »
+5
Kill variety and only have the most boring maps going, that's your suggestion? No way. Standing for 3 minutes like a retard while waiting for your team to move is mostly the recipe for open plains. When you finally get to move you're so bored already that you rather want to find another server than continue playing on plains.

I can see that open plains are fun for cav who can run and pick off stragglers for 3 minutes without the main clash happening, but one shouldn't have all maps based on how one class has it.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 04:40:31 pm »
Open flat maps? Those map are incredible boring, as many of the shielders is stating here.

Big open flat maps is gonna be awesome for cav, u can pretty much dominate the game. It is just a big fuck u to infantry, if we get more open maps. Since infantry is gonna be boring as hell, and not that useful on big open maps. The things u can do is very limited, u pretty much feel useless.

And plz stop with the realism arguements..... This is game, its suposed to be fun. And in my opinion, u should atleast get a few choises regarding how u would like to play it. Instead of being forced into a small block of people, because the cav/archers is too dominating.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 04:42:16 pm »
+3
And plz stop with the realism arguements..... This is game, its suposed to be fun. And in my opinion, u should atleast get a few choises regarding how u would like to play it. Instead of being forced into a small block of people, because the cav/archers is too dominating.

I know you and your kind wants to be the 2h lul hero who can single-handedly defeat entire teams like in a Hollywood Movie, but some of us prefer teamwork over that.

Plain maps reward teamwork, yourself being against them so much just makes my assumptions correct.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 04:44:41 pm »

I know you and your kind wants to be the 2h lul hero who can single-handedly defeat entire teams like in a Hollywood Movie, but some of us prefer teamwork.

wow.... and u were the one talking about dumb stereotypes?

I just want to be able to have a few choises. I dont like being forced to play that 1 way. It doesnt seem like that much fun to me. U enter the server, and have to play the exact same way, everytime. Because u pretty much have no other options.

I did also state that it was my opinion as an infantry.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 04:51:29 pm »
I love being in shield walls with my shielder. Those complaining that they hate it are just rambo's who obviously don't like team play. There should be a death match mode just for them. Shield walls actually make it feel like a real fucking battle. Not a random mob/rambos charging around eachother mindlessly.

I agree for variation, but at the moment 'variation' means an absolute shit ton of village maps which are horribly designed and badly balanced. More open plains would be very welcome, but they should also be designed open plains, not the random ones because that = mountains. Someone needs to get on it and design around 10 plains maps to go into the 60 odd map rotation we currently have.

PS. There are currently only 4 random plains maps in the entire rotation.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 04:51:46 pm »
+2
Daily EU drama thread?
Pock gobblers

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 04:54:11 pm »
+1
I love being in shield walls with my shielder. Those complaining that they hate it are just rambo's who obviously don't like team play. There should be a death match mode just for them. Shield walls actually make it feel like a real fucking battle. Not a random mob/rambos charging around eachother mindlessly.

I agree for variation, but at the moment 'variation' means an absolute shit ton of village maps which are horribly designed and badly balanced. More open plains would be very welcome, but they should also be designed open plains, not the random ones because that = mountains. Someone needs to get on it and design around 10 plains maps to go into the 60 odd map rotation we currently have.
They are way more balanced, than a completely open plain. Cav will dominate on open plains. And i can see that u are in the GK clan.

Edit: just got reminded. I dont play EU_1 that much, because of the wait time and archers. So how the hell do u guys feel like u know exactly how i play? I never charge 3v1, i wait for my team in that situation, regrouping. And i can make some proper ganks with my teammates.

It surprise me how much u just assume.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:58:31 pm by _GTX_ »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 04:54:53 pm »
+5
hilarious suggestion from someone who AFAIK only plays cav.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 04:55:41 pm »
They are way more balanced, than a completely open plain. Cav will dominate on open plains. And i can see that u are GK clan.

Cav don't dominate at all. Most open plains maps spend the first half with cav vs cav and by the time that's done most are dead. As long as infantry sticks together they have nothing to worry about. I've rarely seen open plains maps where cav has done any better than they usually do on village maps (village maps arguably easy because ninja cav round buildings).

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 04:56:44 pm »
+1
No sry cav my old friends but no..... just no...
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 04:58:07 pm »
[Realism]
(click to show/hide)
[/Realism]

No. Variety. 
Monkeys!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 05:00:16 pm »
No sry cav my old friends but no..... just no...

There are 4 plains maps in a 60 map rotation. You saying you can't handle just a few more?

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 05:02:42 pm »
+1
There are 4 plains maps in a 60 map rotation. You saying you can't handle just a few more?

Yep, thats what I at least would state.
No need for a big cav rape, cav`s OP as it is, dun need to be buffed by map rotation.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.