Author Topic: Fatigue for shield?  (Read 4704 times)

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
Re: Fatigue for shield?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 07:50:52 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 07:58:15 pm »
Totally different, 2h you use both hands + your body str, like digging with a big shovel, with shield it is only attached to your arm, like trying to dig with a big shovel only with 1 arm, what gets you more tired??

Next fatsack please..

obviously you are not smart enough to recognize or appreciate satire

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 08:00:44 pm »

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 08:03:00 pm »
There are also many ways to counter them already. You could:

• Just circle them. They are slow as hell while carrying a shield.
  • Kick them.

My absolute favourites, a) it doesn't help if you circle turtling shielder, he turns even a bit and the forcefield blocks your hit starting from shield skill 4. b) Kicking a shielder doesn't help you, there is like a 2% chance to hit him before shield is up again, unless someone else kick him and you swing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:06:14 pm by Von_Hazaa »

Offline TR_Ragnarok

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Fan-Site For SNSD
  • Faction: Astralis/SNSD/AznBoiClub
  • Game nicks: AsianBoyJesse_Astralis / SNSD_Sunny <3
  • IRC nick: AsianBoyJesse
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 08:33:42 pm »
+2
Why should we add fatigue to only Shields?
It makes no sense and it is unfair to give a certain weapon group a Heavy Handicap such as a "fatigue" by itself.
Don't Stop lets take it back to one forty.

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 08:37:36 pm »
Fatigue meaning as a random chance for shield to drop after series of hits. Besides last time i checked shield is not used to swing, the 1h weapon is.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 09:46:13 pm »
I dont get why you would downvote this so hard appart from being a butthurt shielder.

I dont think Hazaa wants shielders to be easy prey in a 1v1. I think it is about those people who can effectivly block off multiple people out of a fight by activating godmode by clicking RMB as long as the shield lasts, catching about 5 strikes per second with their shields with absolutely no skill involved. Among the directional fighting, the manual blocking system may be the core feature that makes this game so attracting and shielders simply go trollface.jpg

I cant see why there shouldnt be a stun/blockcancel if you manage to get many hits on a shield in a short time in a 1v1, which is only possible against noobs or trolls anyway. Weapon damage + weight determines how fast the "stun o meter" fills on the shielder side and when its full the block is canceled for a short time, which also means death to 13 shield skill trolling. This would not at all affect shielders who are actually trying to counterattack but it would take away undeserved advantages of those turtles, like it should be.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21:29 am »
I dont get why you would downvote this so hard appart from being a butthurt shielder.

I dont think Hazaa wants shielders to be easy prey in a 1v1. I think it is about those people who can effectivly block off multiple people out of a fight by activating godmode by clicking RMB as long as the shield lasts, catching about 5 strikes per second with their shields with absolutely no skill involved. Among the directional fighting, the manual blocking system may be the core feature that makes this game so attracting and shielders simply go trollface.jpg

I cant see why there shouldnt be a stun/blockcancel if you manage to get many hits on a shield in a short time in a 1v1, which is only possible against noobs or trolls anyway. Weapon damage + weight determines how fast the "stun o meter" fills on the shielder side and when its full the block is canceled for a short time, which also means death to 13 shield skill trolling. This would not at all affect shielders who are actually trying to counterattack but it would take away undeserved advantages of those turtles, like it should be.
Good point, but the big question is still: why just for shields?

I can accept (hell, it might even be a good idea) that you may drop your shield if you take a lot of hits to it in a short ammount of time. But wouldn't it harder for someone blocking a lot of hits with a WEAPON instead of a shield to keep hold of it? Blocking a lot of hits with a small, light hammer should make you drop it no?

Ofc, this would take a lot of skill out of the game and buff the already powerful long reach weapons.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2012, 05:34:58 am »
buy/carry/use/grab a shield breaking weapon
buy/carry/use/grab a maul

quit crying cuz you are a butthurt 2h that spams a turtle and wastes his time

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 07:54:36 am »
+3
Wow.. if you wanted to implement this for everyone, it wouldn't be so bad but only implementing it for shielders reveals your very apparent bias. Shields don't last that long vs shield breakers even with high shield skill.

I don't see why there should be anything random about a shield dropping anyway. Its stupid. Its the same for a weapon blocking another weapon. Should you have a random chance of dropping your weapon if you're fighting 1v1 for too long? inb4 no its a 2h blah blah

Fatigue might be a good idea but with your suggestion as it is... no.

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 11:47:05 am »

This, first one who understood..

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 11:47:53 am »
Wow.. if you wanted to implement this for everyone, it wouldn't be so bad but only implementing it for shielders reveals your very apparent bias. Shields don't last that long vs shield breakers even with high shield skill.

I don't see why there should be anything random about a shield dropping anyway. Its stupid. Its the same for a weapon blocking another weapon. Should you have a random chance of dropping your weapon if you're fighting 1v1 for too long? inb4 no its a 2h blah blah

Fatigue might be a good idea but with your suggestion as it is... no.

It would be biased to add it for every class, since shield is autoblocking, rest is manual.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 12:14:23 pm »
It would be biased to add it for every class, since shield is autoblocking, rest is manual.

So your argument is that people who hold shields would get fatigued but people spamming 2h multiple times would not? I only say this since your argument for even introducing fatigue is that people holding a shield for 10 seconds would get fatigued.

And it would be biased to add it for only one class. Shielders get tired but kiting archers, spamming 2hers, etc do not.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 12:15:50 pm »
Good point, but the big question is still: why just for shields?

I can accept (hell, it might even be a good idea) that you may drop your shield if you take a lot of hits to it in a short ammount of time. But wouldn't it harder for someone blocking a lot of hits with a WEAPON instead of a shield to keep hold of it? Blocking a lot of hits with a small, light hammer should make you drop it no?

Ofc, this would take a lot of skill out of the game and buff the already powerful long reach weapons.

Good point also. I wouldnt mind when itd be the same for weapons. I gotta say though that I have never experienced players who turtle by manual blocking to be a problem, as there needs to be at least some skill to do so.

Pressing rmb as a shielder however takes no skill. Fighting shielders is probably the most boring thing in this game because even if they are complete newbies, there is no way get through their defence when they play turtle an backpaddel. This might not be much of a problem for regular inf shielders as you can simply switch targets but it is certainly a pain when throwers do it.

Id welcome some sort of "stun o meter" displayed on the hud which steadily decreases like a "overheating bar" for shooting games when not getting hits. It should calculate ps + weapon weight + damage on the attacker side and on the shielder side the shield weight + shield skill + shield type should detemine how much "stamina" he has for the shield and how fast it recovers. Of course when hitting a 6 shield skill steel shield with a dagger it should not be possible to make the shield drop. A 6 ps GS that lands a combo 5 or 6 or 7 consecutive hits or any other suitable value of strikes on a shield however should make it drop.

To prevent shielders getting outreached by backpaddeling long weapon users simply make the "stamina drain" proportional to the movement speed of the attacker, NOT relative speed bonus, i.e. when the shield gets hit by a backpaddeler the stamina drain on shield is very small, rendering shield fatigue almost unnoticable. If the attacker holds W the whole time though, stamina should get drained the most.

Again, this would not have any noticable effect on shielders with brains. As long as you are able to at least get 1 attack out for every 3 attacks you reveive from the enemy you are fine ( if you cant you should uninstall the game anyway ). And last but not least, this way crushthrough vs shields would finally find some balance by just giving those weapons "bonus against shield fatigue" or let the drain factor simply be calculated by the massive weight instead of giving them a free hit once in range.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 12:18:19 pm »

You said it yourself.
Shield is not autoblocking, if you want to be good shielder it requires a lot of timing and
situational awareness.
You always have to wait for a good moment to strike, since most 1H`s are short and
you are pretty slow with most of the shields too.

Concerning your suggestion:

No way. Dont want to imagine all that 2H and Pole backpedaling until their opponent drops his shield
and gettin a free strike then.
2H and Pole doesnt require more skill than 1H and an average manual blocker has
no probs vs a shielder.
You just exchange the easier blockin and arrow protection against longer
reach, more speed and damage.

Classes are fairly well balanced atm and a butthurt fucker will not change this.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.