Poll

Do you want cav to take skill?

yes
120 (67.4%)
no
58 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Author Topic: Nerf Cav  (Read 12853 times)

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
Nerf Cav
« on: June 29, 2012, 05:35:46 am »
+16
I think cavalry needs a nerf.
Cavalry being the class as a whole, not just lancers, but 1h cav, 2h cav and horse crossbowmen.
Pardon given to horse archers at the moment because it is shit as a class atm.
Noone plays horse archer on NA. Dunno about EU

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Heres what I propose.

A change that was made many months ago but taken out a few days after implementation due to whiners.

The rider being bumped/stunned when bumping someone on foot.

(This was the same change longspears and pikes had blocking removed)

Heres why this change was genius.

Horse charge damage is a dumb mechanic. You can get kills by holding up a shield and steering into people.

If your enemy does not have a weapon capable of rearing horses (141 length polearm?)

They will get bumped for alot of damage more often than not.

I suggest the devs bring this beautiful mechanic back.

If it was brought back, heres what I see happening.

At least half of all cavalry players quitting cavalry to go do something equally as gay.

This will not only nerf lancers,1hers but also horse crossbowmen.

I don't think this is the only fix nor will this remedy the HX problem on NA but it is an encompassing nerf that does contribute.

(click to show/hide)
Bump lancing, bump couch-lancing, bump slashing and bump-shooting will be gone forever.

Thank god.

With a lowered number of cavalry you will see a steady decrease of throwers and an increase of archers and crossbowmen.

Just like old cRPG.

The players dedicated to playing cavalry will still have the stomach to play without retardedly-easy game mechanics to make a class already perfectly capable of high scores.

Please I want cRPG to be like old where you were lucky to see a horse on a server.

This isn't just a nostalgic wish, the reason noone played cav back then was because
1. Expensive to save up for a horse
2. Archers tore everything to shreds
3. Sniper xbows (no wpf, pinpoint accurate)
4. Lolstab on 2hers was much better and out-ranging heavy lances, even with their old lancing angle, was relatively easy for an average player.

Now I want most of the cav players to quit because

1. Battle servers are plagued with people Bump lancing, bump couch-lancing, bump slashing and bump-shooting (Game mechanic bad for balance)
2. More cav = more longspears/pikes/throwers/archers (These weapons are universally raged at on a daily basis)
3. Without cav being AS easy as it is now, people will either be turned off by the newly necessary skill to get kills, or if that isn't enough, the fact that necessary skill and all that upkeep will be problems.

Shit game

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
Re: Nerf Cav
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 05:48:22 am »
+16
Buff Cudgel

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 05:50:13 am »
+1
You don't like challengers? :wink: Nah I think it's awesome that there is atleast some horselovers nowadays. Rider getting stunned while bumping was not a good mechanic. If we start to think that some class has to be played less we would have to do something radical to ranged as well. We all know that if there is a lot of archers they make everyone else want to quit. Same goes with cavalry.

But then again I don't think you're serious and just wrote a parody about cav nerf threads, right? :rolleyes:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 05:51:13 am »
+2
At the very moment of my post you're in Battle doing the exact thing you want to be nerfed, what the fuck.

Offline Calmir

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 05:51:36 am »
Double Deeeeeeeez

Offline Shatter

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Shatter_Astralis
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 05:56:14 am »
+3
At the very moment of my post you're in Battle doing the exact thing you want to be nerfed, what the fuck.
If it's in the game, use it. Doesn't mean you have to think it's balanced.

Offline TiFFman

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TiFFman_BRD, TiFFman_Unicorns, TiFFman_Cavalieres
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 06:00:56 am »
+4
If it was somehow based on armor that would be a nice feature.  Would suck having this happen when you bump a leather archer or naked dude or something.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 06:01:35 am »
If it's in the game, use it. Doesn't mean you have to think it's balanced.

Not a very good exemple of practice what you preach though.

But I agree, had the pleasure to see Rohypnol just have fun turning on a dime on his cataphract with 4 shields to repeatedly knockdown Huey because shields reaches under the stomach of horses.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 06:07:52 am »
I wasn't understanding everything in this post... but two things stuck out to me:
1. A cavalry player is saying to nerf cavalry, which means something.
3. Sniper xbows (no wpf, pinpoint accurate)
No, in old cRPG crossbow WPF didn't work, and it was inaccurrate as 1 WPF is now, but for everyone, even those with WPF in crossbows. It was never pinpoint...

Anyways, I don't think cavalry is thaaaaat overpowered; I just think cavalry bumps should be changed to the Native style bumps, and we can see from there.

Offline Maciver

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 06:17:28 am »

He is always cav, always has been, regardless of changes to the class.

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 06:24:30 am »

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 06:30:17 am »
+1
Yes to the poll, but I think stunning the rider when they bump won't be a liked mechanic. It seems like it punishes cav for performing correctly. However, I think cav should be punished more for screwing up.

-Increased lance angle on the shorter spears so they can combat lancer cav. Good against lancer cav, takes skill to beat anything else.
-Stun the rider when he gets stopped, so he can't poke his way out or get off the horse that easily.
-Either 30% damage straight up when dehorsed or fall damage based on horse speed and mitigated by leg armor. Not too little or too much. Cav don't always fall in the spot that you think, so there are times where dehorsed cav don't get hit at all, and many are capable melee builds.

I think the above three are good, and only worsen situations where the cavalry player may likely die, anyhow.

(optional)increased speed required to bump/knockdown- this is the most direct nerf, so I could see how cav would hate this. It would also be even harder for them to get away if stopped. An alternate option would be to reduce shield forcefield on horse. It should not cover the legs. That way, low speed knockdowns will be harder to perform.

EDIT:

Almost forgot

To help ranged against cav, remove the weakness of the legs, and make the head even weaker. It nerfs frontal assaults against archers, reduces teamhit damage to your horse, and increases the chance of a pikeman killing the horse outright. The head is small enough for only skilled ranged to hit from afar, and it is the part of the horse that the rider can control the best.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 06:36:39 am by san. »

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 06:39:21 am »
+2
I wasn't understanding everything in this post... but two things stuck out to me:
1. A cavalry player is saying to nerf cavalry, which means something.

its simple he doesnt like being chased or killed by other cav which he believes aren't on the same skill level as him. he wants to be the only cav riding around lancing peasants in the back. lets face it rohy and these other cavers just get in his way
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 06:47:21 am »
+2
he wants to be the only cav riding around lancing peasants in the back.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 07:02:09 am »
+1
I agree with this solution.

I would also have accepted a nerf to coursers and arabians.  If all cav were on destriers, I don't think there'd be nearly the problem, even without implementing bump-stuns.  Just too easy to lance people by surprise when you can come up on them at 80 mph.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde