Poll

New Mutli System will need ASSISTS counting introduced?

YES
176 (82.2%)
NO
15 (7%)
Maybe
23 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 213

Author Topic: New Multi System will need ASSISTS  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
Re: New Multi System will need ASSISTS
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2012, 01:50:08 am »
PLEASE limit assist to 25%+ of damage. Otherwise well have idiots going around punching people just to get a share of assists.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2012, 01:53:53 am »
I don't know.

I think assist would give spammers more incentive to hit everyone they possibly can, when they aren't actually the ones fighting the enemy until death.

That IS a good point.

Maybe make team hits a negative modifier to the assist column...  just like tk's are negative to the kill column?

Btw, in a battle/war your SUPPOSED to hit everyone you can,

- Its not always about 'the ones fighting the enemy to the death' if you just made it, through your earlier dmg, a one shot proposition  for the guy on your side, turning into:

'The one fighting the (same) enemy to the death at a big advantage because of what his teammate did ealier'...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 02:03:21 am by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2012, 02:04:19 am »
PLEASE limit assist to 25%+ of damage. Otherwise well have idiots going around punching people just to get a share of assists.

^this

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2012, 03:45:34 am »
Why do we need to count assists? Everyone will have assists then, and the TAB menu will be crowded. Unless it's for extra experience, then no.

Maybe you don't need assists but they are valuable to other players.  This game is too Rambo as it is.  Rewarding assists is a good idea.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2012, 07:44:21 am »
Renown whore.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2012, 10:47:54 am »
+1
I find myself talking about this almost daily basis with my friends. We love to kill horses, but as it doesn't show anywhere in scoreboards... it's quite discouraging. It would be cool to have 1 row for killing blows, 1 for horse kills and 1 for assists. People could clearly see that killing horses have affect in outcome of battles and low lvl / not so good players can get nice amount of assists when they teamplay instead of running to death round after round and see that sad 0-5 scoreboard.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2012, 10:56:03 am »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2012, 11:03:48 am »
+1
Time for displaying damage dealt on the scoreboard and win/loss ratio on the website. Also use win/loss ratio for balancing teams.

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2012, 11:20:09 am »
as long as it doesnt take any longer to reach 31 then idc what they do. also on siege what are they gonna do? in siege u need certain number of troops to guard the flag while the rest of the team guards the walls. u know just incase there are flag ninjas or enemies break the line. how are they gonna deal with this? seriously if everyone guards the walls then the flag is wide open. i have a bad feeling about this change
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2012, 11:34:11 am »
+1
Change? Good or bad?! Lets see. Chad was quite mysterious about this change again. It will be sugar, but it won't be sweet...

I support:
+ keep XP based on teamperformance win/lose as main factor - dead or alive.
Becouse teamplay should be rewarded!
+ add XP bonus for a number of dealt damage (not kills) accumulated over the whole round on person or horse only if gained without teamhitting.
This would add motivation to be active in combat and to be careful whilst fighting. And it would counter killwhoring, what is good for everyone.

I would not like:
- XP bonus for being close to action
This is bad for archers, cav, scouts and scirmishers and only good for mindless mob action. On many occations shure its good to gang up, but not always.
- XP bonus for kills
becouse of egomaniac killhunters ruining teamplay.

also possibly nice to have:
+ penalice teamkilling with cancelling XP bonus in this round.
+ show horsekill on scoreboard
+ show assists on scoreboard

EDIT:
Possible Formula for XP gain per damage dealt (with teamhitting cancelling the bonus, maybe give a tolarance for minor teamhits):

(damage dealt x 2) x actual multiplier added to total experience.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 12:07:13 pm by Eugen »

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2012, 01:18:24 pm »
+2
oh man .. am i really the onlyone that thinks this current multy-system is good as it is ? it is so easy and serves the purpose that i call it a genious strike in this game ...

... pls consider that each and every multy system will have their pros and cons .. and the more complicated the more exploitable and abusable it is !!! there will be only more problems if you try to implemented any of these complicated ideas ... including proximity based xp gain ! the problems you are talking about (ramboing/leeching w/e) is not the mechanics , its the players ! and player based problems should be dealt with at its source not with indirect mechanics changes ... leechers/teamhitters and also rambos can and should be made responsible on community base , its a community issue ! you can talk in chat , you can report to admin,m problem solved.

btw: we got really ambitous and good admins (that has to be said more often imo) who you can talk to , we got a high level discussions going on the forums (well also some troll threads but not as much as in other gamer forums) , we got popular and nice devs as that actually do care for the community and are closer to the playerbase than 99% of all other MMOs.

pls ask yourself what it is that you really want. and ask yourself what you really need, what this game and its community needs. if youre frustrated because your team didnt support you when you was alone fighting vs 5 guys ... then mb you did rambo a bit to much .. do not try to punish others for your own failures, thats not good man =/

NOW regarding the xp gain mechanics rewarding assists ; unless anyone shows me another simple(!) and genious approach to do proximity/assist based xp gain mechanics that does include playstyles like
"the lonely sniper" ala ArtemRUS ,
"the brave Flanker" ala Kinngrim
if there is shielders who do his job and suck damage for others ... will that be taken into account ? if there is a shieldwall getting hit by 100 arrows when they should be going for some rangers or make a passage through enemy lines ... will they get penalized?
and many other styles that will not benefit from proximity based xp gain
and many bad playstyles that will benefit from proximity based xp gain

i say there is no fair system that tries to map all the different playstyles possible and it will always be exploitable and abusable until you use an abstraction which the current approach does.

sorry for the Wall .. but i felt like it needed to be said .. and i could even continue with some more stuff but noone would ever read it  :mrgreen:

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2012, 02:38:07 pm »
Time for displaying damage dealt on the scoreboard and win/loss ratio on the website. Also use win/loss ratio for balancing teams.

This. +1
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1943
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2012, 02:43:16 pm »
In the last few months autobalance simply isn't working. Very often one team wins with 30-0 (when there's over 100 people playing) and 20-0 (40vs40).

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2012, 02:57:45 pm »
Assists would be surely done for damage to non-ally hits, or the current ally teamwound system could be made stricter to 3 instead of 5 chances.

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2012, 05:25:01 pm »
you guys reallize that soreboard and xp gain are 2 different things ? not to be taken personally but this is just a broken diskussion