Author Topic: WTF, why is the USSR flag in the banner system?  (Read 5890 times)

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
Re: WTF, why is the USSR flag in the banner system?
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2012, 09:11:06 am »
The quote in your sig is oddly appropriate.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2012, 12:41:54 pm »
+3
so what they do? learn history man, USSR was only able to retain and repel the attack, my grandfather almost sacrificed his life in war! USSR banner stay there! because most of those who played crpg  fragments of this big country...i mean from Russia, Kazachstan, Kirgizstan and so on

sry for my bad english
Thanka to the guys with hammer n sickle 1/3 of my countrymen were packed into animal vagons and "moved" to siberia. Few ever returned.
On top of that - "sacrificing few hundred soldiers to overheat german mashineguns" tactics employed regulary by ussr is why your grandfather almost lost his life. That victory was not won by communists, it was won by all those who were not given a choice by the communists and died because of that. I feel respect for their sacrifice, but I will ALWAYS feel utter utmost disdain towards communists (their symbols including).
And hammer n sicle are not legal symbols everywhere in eu, fact. Not without reason IMO.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2012, 12:49:29 pm »
Stop downvoting me Herkkufail (Mors). U should be against communizm and USSR as they raped ur grandpas (or grand grandpas) in the ass and slit their throats.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1685
  • Infamy: 2890
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2012, 12:49:53 pm »
+1
Maybe just us an older variant of the US flag, Berenger (I always liked the Betsy Ross variant better anyhow), as the country that it was when founded is not really the same one that exists today; this should be acceptable under Leshma's line of reasoning.

I'm not supporting USSR flag, just saying there's a difference between USA and USSR. Only lulz banner that should stay is tuxedo, everything else should be replaced with proper medieval banners.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2012, 12:59:41 pm »
+2
Trying to say USSR was as bad as chocolate chip cookie Germany is being an ungrateful idiot, or a neofascist.

They were our (and by our, I mean, everyone who was fighting against the Axis, regardless of nation) allies in the war; if you ignore their role, then you are an idiot, and discussion is moot. If you are a neofascist, then you are idiotic to the point arguing is completely senseless. Maybe your country exported steel to Germany and was spared of warfare, in which case, shut up. Everyone who was fighting should feel some respect for the part the USSR played for our side.

That the USSR was far from "nice", we also know. Although things were done by different standards in the day. Bombing a city with firebombs was something to cheer; today it would be an unimaginable atrocity. However, there's the big difference between even the worst part of USSR's atrocities and chocolate chip cookie atrocities; USSR killed people in power struggles, to win the war, for conquest, and suppress dissent (and because Stalin was a mad, paranoid bastard).

Which, while atrocious, cannot be compared to exterminating people because of what they were, because the ideology says this race and religion should cease to exist.

Trying to make comparisons between chocolate chip cookie Germany and anyone in modern history is revisionist crap.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2012, 01:00:02 pm »
+1
That said, modern country banners have no place in CRPG.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2012, 01:01:16 pm »
Trying to say USSR was as bad as chocolate chip cookie Germany is being an ungrateful idiot, or a neofascist.

They were worse.

Am I a neochocolate chip cookie now, Bruce?

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2012, 01:02:05 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

So true. Where's the +1000 button if needed. Permaban wouldnt help though, that doesnt teach anything.

I agree with Leshma and bruce, remove anything that is modern and not medieval.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2012, 01:06:21 pm »
....dude...are you just trolling now? We cant start praising Stalin just cause he killed slightly less people ffs. Cause you cant really be that stupid. Communists where horrible people, even worse than chocolate chip cookies at some point. There is also proof that chocolate chip cookies got the idea for constentration camps from communists. Lets not forget the massive ammounts of rapists that ran around the Red army.

Also I dont get why Russians dont feel shame about communism. Shit economy and dead red army soldiers where just thrown into a dich or sent to run infront of machiengunfire cause the soviet generals where "brilliant" tacticians like that. :lol:

You still going on about this, although it pains me to say this i must agree wtih Xant, please, PLEASE read up on your history.

Communism lasted longer than the chocolate chip cookie regime, therefore obviously the amount of dead (although no accurate figures), would add up to be higher than that during the chocolate chip cookies. Also this idea of concentration camps and who invented them, as Xant said, it was an old idea being renewed as there had to be locations were the 'politically unacceptable' were sent.

Bruce also seemed to sum it up very well, although the USSR in general was much worse

(click to show/hide)

+1, well said.

(Edit, when i say i agree with Xant i meant the readin up on history part, not the rest of his idiotic trolling)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:14:39 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2012, 01:08:38 pm »
+1
Under Staline regime there was around 20 millions deaths, including the state created starvings in Ukraine.

Staline might have been longer in power than einstein, but numbers are there.

Also, China, lost 30 to 40 million persons during the ''Great Jump Forward'' (either that or the other reform, which name escapes me) in a fucking year.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2012, 01:09:39 pm »
+1
my god this Xant ...

probably will say he was trolling to mask his idiocy

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2012, 01:13:22 pm »
They were worse.

Am I a neochocolate chip cookie now, Bruce?
:?:
Count me as neonaci too in this case. This shit about not comparing chocolate chip cookie vs soviet atrocities sounds reasonable to the uneducated  and/or indoctrinated ones.

Offline borisko

• Count
  • Renown: 158
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2012, 01:16:03 pm »
are you trying to legitimate chocolate chip cookie regime? then go away. if you are against Communism it is a political debate. But you can't use your arguments to legitimate chocolate chip cookies. and i will always keep the words of Xant's "chocolate chip cookies didn't do genocide" on my mind.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2012, 01:18:19 pm »
are you trying to legitimate chocolate chip cookie regime? then go away. if you are against Communism it is a political debate. But you can't use your arguments to legitimate chocolate chip cookies. and i will always keep the words of Xant's "chocolate chip cookies didn't do genocide" on my mind.

I havent seen anyone legitimize chocolate chip cookies, ive seen shit posted but noone stating its a good idea......have you even read the thread?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2311
  • Infamy: 745
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2012, 01:19:01 pm »
+1
They were worse.

They had more time to act :wink:

Btw. major difference between communism and YMCA is that every single chocolate chip cookiest believed in what einstein was saying, that Jews should be "taken care of", same for other "non-pure" people, those who weren't in perfect physical health etc.

Communists or people who lived in communist states (who were idealists) didn't believe in that crap, most of them truly believed in freedom and sharing (that's why youth worked for free to build infrastructure).

Communist governments killed people, fucked up minds like Stalin were the one who did the crimes. Citizens of those countries were victims in most cases and of course they didn't approve of what their leader was doing but they couldn't do shit because military was far too strong and they were scared of "foreign threat". I'm talking about regular citizens who weren't spies for government.

Americans are similar to communists. Some of them believe in freedom, many of them are willing to support everything their government does in order to keep them at the top. Only difference is that USA victims are mostly people from foreign states.

And USA still exist and kills people all over the world, chocolate chip cookie Germany and USSR does not exist anymore.

But I guess that cmp left USSR banner to provoke Americans.