Author Topic: Tamriel rebuilt Sacred east (Morrowind mod)  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Tamriel rebuilt Sacred east (Morrowind mod)
« on: June 25, 2012, 12:13:36 pm »
+1
For all you TES:Morrowind fans out there: I vaugley remember checking out an ambitios project in the past. As some of you may know the realm of the Dunmer isnt only the island of Vanderfell, (that was featured in the Morrowind game) there is also a vast mainland surounding it as seen in this map

Recently i decided to check out that project once again to see if they made any progress. It is a massive undertaking to recreate such huge masses of land but they seem to have a relatively recent release worth reinstalling that great game.

http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/42145/
http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23520&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This is now the third out of six parts of the Dumer mainland to be released

The second map:
Tamriel Rebuilt Map 2 - Antediluvian Secrets
-Over 580 exterior cells
-Over 420 interior cells
-Over 4000 dialogue entries
-Over 650 NPCs

And the 1st one: Tamriel Rebuilt Telvannis

-Over 500 exterior cells
-Over 400 interior cells
-Over 6500 dialogue entries
-Over 950 NPCs
-Over 25 new creatures
-Over 250 new pieces of equipment
-Over 100 quests

My laptop is currently broken but i will surely download and try them all together once it is fixed. If anyone wants to try this out i would apreciate feedback on it  :wink:

Also there is some talk of a exteriors-only alpha of the  development map 4 but i cant seem to find that one
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Tamriel rebuilt Sacred east (Morrowind mod)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:44:17 pm »
Fuck it. Just use Skyrim engine and make Elsweyr mod. Bestest place in Tamriel and those numbheads at Bethesda won't even realize and next TES will prolly be shitty Summerset Isle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 11:00:58 pm »
Fuck it. Just use Skyrim engine and make Elsweyr mod. Bestest place in Tamriel and those numbheads at Bethesda won't even realize and next TES will prolly be shitty Summerset Isle.

If it's going to be some Elven fairytale land, I'm gonna' GTX.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:58:10 pm »
+1

Khajiit arent exactly a relevant species to the current story so i dont know why would they cosider putting the next setting of TES in Elsweyr.

Unless...

They adress the misterious moon disappearance/reappearance sidestory as a main quest of some sorts  :D
Khajiit joind the Aldmeri dominion afther the supposed reappearance was tributed to the Altmer. The moon is vital for the Khajiit because of their different forms influenced by the moon

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 12:52:27 am »
Thing is. Elsweyr sound like the bestest and most epic scenario/landscape in any game i've seen.

Ancient Cities that has been devoured whole by sandstorms. Sandy nice warm beaches, palm trees. Big deserts and epic cities with (a bit of middle eastern touch in it).

Sounds incredibly good. Unlike Russian Forest Cyrodil depressing crap (Shivering Isles looked cool though) or Skyrim with forest and snow...and snow...oh and some grey boring village...and snow btw.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 09:47:47 am »
Thing is. Elsweyr sound like the bestest and most epic scenario/landscape in any game i've seen.

Ancient Cities that has been devoured whole by sandstorms. Sandy nice warm beaches, palm trees. Big deserts and epic cities with (a bit of middle eastern touch in it).

Sounds incredibly good. Unlike Russian Forest Cyrodil depressing crap (Shivering Isles looked cool though) or Skyrim with forest and snow...and snow...oh and some grey boring village...and snow btw.

Yes, walking through miles of endless, dull, boring desert and ruins, sounds exciting, sounds kind of like Fallout 3 and NV which both got boring really old, nevermind it's still a good idea though, right?.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 09:51:22 am »
+1
Well it would be an exotic world and that has its appeal. The thing with Morrowind is that it is so different from anything you know and so fun to explore and quest in, the atmospehere is outstanding.

But tbh they should focus more on the quests/story. I dont want a dumbed down console bullshit

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 12:28:07 pm »
Yes, walking through miles of endless, dull, boring desert and ruins, sounds exciting, sounds kind of like Fallout 3 and NV which both got boring really old, nevermind it's still a good idea though, right?.

NV and F3 wasn't bad u nub!

Also it wouldn't have to be necessarily endless everywhere just a few certain places/deserts should be extra big. And why not? You'll rather prefer boring same old green trees and same crappy ruins over and over again?

Would love if it were that exotic. Either that or get back to Redguards n shit in Hammerfell and pirates and stuff like that stand-alone TES game :D

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 12:55:28 am »
+1
NV and F3 wasn't bad u nub!

Also it wouldn't have to be necessarily endless everywhere just a few certain places/deserts should be extra big. And why not? You'll rather prefer boring same old green trees and same crappy ruins over and over again?

Would love if it were that exotic. Either that or get back to Redguards n shit in Hammerfell and pirates and stuff like that stand-alone TES game :D

I didn't say it was bad, I just got bored of them pretty quickly and found myself struggling to enjoy it for extended periods of time even after I modded it heavily towards my own tastes.

What I'm saying is we just need the king of TES games. If that won't be done then I say go back to the lands already been done and yes Redguards in Hammerfell etc is a good one. Trees don't bother me, same crappy ruins over and over again is going to happen in any TES game if they only make the same old crappy ruins over and over again. There are trees in Elswyr, but there is a massive part of arid plain, that would just be dull if half or more of the game took place in it. I think they need to start looking at the lands in a bigger scope, have it take place in more than one region, with more detailed and interesting storylines. I really didn't care much for the Skyrim storyline and I got really bored of Dragons, really fast.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 01:19:29 am »
After running around catching butterflies and socking the smart-mouthed children it got kind of boring.
And how!

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 07:10:15 am »
So, my laptop is back again, dling Morrowind GOTY edition. Gonna start dling these mods also