So...

Like it...
417 (60.5%)
Hate it...
17 (2.5%)
HATE YOU
255 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 689

Author Topic: Strategus Progress / WSE Implementation  (Read 57134 times)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: Strategus Progress / WSE Implementation
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2011, 06:32:36 pm »
i have donated more than once to this mod , and i expect some out put ....

Hey, it's called donating, it's not a subscription or anything like that, he owes you literally nothing so you shouldn't expect anything just because you donated a few doll-hairs.
Be happy the mod is still running lol count your blessings & watch your tongue, also keep in mind how difficult it must be to type being a donkey n such.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2011, 06:49:57 pm »
It's all bs guys, oh i quit cRPG, oh i have donate, oh he doesn't give us info, real dev don't troll... But who the fuck are you, this guys give you so much fun, you wouldn't even play MB if cRPG didn't exist, you make me sick.

Dev team don't own you a shit, this is all for free, this is not their job, they don't have a salary for doing this.

Ok it's long, cRPG have many flaws, but what the hell you can have fun.
Stop complaining, give a helping hand.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2011, 06:55:58 pm »
Do you really want a boring dev guy that's just.. normal?

I know you don't.

That's why you love me.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2011, 07:55:10 pm »
I can't believe how much we pay chadz and we still don't have strat back!!

Offline Meensai

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Meensai
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2011, 08:09:00 pm »
Actually guys, shut up!

This guy called chadz spent alot of his time to develope a mod for hundreds of player, nobody forces you to donate and he never said he wants to become a competition for SEGA, EA, whoever...

He's just spending some of his time to step by step finish a mod for a game, which he likes to do.

A great mod, with internet-support, FOR FREE!

So... seriously shut up, enjoy what you got and if there comes more, it'll, when not, nobody's(hould-be) missing.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:10:22 pm by Meensai »
image too big

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2011, 08:24:31 pm »
You know, although chadz has created this mod it doesn't mean we have to accept to be treated like retards who can be pranked by some screenshots and shit. Don't you think that every person always deserves a minimum of respect (unless he's some kind of child abuser or other extreme shit)?

If I save the life of someone, does this allow me to knock at his door at 3 a.m., give him my dirty laundry and say: "I expect it back in 20 minutes! Hurry up!"? Of course it does not, as there is a basic respect level which should never be undershot.

And in my opinion making some weird progress report threads with nothing more than a screenshot which is probably a fake, and all the other pseudo-funny comments and secret hints and small silly riddles and whatnot is BENEATH this basic respect line, at least for me.

I know cRPG is magically attracting all trolls and retards out there, and in fact I wouldn't mind them recieving such a treatment, but there are also some decent guys out there, who are not complete pricks, and it's unjust to treat them like the rest. The reason for making decent progress report threads, patch notes and other stuff would be the same like acquitting someone due to lack of evidence or paying welfare to someone. In many, if not most cases you know the guy doesn't deserve it, but you do it anyway, for the few who DO deserve it. It's the minor evil.

So as long as chadz doesn't show some minimum respect anyone on the world can expect from others, I don't have any motivation to play his mod at all.

The only progress I am sure is happening is the shrinking of the number of players. And approaching mastership in trolling.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:26:14 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2011, 08:33:15 pm »
You know, although chadz has created this mod it doesn't mean we have to accept to be treated like retards who can be pranked by some screenshots and shit. Don't you think that every person always deserves a minimum of respect (unless he's some kind of child abuser or other extreme shit)?

If I save the life of someone, does this allow me to knock at his door at 3 a.m., give him my dirty laundry and say: "I expect it back in 20 minutes! Hurry up!"? Of course it does not, as there is a basic respect level which should never be undershot.

And in my opinion making some weird progress report threads with nothing more than a screenshot which is probably a fake, and all the other pseudo-funny comments and secret hints and small silly riddles and whatnot is BENEATH this basic respect line, at least for me.

I know cRPG is magically attracting all trolls and retards out there, and in fact I wouldn't mind them recieving such a treatment, but there are also some decent guys out there, who are not complete pricks, and it's unjust to treat them like the rest. The reason for making decent progress report threads, patch notes and other stuff would be the same like acquitting someone due to lack of evidence or paying welfare to someone. In many, if not most cases you know the guy doesn't deserve it, but you do it anyway, for the few who DO deserve it. It's the minor evil.

So as long as chadz doesn't show some minimum respect anyone on the world can expect from others, I don't have any motivation to play his mod at all.

The only progress I am sure is happening is the shrinking of the number of players. And approaching mastership in trolling.

To quote the phrase in your profile: "Why so serious?"
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2011, 08:42:01 pm »
Do you really want a boring dev guy that's just.. normal?

I know you don't.

That's why you love me.

(click to show/hide)

less trolling more coding, damn donkey

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2011, 08:43:40 pm »
To quote the phrase in your profile: "Why so serious?"

You know, even the Joker is not joking all the time... it get's tiresome, after a while... and it's been a long while...
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2011, 08:53:03 pm »
Hey, it's called donating, it's not a subscription or anything like that, he owes you literally nothing so you shouldn't expect anything just because you donated a few doll-hairs.
Be happy the mod is still running lol count your blessings & watch your tongue, also keep in mind how difficult it must be to type being a donkey n such.

What? Sure, if you only donate a couple of hundred Euro or less. All I'm saying is that my 3k is getting some personal requests implemented. And yeah, it's slowing down development progress, but who cares? Dragons are worth it imo.
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2011, 09:03:40 pm »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

edit: on a more serious note, i'm not gonna change because someone thinks it's inappropiate. I am how I am. Deal with it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:05:10 pm by chadz »

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2011, 09:04:32 pm »
What? Sure, if you only donate a couple of hundred Euro or less. All I'm saying is that my 3k is getting some personal requests implemented. And yeah, it's slowing down development progress, but who cares? Dragons are worth it imo.

Well, that does it.  I'm calling the cops!

Seriously though, I'd rather get something in a few months that's 99.9% done and playable than something ASAP that's released pre-mature and buggy like *cough* Empire: Total War.  "Art is never finished, only abandoned" - Leonardo chadzvinci

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46:22 pm »
I'd wish the dev team had just left strategus as it was while they were working on a patch. So we could have fun in the mean time. But i can only guess why it didn't happen.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2011, 09:50:01 pm »
I'd wish the dev team had just left strategus as it was while they were working on a patch. So we could have fun in the mean time. But i can only guess why it didn't happen.

Aye, that is what I had hoped for aswell.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SittingBull

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Chief_SittingBull_Astralis
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2011, 09:58:44 pm »
chadz, can we get another preview screenie?  :( Peaaase?