Author Topic: Brand new cav here  (Read 2010 times)

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Brand new cav here
« on: July 06, 2012, 04:04:19 pm »
Hey everyone I just started playing cav for the first time ever.  :mrgreen: I also just bought my first horse.  (My horse is sumpter btw) and currently I have 8agi and 6 str. Question: I seem to be getting killed by either arrows OR other cav quite frequently. How can I change this? invest in gear? Also my horse is quite slow. Riding skill will improve this but what about agi?

-Thanks for your time.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Re: Brand new cav here
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:06:29 pm »
+1
Well basicaly be prepared to die to everything untill you level up a bit, also the sumpter horse is useless. But dont worry tho, just enjoy your true peasent days and it will start getting better once you have at least a rouncey, heavy lance and some levels
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 04:11:21 pm »
make this build

strenthgt 18
agility 18

6 iron flesh,power strike,riding,weapon master,athletics
if anything is left invest in shield
140 wpf in polearms

Horse to use destrier or courser
gear to use: lance or heavy lance,some axe as side weapon,medium or light armor,good boots.

Stumper and rouncey are shit,you need proper horse. Destrier for durability or courser for speed you choose.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 04:11:49 pm »
Well basicaly be prepared to die to everything untill you level up a bit, also the sumpter horse is useless. But dont worry tho, just enjoy your true peasent days and it will start getting better once you have at least a rouncey, heavy lance and some levels
Ah so my cannon fodder qualities will continue to exist for a bit eh? Also should I either bother riding the horse till I gain levels and gear?

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:12:54 pm »
make this build

strenthgt 18
agility 18

6 iron flesh,power strike,riding,weapon master
if anything is left invest in shield
140 wpf in polearms

Horse to use destrier or courser
gear to use: lance or heavy lance,some axe as side weapon,medium or light armor,good boots.

Stumper and rouncey are shit,you need proper horse. Destrier for durability or courser for speed you choose.
I have seen the guide. and I thank you for your contribution as well.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 04:13:16 pm »
A sumpter? Well, most of the time no use riding that.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 04:13:43 pm »
Dont bother riding untill you get at least 5 riding skill and at least 5 power strike.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 04:17:53 pm »
+1
I think you're doing it wrong already trying to ride a horse (especially a shitty one).

As a 10th generation cavalry lancer I can tell you what I did my first generation that has set me up nicely every since.  So I've retired 9 times, and I have 9 heirloom points into items, and still have 50,000 gold (about half way to retiring on my current gen, will sell my loompoint, stop retiring, and never have to worry about money again).

Your first generation should be almost 100% devoted to making money and buying equipment.  By the time you retire your goal should be to have a full set of armor that you will use when you have enough strength to wear it (talking about 2nd generation onward).  You will want your weapon/s, and horse as well.

If you haven't already, use the character calculator to get an idea of what you want to be at level 30 (do a level 30 build if you plan on retiring, that usually means converting 2 skills to attributes to get you both strength and agility to a number divisible by 3).  Also, decide what horse you want to use when you have enough skills to do so.  I'd recommend the destrier, courser, or arabian warhorse (5, 6 and 7 riding requirement).  Whatever horse you will be using, use the minimum amount of agility needed to ride it.  So if you're going to ride a destrier, only have 15 agility (for the 5 riding).

http://alpha-lider19.ru/MB/ - character calculator with 100% accurate weapon proficiency model.  The easier calculator to use is this: http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm but the WPF's are not accurate (they are too high for reality).

After you retire your first time I'd sell your loompoint (for about 600k gold right now) and then buy a +1 loomed horse on the market for around 500k gold (and make 100k or more).  This will give you some buffer for your next 2 generations, the next 2 retirements I'd put your loompoints into making your horse +3 loomed.

Your first generation when you're level 30'ish you might have all your equipment/gear and horse, and as long as you have 10,000+ gold (as a buffer) you can start riding your horse.  I'd recommend getting your gold up to 20,000 before jumping on the horse. 

I'm sure I left some stuff out, so feel free to ask if you have questions.  I'll post some builds below that are my favorite, but you should let me know what weapons you plan on using.  I'm assuming lancer cavalry, but will you be using a 1h/shield as well?  I'd recommend maxing your athletics and power strike for every cavalry lancer build.  Weapon Master is the next priority, and iron flesh is only to be used if you have extra points available.

I always used polearm/1h/shield which is nice, but I'd recommend using only a polearm (that way you don't need shield skill, and can put all your WPF into polearms).

Strength: 21
    Agility: 15
    Hit points: 70

Skills to attributes: 2

Ironflesh: 7
    Power Strike: 7
    Athletics: 5
    Riding: 5
    Weapon Master: 5

Polearm proficiency:  146

Strength: 18
    Agility: 18
    Hit points: 63

Ironflesh: 6
    Power Strike: 6
    Athletics: 6
    Riding: 6
    Weapon Master: 5

Strength: 15
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 58

Ironflesh: 4
    Power Strike: 5
    Athletics: 7
    Riding: 7
    Weapon Master: 6
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:26:55 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 04:21:02 pm »
I think you're doing it wrong.

As a 10th generation cavalry lancer I can tell you what I did my first generation that has set me up nicely every since.  So I've retired 9 times, and I have 9 heirloom points into items, and still have 50,000 gold (about half way to retiring on my current gen, will sell my loompoint, stop retiring, and never have to worry about money again).

Your first generation should be almost 100% devoted to making money and buying equipment.  By the time you retire your goal should be to have a full set of armor that you will use when you have enough strength to wear it (talking about 2nd generation onward).  You will want your weapon/s, and horse as well.

If you haven't already, use the character calculator to get an idea of what you want to be at level 30 (do a level 30 build if you plan on retiring, that usually means converting 2 skills to attributes to get you both strength and agility to a number divisible by 3).  Also, decide what horse you want to use when you have enough skills to do so.  I'd recommend the destrier, courser, or arabian warhorse (5, 6 and 7 riding requirement).  Whatever horse you will be using, use the minimum amount of agility needed to ride it.  So if you're going to ride a destrier, only have 15 agility (for the 5 riding).

http://alpha-lider19.ru/MB/ - character calculator with 100% accurate weapon proficiency model.  The easier calculator to use is this: http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm but the WPF's are not accurate (they are too high for reality).

After you retire your first time I'd sell your loompoint (for about 600k gold right now) and then buy a +1 loomed horse on the market for around 500k gold (and make 100k or more).  This will give you some buffer for your next 2 generations, the next 2 retirements I'd put your loompoints into making your horse +3 loomed.

Your first generation when you're level 30'ish you might have all your equipment/gear and horse, and as long as you have 10,000+ gold (as a buffer) you can start riding your horse.  I'd recommend getting your gold up to 20,000 before jumping on the horse. 

I'm sure I left some stuff out, so feel free to ask if you have questions.
Quite the math there...Thanks a lot. So what you're saying is focus on gear/skills and maybe a horse first gen and then get the horse(for sure) second gen?
Edit: ANd yes i am planniongn on going only polearm because screw shields im bored of them and prefer to be somewhat of a spammer.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:26:20 pm by betard_lulz »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 04:24:48 pm »
Skills will come as the levels do, nothing to focus on in game, but just use the calculator to plan your level 30 build before you get there :)

And your main goal should be getting money and buying equipment, the equipment you want to use for your "final build".   Buy all your armor, weapons and horse before trying to ride your horse.  Otherwise you will never have enough money to buy equipment if you start riding it now.  I'd also recommend on your next generations, start with strength and neglect agility until you get to 12 strength (enough for most armor and weapons, heavy lance requires 11 str), then go agility until you max it out (at what you will have your agility at) and then go back to strength.

What I generally do (since I have polearm WPF) is use a pitch fork and a a boar spear until I hit 11 strength.  With these you can stun enemies if you hit them (always fight near teammates) and hopefully your teammate will get the kill.  And you can rear horses (try to avoid their lance, and poke their horse on the face), this will really help your teammates.  And if you die, it's probably better than your infantry buddy who isn't a peasant.  You should be trying to be a meat shield as a last resort, and trying to poke people and horses until you are able to buy all your equipment.  Your next generations do the same thing until you hit 11 strength, and then equip your infantry items and start trying to fuck some people up.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:30:55 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 04:27:36 pm »
Otherwise you will never have enough money to buy equipment if you start riding it now.
Thanks, just actually put my horse away because i figured something like that with the upkeep and all.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 04:39:37 pm »
Play on the level 20 server, use light lance / lance with rouncey + weak armor, you will top score if you know how to couch + thrust. Sumpter sucks , don't use it

I played 4 gen on level 20 server and I top score almost on everymap, except cities map

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 04:53:04 pm »
Where/what is this level 20 server?

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 05:00:56 pm »
Where/what is this level 20 server?

In the server list, something called EU_Maxlevel20 or something like that, you will get x1.5 exp from there, so you will level up faster than in Eu1/ Na1, as a cav in there myself can kill 70/90% of the whole enemy team on every round (When they have no ranged, throwers/ pike)

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 05:24:45 pm »
Thanks ill definately do that. right now though i'm enjoying my x5 cause my team is awesome lol