So...

Like it...
417 (60.5%)
Hate it...
17 (2.5%)
HATE YOU
255 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 689

Author Topic: Strategus Progress / WSE Implementation  (Read 58820 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Strategus Progress / WSE Implementation
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2011, 10:15:47 pm »
Dragons are worth it imo.
Knock it off with all the dragon rumours, I might actually start to believe you!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2011, 11:18:17 pm »
edit: on a more serious note, i'm not gonna change because someone thinks it's inappropiate. I am how I am. Deal with it.

I already did so by stopping to play your mod.

First of all I am not requesting to change yourself, only to change your behaviour by a tiny little bit.

How about appointing some kind of "community" manager who moderates the communication between you and the community? Who scales down the enormous amount of messages from the community directed to you to small tiny sentences (e.g. "Community likes to get barmace nerfed. And there is a thread where people complain about the new ladders."), and who scales up the small tiny sentecnes for the community you've got to stick to due to lack of time. E.g. chadz to community manager: "Go and tell them about the progress, but not about the new dual wielding feature, we still have many bugs and I don't know if we will implement it." -> community manager checks the internal forums with the various threads, sets up a preliminary changelog and writes a few infos about the basic concept the developers are following and the progress of the work ("We want to make the game more awesome and feel like 'Tiger and Dragon', but we still have problems with the jumping on branches and walking over water"). Could be a whole DIN A4 page, which costs you only a few short sentences to your community manager.

I bet you would find several (suited!) people willing to do the job, you could stay the donkey you appearently insist to be, and everyone would be happy.

Second: you really shouldn't change just because someone tells you to do so, but you should always ask yourself if the person eventually might be right. This is to be understand on a more general way, not really pointed at the actual discussion we have here.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2011, 11:21:38 pm »
I already did so by stopping to play your mod.

First of all I am not requesting to change yourself, only to change your behaviour by a tiny little bit.

How about appointing some kind of "community" manager who moderates the communication between you and the community? Who scales down the enormous amount of messages from the community directed to you to small tiny sentences (e.g. "Community likes to get barmace nerfed. And there is a thread where people complain about the new ladders."), and who scales up the small tiny sentecnes for the community you've got to stick to due to lack of time. E.g. chadz to community manager: "Go and tell them about the progress, but not about the new dual wielding feature, we still have many bugs and I don't know if we will implement it." -> community manager checks the internal forums with the various threads, sets up a preliminary changelog and writes a few infos about the basic concept the developers are following and the progress of the work ("We want to make the game more awesome and feel like 'Tiger and Dragon', but we still have problems with the jumping on branches and walking over water"). Could be a whole DIN A4 page, which costs you only a few short sentences to your community manager.

I bet you would find several (suited!) people willing to do the job, you could stay the donkey you appearently insist to be, and everyone would be happy.

Second: you really shouldn't change just because someone tells you to do so, but you should always ask yourself if the person eventually might be right. This is to be understand on a more general way, not really pointed at the actual discussion we have here.

Such a Joker. Hilarious.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2011, 11:31:50 pm »
Thanks for this precious contribution to the discussion.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Tetris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Once a King, Always a King.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Sovereignty
  • Game nicks: SoA_Sovereign_Tetris
  • IRC nick: Tet
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2011, 11:54:11 pm »
You guys expect a small dev team thats not even in their prime(No offense whatsoever, but you are in college correct? And you will make something FAR better than this little project.) to race developing a new version of strategus. Think of his resources and time? He has a life. and "EA or any of those big companies" have dozens of Developers and they still take months on end on boring sequels. Go rage and critique them not a poor donkey =[

and be glad this dev even replies or trolls you. Its good to know hes still even there, then we know he hasnt abandoned us to fend for ourselves!

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2011, 11:56:09 pm »
Well i like a happy trolling chadz, but i find the long downtime of strategus and patches a little depressing. I don't think he needs to "respect" or be serious, i'll be happy if he keeps coding. I can always play some starcraft2 in the meantime.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:01:22 am by Ganon »

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2011, 12:00:47 am »
The great strategus will come when it comes, we can only sit and pray for its arrival :D
Just a soldier

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2011, 12:32:07 am »
I'm patient dear chadz :-)

But could you do us a favour and explain why the old strategus is not up/reset? Something with the database being garbled?

Also.. I'm not sure if it's neccesary to release a finished thing.. Look at minecraft :-)

Unless what you are making is so awesome that it may get a lot of press when it arrives ofc.. (and you would want good press)  Anyway, my gut is highly sceptical about the effect of a "release" no matter, as warband is an old game. Slowly growing the playerbase from an unfinished product would in my opinion be a much more dynamic process, and in the case of a mm strategic/trading/battle game also good for balancing, as it is potentially far too complex a game, that anyone can get it right the first time. Not even EVE could do that..

A patching system could make the patch transitions more smooth however.

Anyway, you have a lot of good people here that would be happy to closed betatest it. You may be well aware, but player patience is stretched thin, as you gave us a big icecream with strategus, and then took it away!

Don't forget to throw around some candy.. :-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2011, 12:37:20 am »
Don't hate me too much chadz but I would like to have the old strategus up while we wait ^.^

Give us babys a rattle to play with while you put together our bikes!
On it.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2011, 02:29:59 am »
Whatever, it'll come in due time.

He did say he's been busy lately. Not many people with the same skill set to fill in for him either, only cmpxchgb8 and he's equally lazy.

Damn you devs... Damn you...
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2011, 02:40:34 am »
dear chadz :-)
you gave us a big icecream with strategus, and then took it away!

:cry:

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2011, 03:47:19 am »
Lol.
He just admitted he's an asshole who can't change.

Why do all devs have to have power-hungry admins? This kind of shit forced me to leave Garry's Mod.
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2011, 04:44:32 am »
Lol.
He just admitted he's an asshole who can't change.

Why do all devs have to have power-hungry admins? This kind of shit forced me to leave Garry's Mod.

I cut you with knife.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2011, 05:07:08 am »
Give me my knife back peasant. Let the Rogue who knows how to use it do the assassinations.

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2011, 12:25:47 pm »
I will just be happy when strat comes back, and will play until some massive change happens in my weekly life.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.