Author Topic: cRPG: status and plans  (Read 56632 times)

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG: status and plans
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2012, 06:49:13 am »
can u make it easier/faster to build towers, catapults and ballistas. maybe add a spike wall(sort of like siege shield) or soemthing to help defend against cavalry. how about a capture the flag mode with two opposing castles. this would maybe give a reason to build towers, catapults and ballistas. this will also allow for much longer rounds and greater ways to earn xp

why is NA siege down all the time?:(
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2012, 07:58:01 am »
I would like to see key (example left alt) that gives you walking speed which is same with every player. :DD

Then everyone would turn into the "crazy German kid" whenever they were walking and wanted to check the scoreboard. :D

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2012, 09:44:47 am »
+1
All points sound good to me. A bit skeptical of actually seeing 1-3, but will stay positive for now.   :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2012, 04:22:53 pm »
That is kinda my point, a shield currently blocks all incoming attacks including ranged, which is why I assume they made it so you cant kick and hold up your shield, otherwise its a complete freeroll. Shield bash would negate this and be pretty OP in comparason to kicks.

True enough, there would need to be some sort of major disadvantage to the shield bash. Maybe you wouldn't be able to turn once committed to a shield bash. So it could be easily sidestepped

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2012, 09:13:18 pm »
+1
If these changes are as big as you say they will be, I hope you are planning to buff xp and/or retirement bonus so that it is easier for players to experiment with new wpf values, builds, etc.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:26:34 pm by oprah_winfrey »

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2012, 11:21:53 am »
regarding the xp changes:

as long as it doesnt take any longer to reach 31 then idc what they do. also on siege what are they gonna do? in siege u need certain number of troops to guard the flag while the rest of the team guards the walls. u know just incase there are flag ninjas or enemies break the line. how are they gonna deal with this? seriously if everyone guards the walls then the flag is wide open. i have a bad feeling about this change
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Zandieer

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2012, 02:01:31 pm »
I love the sound of all these changes (and also the fact you guys are more strict about banners!), but I have one more thing to add: better first person view. I know, many won't use it, but at least make it an option, if possible, pretty please. :D

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2012, 10:58:56 pm »
I love the sound of all these changes (and also the fact you guys are more strict about banners!), but I have one more thing to add: better first person view. I know, many won't use it, but at least make it an option, if possible, pretty please. :D
the only thing wrong with first person i the fov, shits gotta be like 60 or less. also 1vs1 1st person isnt that bad, its the group battles that are hard because of the fov
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Duvain

• Nooblord
  • Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bro
  • Game nicks: marthastewart
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2012, 12:27:08 am »
yes yes goood

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2012, 01:26:06 am »
4. Strategus
As seen in the last strategus patch, I'm trying to bring more and easier battles back into Strategus. I feel I've done an error with trying to shove economics into the gameplay so hard. They will stay a part of the game, but I intend them to be a bonus for clans and individual players, not the fundament like i tried before. Which was stupid. Micromanagement shouldn't be a necessity to play the game.

In the end, strategus is a game to fight epic battles, and that should be the main focus.

There is one change you need to make and everything will be sweet.

Recruit 5-10 troops per tick!!! (I'm not againt getting 5-10 goods per tick as well)

That is now the only real bottle neck, trading is great fun and it gives you options when taking the fight to your enemy so keep it 100%
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2012, 01:38:53 am »
+1
Sooo, when is the compensation for hoplite/spearmen coming? Half my thrusts pass through people and its basically impossible to fight 1v1 with hoplite, also cant even keep up with sidestepping.. i'm so useless right now -_- Spinstab nerf, whyyyyyyyy? T_T Also going to have to be a pretty juicy buff to actually make hoplite reliable again, ugh..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2012, 02:50:18 am »
+1
Sooo, when is the compensation for hoplite/spearmen coming? Half my thrusts pass through people and its basically impossible to fight 1v1 with hoplite, also cant even keep up with sidestepping.. i'm so useless right now -_- Spinstab nerf, whyyyyyyyy? T_T Also going to have to be a pretty juicy buff to actually make hoplite reliable again, ugh..

I actually think the nerf was a bit overdone.  Sure, I've been caught by plenty of moments where 'ahurrhurr, I can get this guy---WHY IS THERE A SPEAR IN MY FACE!?" but to be honest, I think it was polestagger that needed to go.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 03:04:50 am by Brrrak »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2012, 02:51:49 am »
+2
You looked at this one too, ha! :mrgreen:

"Quote" button does wonders.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2012, 03:07:46 am »
I actually think the nerf was a bit overdone.  Sure, I've been caught by plenty of moments where 'ahurrhurr, I can get this guy---WHY IS THERE A SPEAR IN MY FACE!?" but to be honest, I think it was polestagger that needed to go.

(click to show/hide)
I think it was used as a primary, atleast sometimes.. I think hoplites should lose the damage/speed penalty and get another attack, such as a overhead thrust but tbh a left swing would be even better since it works on closerange and i dont think the animation would look bad either.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2012, 05:16:10 am »
I think it was used as a primary, atleast sometimes.. I think hoplites should lose the damage/speed penalty and get another attack, such as a overhead thrust but tbh a left swing would be even better since it works on closerange and i dont think the animation would look bad either.

From the players' or opponents' left?